• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tom

Article Writer
i am bored of my pure assassin character, i am finding killing one enemy at a time with one shot just boring. i get no real combat! i also dont think he fits into the main questline very well. im just finding the lack of face to face fights dull.

i am going to make a nord warrior, sword and shield combo. i think heavy armour looks badass and i hope i will get into more fights.

i dont want to have to make a new character and do loads of quests again if i dont have to.

is there anyway to spice things up with my assassin? (only in thief guild not DB) or should i just make a warrior?

Necromis

may I suggest using a dagger instead of your bow, try to sneak up on the enemy, then if you don't one hit kill him you have to melee him. Also it will improve your one hand allowing you the option of sneakin up to combat but actually fighting them.

Tom

Article Writer
i think i might forge my assassin into a "combat assassin" more of a toe to toe fighter than sneak and bow. i can sneak into combat then fight people, but still have the option to slice their throat :) .

and there is nothing stopping me from using a sword and shield on him for a bit. (it doesnt fit into his roleplay but meh)

SmokinBeatZ

I must admit,ive always gone for the pure tank warrior both in oblivion and skyrim,never tried out the stealthy type as i always like to go straight into the middle of rucks. Might give it a try on the next play through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
You're bored because the balance in this game is not the best and Sneak builds are especially overpowered.

brandon

yeah i got that way with my theif as well. someone said to switch to daggers and the kill scenes for that is always cool. but what i did was upped the difficulty and used dual weild axe/mace combo. and as long as your armor skills are decent youll find combat fun. and you said youve only done the theives guild so it wouldnt hurt you that much to make a new character and go for a light armored tank type. there isnt a huge difference between light and heavy armor ratings if you make your own.

Necromis

I dunno. If you stay away from the smithing tree as a straight up sneak thief killer, it can actually be very difficult if you don't build it right. I have had to run away from mobs on many of occassions to save my assassins rump when they have found me. It is all a matter of how you build and if you take advantage of exploits. If you do the game is easy for any build whether tank mage or thief.

Tom

Article Writer
when you have 100 sneak with all perks, shadow warrioris over powered, you can have someone attacking you face on, if you crouch you go into sneak again and can get a sneak attack on them.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I'm guessing mine is a pure combat assassin then, going to get my archery to level 100 soon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts