Boss fight you hated the most

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PunWisp

War Mage
As the title says, what boss have you encountered so far have you hated the most? Whether it was hard, or they did some annoying move that tweaked you?

For me it was Sigdis Gauldursun, the boss in Geirmund's Hall. Why? Well his shout of course. Without his stupid shout he would be a easy boss like his 2 other brothers. Why do you ask I find this annoying? Because he disarms you and blasts you across the room (loose objects are affected by this shout). Call it a super unrelenting force that blasts you across the room. Which wouldn't be that bad (Save 2 clones doing the same move). You drop your right handed weapon, your second hand just goes back in your invent. Because of this boss I lost some epic unique named items. one being the staff you get from doing the pelagius quests, its the Wabbajack.. The coolest staff ever! and because of so much shouts, I couldn't find the staff, along with Wuuthrad, the axe my follower had... When I fought him later on again, I lost another unique staff. So this is my most hated boss. Haha

Dzylon

When I fought that boss, at level 36, the shout would kill me. Every time. I was wearing dragonplate armor, and I had moderately high health and heavy armor skills... I don't know why that shout kills some and just bounces around others.

PunWisp

War Mage
Really? It killed you? Weird. For me at level 27 with orc armor, it shoves me across the room only disarming. I would die if I had low health or if they shot me while I was down. However. never died.

Dzylon

Really? It killed you? Weird. For me at level 27 with orc armor, it shoves me across the room only disarming. I would die if I had low health or if they shot me while I was down. However. never died.
It's either a bug or the boss levels alongside the player. If the boss levels alongside the player, the shout could be exponentially more powerful to higher level players.

N..kiwi..Z

This was the boss regarding gaulders amulet right? Because i did this as level 48 yesterday and never took damage from any of them. I sat back in the shadows and hosed all 3 with the bow or duel cast fireball.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Haven't had a problem with the majority of the actual boss fights, and honestly the only mobs that have been problems were giants early on (didn't know about the ground smash), ancient dragons the first time they started popping up, and cavebears early on. Since then I've out-leveled pretty much everything, and the only thing that really gave me problems from start to finish was any mob with a shout. Hit me with a FusRoDah and arrow me while I'm ragdolling, cheap and easily the one thing I would dread when dungeon crawling.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Every. Dragon Priest. Ever.

Deadhand

Minecraft player detected.
Sorry sir your detector is on the fritz. I despise Minecraft with the entirety of my being, and thereby don't recognize why my post might be confused with that of a Minecraft player... :'C

Dzylon

Sorry sir your detector is on the fritz. I despise Minecraft with the entirety of my being, and thereby don't recognize why my post might be confused with that of a Minecraft player... :'C
Oh, I've just never seen anyone besides Minecraft players use mob in that context.

Not in the past few years, anyway.

Deadhand

Oh, I've just never seen anyone besides Minecraft players use mob in that context.
Nah. My use of mob originates quite a bit farther back than Minecraft, although the origin is the same for Minecraft and myself. If not the MUDs then EQ. Used it ever since in MMOs, and any RPGs to signify an NPC (usually kill-able baddie-type, NPC being used for interact-able story driven or chat character.)

Lilfish43

Why are you hating on Minecraft? It is fun (not as fun as skyrim but still fun online)

Deadhand

I'm not "hating" on it. I'm stating I don't like it. Apparently you do. Not sure why you care if I do or do not; as I don't care if you do or do not. Enjoy your gaming!

Dzylon

Nah. My use of mob originates quite a bit farther back than Minecraft, although the origin is the same for Minecraft and myself. If not the MUDs then EQ. Used it ever since in MMOs, and any RPGs to signify an NPC (usually kill-able baddie-type, NPC being used for interact-able story driven or chat character.)
I remember in the olden days of gaming mob was used frequently as short for "mobile".

Oh, and can we not turn this into a Minecraft vs No Minecraft thread? Thanks.

Deadhand

Agreed. They destroy me every time. Takes about 3 to 5 retries and I'll get them finally.
Krosis gave me trouble. He was my first. At the same time as the dragon protecting the wall he was next to. I was not prepared. No other DP has gotten the drop on me, luckily. :)

Callow

Waterbear.
Krosis gave me trouble. He was my first. At the same time as the dragon protecting the wall he was next to. I was not prepared. No other DP has gotten the drop on me, luckily. :)
Yes, that's the one. He tripped up both me and my wife.

Lilfish43

(SPOILER FOR DARK BROTHERHOOD)I forget his name something to do with tounges hahahaha you fight him on that Dark Brotherhood mission once the Night Mother sends you to find that guy that wants you to kill the Empror

PunWisp

War Mage

Not in the past few years, anyway.
Mob is a very common phrase used in MMO worlds. Warcraft of course being a good example.

And about dragon Priest, I found the one at storkyyge or w/e the name of that dungeon was, where you face one, he was pretty easy, my follower kept his attention, and I simply followed him around using flame spell. And used some melee. He seemed easy (This was at lvl 13 on my second save). He has the mask that gives +20 carry weight, water breathing, and 20% barter prices.

Other than the boss I listed, most seem pretty easy, they just take longer to kill generally. Its when your follower is down and you have no pots or anything is when sometimes it gets a little tricky (Depending on the fight and situation).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts