Boss fight you hated the most

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyer032392

I can't remember where it was but after encountering Deathlords around every corner, I then had to battle 6 of them as well as the dragon priest all at once. It was so frustratingly hard.

I believe that was Vlskygge with the Dragon Priest that was also named Volsung. I remember that there was this one Deathlord that always has an Ebony War axe with him regardless of what level you are.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
They aren't even considered "bosses," but I really don't like fighting Forsworn Briarhearts. They always decapitate me before I have the chance to do anything.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I can't remember where it was but after encountering Deathlords around every corner, I then had to battle 6 of them as well as the dragon priest all at once. It was so frustratingly hard.
I think i know the battle you're talking about, wasn't there also a draugre above firing an ebony bow? I believe its the dungeon where you get the first disarm shout. Yea that place was a nightmare! i died several times in the first room because the deathlord kept shouting me off that narrow walkway and there was no room to dodge.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I think i know the battle you're talking about, wasn't there also a draugre above firing an ebony bow? I believe its the dungeon where you get the first disarm shout. Yea that place was a nightmare! i died several times in the first room because the deathlord kept shouting me off that narrow walkway and there was no room to dodge.

I'm not sure about the shout, but I know you get a Dragon Priest mask out of it :) I actually had to turn the difficulty down for that one, which I don't like doing...but after dying so many times.. I was desperate..

Ivory

Let's Player
The dragur deathlord of the guldur family that is an archer and makes clones of himself that all love to FUS RO DAH me all over the room.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I hated the boss fight with Miraak. Why, you ask? It was disappointing. So anticlimactic. I thought it was gonna be this epic, Dragonborn v. Dragonborn battle, but no, he sprinted around the platform like a Kenyan, took his time absorbing dragon souls, and I didn't even get to kill him at the end, goddamn Hermaeus got to. Disappointed.

I also disliked the boss fight with Rahgot, because I had 6 or so Deathlords on my tail as well as the Dragon Priest himself. Although it was REALLY fun, it was frustrating as hell.

And y'know, when I was a low level, once upon a time, Bandit Chiefs were AWFUL. They would hit you once with their battleaxe, taking out a fourth of your pathetically low health, then power attack and get a cinematic fatality on me. That sucked hard.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I hated the boss fight with Miraak. Why, you ask? It was disappointing. So anticlimactic. I thought it was gonna be this epic, Dragonborn v. Dragonborn battle, but no, he sprinted around the platform like a Kenyan, took his time absorbing dragon souls, and I didn't even get to kill him at the end, goddamn Hermaeus got to. Disappointed.

I also disliked the boss fight with Rahgot, because I had 6 or so Deathlords on my tail as well as the Dragon Priest himself. Although it was REALLY fun, it was frustrating as hell.

And y'know, when I was a low level, once upon a time, Bandit Chiefs were AWFUL. They would hit you once with their battleaxe, taking out a fourth of your pathetically low health, then power attack and get a cinematic fatality on me. That sucked hard.
Agreed, i was expecting Much more in the Miraak battle, same can be said for the vampire snow elf and Harkon fights on dawnguard, after all that we went through together all Serana had to say was "Yes? what did you need?" lol
And i totally, Totally feel your anguish on the cinematic deaths from enemies, its not so cool when your on the Receiving end of it, then u know how They feel! Sucks the pride right out of your ego i tell ya.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Every Draugr ever. I hate getting disarmed, it makes me fear my sword will disappear through the floor or something..

And not a boss fight, but once I bumped into some Draugr that was super OP for no particular reason. I had to hide behind a door and resort to turning Skyrim into a cover shooter... it wasn't fun.

Falmer19

I'm going to consider the implications of one character to consider it a boss fight-Nazeem. I certainly hate him.
But in all honesty probably Krosis. Scared the crap out of my when I ran up to that word wall.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Every Draugr ever. I hate getting disarmed, it makes me fear my sword will disappear through the floor or something..

And not a boss fight, but once I bumped into some Draugr that was super OP for no particular reason. I had to hide behind a door and resort to turning Skyrim into a cover shooter... it wasn't fun.
Try using spells! like fireballs, ice spikes, or chain lightning, they can't disarm u if your weapon is just your hands, i always go with a warrior character myself but always make sure i add a few perk points into Destruction magic specifically for draugre, there the only enemies i resort to spells with because even my master duel wielder gets pwned when up against deathlords, Destruction spells especially those with fire work very well against draugre. Another highly useful tool against them is the staff of paralysis, that staff is a life saver when dealing with hordes of deathlords! If you don't have it go to snapleg cave, its an easy cave to clear just a few spiders and 3 very weak mages, the staffs in there.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Try using spells! like fireballs, ice spikes, or chain lightning, they can't disarm u if your weapon is just your hands, i always go with a warrior character myself but always make sure i add a few perk points into Destruction magic specifically for draugre, there the only enemies i resort to spells with because even my master duel wielder gets pwned when up against deathlords, Destruction spells especially those with fire work very well against draugre. Another highly useful tool against them is the staff of paralysis, that staff is a life saver when dealing with hordes of deathlords! If you don't have it go to snapleg cave, its an easy cave to clear just a few spiders and 3 very weak mages, the staffs in there.

Hoh, I might go with that. I usually put a few perks into Conjuration to throw summons as bait, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add some Destruction perks too. c( As for the staff, I never even knew a staff of paralysis existed. o: Now i'm tempted to get it and give it to my follower and watch the ensuing chaos. xD

Reaper87

吉光
Ebony Warrior. Usually, I would have killed him in a couple of hits, but he was very difficult.
I had a certain sense of accomplishment after beating him. ;)

Wildroses

Hoh, I might go with that. I usually put a few perks into Conjuration to throw summons as bait, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add some Destruction perks too. c( As for the staff, I never even knew a staff of paralysis existed. o: Now i'm tempted to get it and give it to my follower and watch the ensuing chaos. xD

I'd be careful of giving a follower a staff of paralysis. I gave one to Vorstag once, and he tried to use it on a couple of wolves, missed both, and got me. He instantly lost it.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Yup! its in snapleg cave, look around on your map its not hard to find, the staff is one of the first weapons i go for when starting a new game. Be careful when giving it to a follower though because they tend to keep blasting even if your in the way and that is one weapon u do not want to get hit with in the middle of a battle.

Udefrykte was the hardest boss I've faced, but that may have something to do with the fact that I faced it while my character (a Breton) was still level one.

Spleed

Hmm,The first fight with Alduin on the throat of the world it was pretty hard and I wasn't prepared i died lots and lots of times!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Worst by far in my opinion was the final battle for the College at Winterhold. I hated that battle. Not because it was hard, but because it was stupid. I wanted to kill that guy since First Lessons and they wouldn't let me. I could have saved everyone a lot of trouble if they would have just let me backstab him the first time I see him in the courtyard... oh well.

Other than that, the harder and more choatic the better. You can't fit enough draugr to kill in one room as far as I'm concerned.

Multiple Deathlords/Dragon Priest/Dragon= Best battle ever

Bulb headed Thalmor who's plan was transparent immediately= BOOOOOOOORING!

Satorus

On my squishy mage character the hardest thing I fought hands down was a Dwarven Centurion with no follower. I had to kite him all over the place to bring him down, but it did feel pretty good.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Agreed. They destroy me every time. Takes about 3 to 5 retries and I'll get them finally.

Really! I always think, "Oh, it's only a dragon priest" when I see one. Easy kills. Alduin is pretty much the only enemy I avoid.

Ísönd

Hmm,The first fight with Alduin on the throat of the world it was pretty hard and I wasn't prepared i died lots and lots of times!

That happened to me the first time. Luckily, I've been prepared for the fight ever since.

PS I LOVE your sig.