• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Queet

Alright, I've been following a tutoial on making bookshelves. It's told me to do several things (create triggers, markers etc) and that's fine, but I'm making a number of bookshelves, but it was only talking about one.
It said to link the 'playerbookshelfcontainer' to 'playerbookshelftrigger' and to use the keyword 'Bookshelftrigger01'
I was wondering, do I have to go up numbers (i.e. 'Bookshelftrigger02' for the second set of books?

The bookshelf I'm using has three areas to place books, a top a middle and a bottom. Would I have to put the top one as '01', the middle as '02' and the bottom as '03' or would they all be 01?

Thanks!

Blackstreak

I'd like to find this tutorial on making bookshelves. Getting armor stands and weapon racks/mounts to work too would be awesome. I can't figure out why imitating in-game set ups on these are not working. I can't figure out why the MannequinActivateTrig won't show the primitive tab either.

Blackstreak

I wonder if there's not some way to just group-select the assets of an existing bookshelf, copy them, and then paste them over and over as needed. It would be helpful.

You mean you can't? I was planning to make one shelf and then mass copy. Planning to do the same w/ the armor stands and weapon displays. I'm putting a museum together to display all the different equipment sets.

And I'm running into the same problem w/ the bookshelfclicktrigger object as the mannequintrigger: It disappears in the render window and there is no primitive tab. I need help on that one.

Blackstreak

After a bit of a break from this I came back to it and found out why I was having the problem I had. Somehow I was not using the proper method in bringing out the proper trigger. Anyways, to answer your original question (and not take over your topic), I believe you do have to set each level of the shelf to its own number. You could always experiment.

EDIT: I was looking at the in-game samples and they don't change that numeric value you are talking about.