PS3 Blood on the ice bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nerezza

Hey people, I been several times at Windhelm but this quest just don't wanna start... I finished the quest of the imperials, I gained the trophy of Hero of Skyrim so the city is now of the imperials... I read that Bethesda "fixed" this bug with the most recent patch but still bugged this quest... Any idea to make it start?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Nerezza

Burzum, like zSuoiveDx said, I'm on PS3, sorry, I just forget to mention it in this post, my patch for Skyrim automatically upload a few days ago, and when I read it, said this was fixed but still not working... In the place where the dead woman is are 3 people, a priest, a woman who can teach me pickpocketing and a guy... Calixto or something like that but they don't wanna talk to me... I even pickpocket them but they don't wanna start a conversation

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Is this after starting a new character or are you trying it with the same character you've had? Some fo the fixes seem to instantly apply but others will often no go into effect until you have a character created since the patch was installed.

Nerezza

I'm trying with my same character, I know that this bugged because the stormclock soldier isn't there anymore but I though when then fixed it, a imperial can make it start

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's a long shot but have you gone through the process of deleting your game data? Did you get the water bug when you updated to the newest patch?

Nerezza

Not really, but I had a few problems after the update, one of them was my previous post, when I became Shadowmere, and before that (same day) my hard file just disappear, the funny thing about that file is I gained a trophy that day and when I checked the trophies, it was there but the file was gone. I erase a couple of files, but I don't wanna erase everything... is absolutely necessary?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, it doesn't erase your saved games. It will just 'clear the cache' it seems, like when you do that to a browser. It still saves your bookmarks, but it will clear out the old history and all that. Here's a link to a post about it and there are links there that describe the process in detail so you can decide if maybe it's a good option for you to try.

Consoles - Patch 1.5.26 Water Bug | Skyrim Forums

Nerezza

Well, about the part of erasing my hard file erased it's no problem, I had a save of the day before... but it just dissapear, I swear, but still the problem of Blood on the Ice bug

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
If the group of people are around the body... and the guard isn't there.... head over to Hjerim and pick the lock. The quest should start immediately once you open that door.

Necromis

Don't the updates work the same for the consoles as they do for the PC in that you have to start a brand new game for them to work, they won't go back and correct an existing bug?

Necromis

I had to pick on you a bit. :) After all you are a Fungi to be around. LOL

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts