• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm probably just burned out from playing daily for like, 5 months, but I thought it could be an interesting discussion.

I loves me some Skyrim, but I've gotten a bit bored lately.
I've played several stealth characters and a couple of warriors; tried mages a few times, but I haven't found a mage playstyle that keeps me interested yet. Regardless, I've gotten a bit bored of Skyrim lately and decided to take a break.

How do you guys deal with it when Skyrim starts feeling a little stale? Or have you never gotten bored of it before?

Eury

Dovahkiin
When I get bored, I stop playing it for a while. I usually go on youtube to look how people play/fight and when I like it, I make a character like them. You could always RP, if you haven't already.

LunaMoth

I just play another game for a while. I'm thinking about going through Deus Ex HR again and maybe go through the original one as well after.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
I try to keep it fresh by swapping around some games. Recently I've been meaning to go back through Dragon Age Origins and finish some stuff up that I never got around to. Same with Dragon Age II.

Bluebaron

I just take a break from playing skyrim if I bored with it . I have some other games to play on xbox live that were just released like transformers fall of cybertron , madden 13 and damage inc which is also released today . I plan on spreading my gameplay around somewhat since I have friends to join online in each of those games . I will never stop playing skyrim because its a awesome game only drawback is no online play with friends on xbox live . When a new dlc comes out for skyrim the people who have shelved it will return . I cant fault anyone for geing bored with any game and skyrim is no exception if you play it everyday for so many months its bound to become boring especailly if you did all the quests or are maxed out on your character and discovered everything there is to do in the game .

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Normally, I just play another game. But I always come back. I can't help it.

TheHaydz242

Well I play multiple games.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I've talked about this a couple other times on the board, but my new boredom fixation after getting the Prowler's Profit perk after finishing the Stones of Barenziah questline is that I go around to all of the Nordic ruins I can find and collect as many gems as I can and hoard them all in display cases and the little troughs in my houses. Then again, I'm a girl and having boxes full of gems makes me squee, so that might not work so great for you. All the same, fixation on something seems to do the trick :p

TheHaydz242

I've talked about this a couple other times on the board, but my new boredom fixation after getting the Prowler's Profit perk after finishing the Stones of Barenziah questline is that I go around to all of the Nordic ruins I can find and collect as many gems as I can and hoard them all in display cases and the little troughs in my houses. Then again, I'm a girl and having boxes full of gems makes me squee, so that might not work so great for you. All the same, fixation on something seems to do the trick :p

I have display cases full of heads if that counts? ;)

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I play another game, right after I murder EVERYONE in Skyrim, then quickload.

Unit7

I play a different game, maybe catch up on some reading, get invested in a good tv show for awhile.

TheDovahkiin

Have you tried playing as a Greybeard?
I hate you. Because now I will ONLY play as a Greybeard for until they made Elder Scrolls 6 :p.

Exelex

I hate you. Because now I will ONLY play as a Greybeard for until they made Elder Scrolls 6 :p.
PC players can easily play as a Greybeard by equipping the Greybeard Robes. Then they can install the "Dovahkiin Relaxes Too" mod to further feel like a Greybeard (being able to prey/meditate EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE, the Greybeards are able to). It can be very fun for a while, to me, because you actually can live a peaceful life in Skyrim and live in a secluded sanctuary on the highest mountain.... and feel like the higher power of Skyrim.:D

TheDovahkiin

Nice, I am on XBox but I will do my best :D.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts