OOC Blood in the Arena(Open)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Ah yeah, I get ya :) I have friends on the east coast in vermont and florida but I've never really met anyone who lives on the west coast

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Ah. It's pretty peaceful. Oregon is called the "Beaver State" but I think it should be called the "Rainy state" Washington has a split personality, the west side is always rainy and the east is dry farmland mostly. "Evergeen State" is correct mostly.. No matter how many fires it just sprouts out trees and stays green. Well, on the west side anyway. California is HOT. Constantly. After you leave Oregon and get into that hot state you have to do a double take and ask yourself, "Where the heck am I? Hades?" If you live in a cold climate and travel there it's a huge change. Need to bring lots of water!

Dabiene Caristiana

Alright. When does this go on the timeline? If I were to put up Dabiene I have to know when or where this takes place, or a different Universe entirely. Then I have to figure out which other one I'll throw in. Probably Fenrir.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Name: Gjorn Frost-Fist
    Race: Skaal Nord
    Height/Weight: 5'10" / 156lbs
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Laterality: Right handed
    Religion: The All-Maker
    Class: Berserker
    Dialogue: This

Appearance:
    Hair: Very pale blonde, bordering white, flowing down to his shoulders but with his fringe tied into a braid kept to the left side of his face.
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Skin Color: Pale white, as is expected of a Skaal.
    Build: Very muscular, but slight enough to be mobile in combat.
    Usual Clothes: When travelling he wears his Skaal clothes, thick and padded and designed to keep him warm. Casually he will wear a simple shirt, normally a dark colour, and boots. In combat he often wears his Skaal clothes, or his Nordic armor, but will forsake most of his clothing in favor of mobility if the odds are against him.

Personality:
    Positive traits: Fierce and fearless, easy-going and struggles to dislike people.
    Negative traits: Partially insane, overly violent, slow to trust, somewhat dim-witted, headstrong.
    Dislikes: Warm places, Stormcloaks, men without honor, people who are over-confident.
    Fears: Failure, being dishonored, castration.
    Aspirations: To get respect and wealth above the average man, to rejoin the Skaal.

Combat:
    Weapons: A Stalhrim mace he crafted himself named Frostfist, a smoked steel short sword named Curse, a Nordic Long sword called Frostfang and an iron dagger.
    Fighting Style: As a Berserker, Gjorn uses a series of rituals and herbal concoctions to induce a trance-like state before most of his battles, allowing him to completely eliminate any sort of fear so that he can throw his entirety into the battle at hand without needing to think or be scared. He hacks and slashes and stabs, trying to do all he can to tear his opponents to pieces with flurries of strong blows rather than calculated attacks.
    Skills:
    Master: One-Handed
    Expert: Two-Handed, Light Armor
    Adept: None
    Apprentice: Heavy Armor, Smithing (only for basic repairs and tempering)
    Novice: Others

Other:
    Family: Brynjar Frost-Fist (Father), Gyrnyolf Frost-Fist (Older Brother), Harnjolf Frost-Fist (Younger Brother)
    History: Gjorn's mother died during childbirth, and his father resented him so much for it that he refused to even whisper her name in his presence. Determined to overturn his father's hatred for him, he began to train for countless hours to become the greatest warrior the Skaal had ever seen, and at just 12 he killed his first Riekling, an accomplishment for one as young as him. He became obsessed with weaponry, spending vast amounts of time with the village smith to learn how to repair and maintain his own, but did not have the patience or delicate hand required to make his own, much to his disappointment. His fighting, style, however, always seemed to cause conflict with the village elders. They disagreed with his methods, believing he was using demonic power obtained through his rituals by the Daedra. Furthermore, they began to see the effect of the concoctions on his personality, as he gradually became more and more aggressive and violent towards the others in the Skaal village. One day when he was 24, after an incident in the village, the details of which he has never revealed to anyone outside the village, the Elders decided it was time for them to be rid of his recklessness, and so he was banished from the village and forbidden from returning.

In Raven Rock, he was looked down on as a brute, seen as stupid and unreliable by the Ashland Dunmer, who as a result refused to give him work. He had many fights with the people there, until most were scared of him. After just five weeks living in Raven Rock, he left, using gold he had managed to loot from criminals in the Ashlands to hire a boat to Skyrim.

He arrived in Windhelm, the seat of the Stormcloak rebellion, during an uneasy peace. He tried to settle in but struggled with the idea of civilization, and large urban ares. He tried to join the Stormcloaks, hoping to seek retribution by earning fame through battle. However, Ulfric looked down on him from his throne and laughed, judging him as a false Nord, not a true son of Skyrim, and continued to laugh whilst his lieutenants set about beating him at the base of the throne. Gjorn managed to fight of the first and the next two, but eventually the six Nord men managed to overpower him and kick him out, leaving him broken and bloody, with a busted nose and many broken ribs, to die on the streets. A kind healer, a dark elf woman living in the 'grey quarter', took pity on him and saw to his wounds, until he was well enough to travel.

He left south for Riften, a place that had a reputation to be feared. Gjorn was determined to make his way there and start fresh. He quickly attempted to establish himself as a mercenary, but his unorthodox methods once again prompted rumors of Daedra worship, and very few people trusted him with their contracts out of fear that they were accomplishing a task by hiring demonic power, an indirect deal with the Daedra. It became so, that Gjorn was approached with only the most dangerous tasks, the ones that sane mercenaries had turned down, tasks like slaying giants and other incredibly dangerous creatures. He was paid poorly for his work, and made only enough to survive.

After working as a mercenary for quite some time, Gjorn eventually grew tired of the tedious work. He began to look for a more constructive use of his time, and one more likely to make him rich. When he heard of the arena in the Imperial City during a conversation with with the bartender in Riften, Gjorn made up his mind immediately. The Arena was a chance to earn money and glory, the only things he wanted, through combat, the only thing he is good at. He saved what he could to buy enough food for the journey, and then set off to the city.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Alright. When does this go on the timeline? If I were to put up Dabiene I have to know when or where this takes place, or a different Universe entirely. Then I have to figure out which other one I'll throw in. Probably Fenrir.

Before the vampire Crisis. As for the Legion and stormcloak war, it's slowly breaking out while the tensions between the Thalmor and Legion are growing

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    So what are we going to do about Nadir? She hadn't been on in a week and I can't advance without her.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    So what are we going to do about Nadir? She hadn't been on in a week and I can't advance without her.

plops, you're right. Either we wait a couple more days, or I can get Ardin up there somehow and we can progress. COME ON NADEEEEEEERRRRR :p

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The whole reason I joined this RP was to continue our Arena Games story arc. Now I need to find a new reason to stay.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    No, it just means I need to change my plans for who's involved. I can still do a lot with Simus.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    It's cool Simus, if Gjorn joins the party maybe you're clever enough to think up a story out of that

Dabiene Caristiana

Hm. Looking over the roleplay that Simus mentioned that ties with this roleplay (Arena was it?) I think Dabiene would be at the College and not anywhere near Highrock (home region) or Cyrodiil. Especially in previous roleplays where Alice references her past linking to Nadir's character in Reforging an Empire and that's when she does finally meet Dabiene. Meaning it's the same Universe. Or it could be a 'Dragonbreak' kinda thing where Reforging an Empire didn't happen and Dabiene wasn't at the College. Now that I think on it, she might have gone to the Mage's Guild before finding out it's full of crappy politics (which reminds her of home) and then goes to Skyrim. Haven't fleshed out the whole back story. Got most of it down though.

As for my second I couldn't put in Soldin because it's before the vampire crisis and before things are 'heating up' so he'd probably be with his parents still or in the Companions.

I'm leaning toward Fenrir or Jason. I might do the Cacciatore twins though if I can't fit Dabiene in there... Those two would be interesting..

Sorry for technicalities Simus, I know you want Dabiene in there but it almost wouldn't make sense. Unless I did put her with the Mage's Guild. If I had an exact year I would know. Must be slightly annoying for the rest of you; "Is she gonna post or even join the rp or not?! All this stuff about timelines and argh just post!"

If it helps, I've always been an analyzing person.. drives my dad absolutely nuts.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I understand Dabs. I'm the same way when fitting characters in. Especially my little Alice. She's in several RP's across three different universes I love her so much! (Skyrim, modern day superheroes and Mass Effect.) and yes, I do want you to just post and stop teasing me with OOC posts every day. But that "teasing" is for all the right reasons and is good planning. I'm just frustrated. Even if Nadir-Natesse does post she's become unreliable, which is a problem for me. Unreliable for all the right reasons and I really hope she's okay but I really can't execute the story arc I want without her and I'm not sure what else to do with Alice. I could make an independent story arc with Simus but that would just be writing a fanfic in the middle of an RP. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. It adds nothing to the story because no one but the writer is involved. That's what Hunter or Hunted entirely consists of. Random, disconnected fanfics under a semi related theme. I'm in the thing and it's boring. I don't want this RP to be the same way.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    It's cool if she doesn't reply I'll just have Gjorn off her in a ridiculously brutal way and then Alice and Gjorn can hate each other for a bit etc then see where stuffs goes. Regardless, Gjorn will be killing things. Player or npc, he will be killing things.

Dabiene Caristiana

Well, I do have some good news regarding absences. I'm 50% done with my GED testing (ran into some identity complications for a while, long story) and I past both and getting the Reading and writing (Literary Arts) a "passing with honors".

I still have Science to go as well as Math. Social Studies as I've said I got 'passing'. Anyway, having that done next week (still exhausted from the 130 mile round trip and testing.) and then I'll be all yours for rp 90% guaranteed! I say 90% because let's be honest, gotta save room for emergencies.

Hope that puts you at ease Simus. I see Nadir being gone is frustrating (understandable) and slightly worrying that this rp might not take flight after all. So again, hope this news brings you at ease. :) So glad this GED crap is almost over!!!

(And if I come across as sounding like I'm tooting my horn, sorry, I hate doing that >_<)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Ah but you have every right to sweetheart! I'm so proud of you! *hugs*

Dabiene Caristiana

What I can't believe is that I lasted in Spokane's traffic o_O it's almost as bad as Seattle's!

Then again... Learner's Permit or not... I have to learn to drive in that crap at some point in my life.. I did pretty good though, testing and all. I even had the privilege of giving dad a near heart attack :p (there was a three foot ditch getting into the parking lot of the testing center... and I kinda gunned it. Couldn't stop laughing)

Now... I'll leave what kind of characters you guys want me to bring in (I have almost every kind of character you can imagine in my arsenal. Except evil ones. They always leave a bad taste in my mouth. I just can't play around with them). Tomorrow, August 15th, is my Birthday so I might not be on as much. Might go into town, get an icecream cone, maybe watch Lord of the Rings trilogy, maybe watch Mrs. Doubtfire in memory of Robin Williams, try not to cry while watching Mrs. Doubtfire...

Anyway, up to you Wolfbane and Simus. I know both of you would know exactly what kind of characters you'll need, especially in absence of Nadir. (Hope that she's ok..)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Me too Dabs. And happy birthday! Go! Socialize! Talk to those fine people! Than kill 'me all when they ain't lookin'!

Dabiene Caristiana

pfffffttt... Fine people? What fine people? I don't see any, all I see are a bunch of-- Yeah, I'll shut up now :p

In all seriousness though, I'll probably hang out with a few people. Then head back home. Anyway, choose wisely on what characters you need in here. Most likely will have them in my arsenal.