PS3 Blood On The Ice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
So you guessed it I want to buy the house in Windhelm, now for the background. I have taken over Windhelm with the Imperials and the new jarl told me to help some folks out in town which I did mainly beggers. Now I assume I'm suppose to do this Blood on the Ice quest? I have left and gone from Wndhelm over 5 times now and no one is in the grave yard.

So since I did the Imperial line do I still need to do the Blood Ice, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks All,

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You need to do Blood on the Ice before you by Hjerim or 2 bad things will happen. Hjerim will be bugged and glitchy and, if and when you do the Blood on the Ice quest, it will also become bugged.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
So I am on the Blood on the Ice quest and I have gone to investigate the crime scene and found the marker over the grave and all but it doesn't do anything when I get there. Even if it spoils it, please tell me how to do this quest! I think it may be a glitch, but want to be sure before I abandon the quest and any that may be linked to it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Hmmm look at all that blood! Hmmm it seems to be trailing off in this direction. Maybe I should see where it leads..... ;)

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
This is happening to me right now, and also to many others. The quest won't activate

The best thing to do really is to just get out of town, do other things, quests, explore around, and then just come back to the mission later on. No guarantee that it'll work, but it's the best thing to do as Bethesda hasn't released a patch for it yet.

uzu

Well, I'm having this issue for 5 months now and basically, it made me stop playing. I too was going for all the hoses and after reading a bit I concluded that the Windhelm house would best fit to my needs utility wise. At thistime I was lvl 50-52, had completed: dragonborn main quest, civilwar and went on imperial side, all words of power, had all houses available besides the one in WH, finished thieves guild and started nightingale quest chain as a nightingale but stopped before killing Nilsine or who the assassin optional contract target was due to a friend telling me that he did murder her and thus had read that you couldn't get tge house if doing so (witch by itself seemed to suck to me :p ...little did i know).

Also, before getting into detailed descriptions, I must say that Ive had this issue thru more versions of the game (i play on pc),updated from 1.something to 1.5+ that is curently out. I have been in and out WH many times before attempting to trigger this quest, very late in the game as previously stated. The thing for me is thatI have the amulet, I pickpocketed the key, I broke into the house from pure curiosity and that led me to the internet ..:p as no quest triggered even on trying "investigate" inside. The new yarl made me thane but I cannot buy the house due to the standard "there have been some things happenin around that house and it's curently unavailable" text. All NPCs listed are up, even tho i cannot confirm the guard mentioned in the threads here. I have traveled my ass off in and out, spoke to everyone and everything, stalked ppl worse than the damn butcher himself. I thought maybe dropping the pending assassination quest might unblock whatever is blocked but I dunno how to do that, too bad there isnt such an option in the ui and be able to pick it up again later from the specific npc...

What I observed: sussana or what's her name ( npc that is supposed to die as 1st victim) doesnt leave candlehearth. (stalked her inside too, tried to attack her, thing that triggers another npc jumping in and bashing...her even more as she cannot die...immguessing thats good tho given my specific bug). She wont leave the inn damn it!:)

Another thing, I have seen Calixo stalk near the inn some times, but she just wouldnt go out. I repeat, I cannot start the quest, tried everything except console commands. What do you guise think? How can i make her leave the inn? This last house to buy so i can continue the assassin's guild chain but cant cuz im stuck thing simply made me quit and wait for a fix...a fix that never came :sadface:. And no, id like to do it on my "main" char that ive cared for and loved from since he was a lvl 1 nobody :p

Cheers, ty for the read and possible replies and gl.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Most patches wont fix quests already in play so the patch 1.5 may not help your previously saved games.

uzu

I just want the hose rlly and i find it amazingly frustrating not to be able to access it. I mean, any console command whatever would do! Cant the devs throw some thing out that rips out this cursed quest from us gltched ppl? :sadface:

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The problem with console commands is that they have a tendency to glitch your game up somewhere else. My advice is if you really want that house then make a new character & go do the quest. Because as I stated before ......
Most patches wont fix quests already in play so the patch 1.5 may not help your previously saved games.

Cody667

This is why I always recommend to anyone just starting out starting up a new file to get this quest done and out of the way ASAP. Fast travel in and out of Windhelm 4-5 times, and get this one and "The Forsworn Conspiracy" in Markarth over with quickly. They were both awesome ideas, but they are just so damn buggy that they have to be done precisely in order to successfully complete them. That's why doing them at the start of the game is best, especially for those who hate having a broken and non-completable quest in the journal.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The Forsworn Conspiracy works now with the 1.5 Patch on a new character.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts