Breezehome stored items gone

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegade

Luckily I caught this right away so I reloaded the last save to get my stuff back. Now I keep that gamesave. Is there any other safer storage options in this game that aren't bugged to disappear like this?

Halkin

pzzzztt
i've never had an issue with house storage, everything has been where i left it.

which container was it in?

Halkin

pzzzztt
dont get all lairy, but you didnt get drunk and move stuff? honestly, since 11/11 (or shortly after) i've never had an issue with the houses for storage. even with mods and multiple reinstalls copying save games all my stuff is still here

Kitty

Everything I stored in my Riften house vanished :sadface: I guess I'll have to load from an earlier save

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How did you purchase Breezehome in the normal way or did you use the exploit to keep your money?

BFP53

I own all 5 houses and havent had a problem with either one of them with stuff disappearing. The only problem i have is the houses arent restocking themselves with food and drink.

Dagmar

I own all 5 houses and havent had a problem with either one of them with stuff disappearing. The only problem i have is the houses arent restocking themselves with food and drink.
They aren't supposed to restock. The interiors of the houses are non-reset zones. That's the reason why the containers are safe.

I'm still curious to know whether the OP purchased his his house in the normal way or used the -put the gold in a container near the Steward to get a free house- exploit. It's the only reason I can think of as to why the house and containers might not have the proper no reset tag on them.

Nakatsu_Hime

Ohh good. I'm in the guild. Not done anything for them yet, but in it (I think).

This is the first I've read about house-stored items being at risk - assuming the house is legally purchased.
I'm gonna install some bear traps and buy a Dragon pet, or employ a smelly vagrant to bark at intervals when I'm out.

Kitty

They aren't supposed to restock. The interiors of the houses are non-reset zones. That's the reason why the containers are safe.

I'm still curious to know whether the OP purchased his his house in the normal way or used the -put the gold in a container near the Steward to get a free house- exploit. It's the only reason I can think of as to why the house and containers might not have the proper no reset tag on them.

I purchased my house the normal way, i'm in with the theives guild and I have a housecarl and my spouse at the house. All of the containers, chests, etc...everything has reset in the Riften house. :sadface: I'm really at a loss as to why it happened...

Dagmar

I purchased my house the normal way, i'm in with the theives guild and I have a housecarl and my spouse at the house. All of the containers, chests, etc...everything has reset in the Riften house. :sadface:I'm really at a loss as to why it happened...
The whole interior of the house is hard coded to not reset. Something that would cause the entire house to reset would have to occur. It shouldn't do this but the only things I can imagine that would cause that are either adding an upgrade (probably not the case or reports of this bug would be widespread) or if the ownership is reset. The only thing I can think of that might trigger the ownership to be reset is a change in control of the city, either because of the Imperial or Stormcloak quests, or the peace treaty talks that can occur during Season Unending.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts