PC Blindsighted, Brynjolf + Karliah never leave Bronze Water Cave.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheScribbler

I completed the quest Blindsighted a while ago without any glitches and after recieving the bow from Karliah and the next quest I just ran out without doing all of the speech options with her.
Now, a long time after, I found that Karliah and Brynjolf never left Bronze Water Cave and nothing I do will make them leave.
Brynjolf only says "Not now lass, I'm busy" or something like that and Karliah just says "Yes Fellow Nightingale?" and displays the many speech options. Some of which I think only should be available at the end of the next quest.
I've done all of the speech options with Karliah, done the console command "moveto player" on both of them but they still just stand there :sadface:
Does anyone know any fix for this? I really don't want to go back on so many saves, I've done a lot since the Blindsighted quest.

I completed the quest Blindsighted a while ago without any glitches and after recieving the bow from Karliah and the next quest I just ran out without doing all of the speech options with her.
Now, a long time after, I found that Karliah and Brynjolf never left Bronze Water Cave and nothing I do will make them leave.
Brynjolf only says "Not now lass, I'm busy" or something like that and Karliah just says "Yes Fellow Nightingale?" and displays the many speech options. Some of which I think only should be available at the end of the next quest.
I've done all of the speech options with Karliah, done the console command "moveto player" on both of them but they still just stand there :sadface:
Does anyone know any fix for this? I really don't want to go back on so many saves, I've done a lot since the Blindsighted quest.
So the quest you have been given now is the Darkness Returns quest right? or has that not activated yet, sorry just need to clarify here first and ill see if i can help :)

Yep I have been given that quest, not done any of it yet though.
Ah ok well that next quest doesn't require the help of Karliah and Brynjolf to actually do. Its a solo quest as they all make excuses for not doing it. Do you have a quest marker pointing somewhere else? (just trying to get obvious mistakes out of the way first, sounds silly i know)

TheScribbler

Ah ok well that next quest doesn't require the help of Karliah and Brynjolf to actually do. Its a solo quest as they all make excuses for not doing it. Do you have a quest marker pointing somewhere else? (just trying to get obvious mistakes out of the way first, sounds silly i know)
Well I have the "Enter the Twilight Sepulcher" marker at the Twilight Sepulcher, but nothing else. Is that what you mean?
Are you sure the quest doesn't require Karliah to do? I thought there was a stage where she is required to have a conversation with Nocturnal?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Did you try waiting a few days to see if they are gone from Bronze Water Cave?

You start off Darkness Returns on your own but Karliah is required at the end Darkness Returns. One of the bugs is that Karliah never shows up when she is supposed to. In general there are a lot of bugs for Darkness Returns and one of them is game breaking so whatever you decide to do, make sure you save your game before starting the quest.

You also need Brynjolf later if you want to become the guild master of the Thieves Guild.

Well I have the "Enter the Twilight Sepulcher" marker at the Twilight Sepulcher, but nothing else. Is that what you mean?
Are you sure the quest doesn't require Karliah to do? I thought there was a stage where she is required to have a conversation with Nocturnal?
you can try and complete the quest, and hopefully she will randomly appear. if not then i dont know what to do sorry!

TheScribbler

Did you try waiting a few days to see if they are gone from Bronze Water Cave?
Yeah I did, more like a few weeks though actually.
you can try and complete the quest, and hopefully she will randomly appear. if not then i dont know what to do sorry!
I just did the quest (without any glitches at all!) and Karliah showed up fine :) when I went back to the Thieves Guild Brynjolf was there too and said the appropriate "well done" etc. :)
Thanks for your help! Saved me from fretting even more because I didn't want to do the Darkness Returns quest lol.

Yeah I did, more like a few weeks though actually.

I just did the quest (without any glitches at all!) and Karliah showed up fine :) when I went back to the Thieves Guild Brynjolf was there too and said the appropriate "well done" etc. :)
Thanks for your help! Saved me from fretting even more because I didn't want to do the Darkness Returns quest lol.
just got back from holiday, glad to hear my suggestion worked :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts