• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Titanburner

Premium Member
Just wondering if anyone has attempted to pick pocket the Blade of Woe off of Astrid at the beginning of the Dark Brotherhood questline? My thoughts on doing this are to eventually get a second Blade of Woe at the end of the questline as it seems as though the one laying by her burnt body at the end is just placed there...

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
Just wanted to say that could you please indicate the spoiler please? I've already completed that string of quests but you could ruin it for someone else...

More on topic, no, I haven't, but I'll be interested to find out, so give me a headsup if you do!

Titanburner

Premium Member
Just wanted to say that could you please indicate the spoiler please? I've already completed that string of quests but you could ruin it for someone else...

More on topic, no, I haven't, but I'll be interested to find out, so give me a headsup if you do!
My title has the spoiler tag on it...

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
Yeah, my bad :') I clicked the thingy up top and saw the "Spoiler" tag and I just sat there like "I am so retarded..."

Titanburner

Premium Member
Yeah, my bad :') I clicked the thingy up top and saw the "Spoiler" tag and I just sat there like "I am so retarded..."
NP :). I will let you know how it works out, making a new sneaky character tonight. Not sure which race to go with though...if only I could cut off the Khajiit's tail. Drives me nuts...

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
It is quite annoying. I'd say go with one of the elvish races perhaps. They seem like the type of people to go into that type of business. Constant bullying and harassment by most of Skyrim could cause them to flip out into that type of scene. They look a bit weird though but if you put the time in you can get a decent looking elf running around. Mind you once you get the cowl, its not as if you van see their face anyway.

Titanburner

Premium Member
It is quite annoying. I'd say go with one of the elvish races perhaps. They seem like the type of people to go into that type of business. Constant bullying and harassment by most of Skyrim could cause them to flip out into that type of scene. They look a bit weird though but if you put the time in you can get a decent looking elf running around. Mind you once you get the cowl, its not as if you van see their face anyway.

That's true. Maybe a wood elf. I'm going to be doing some archery anyway and haven't played one yet. Thanks for the idea.

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
Archery is quite hard to start off but stick with it. Go for the sneak, try and initiate from far away and keep a melee weapon or a follower with you in case thing's get too close. First few levels I spent hunting in the woods, making stuff out of the pelts and then selling the pelts to be trained in archery, it worked quite well :) If you want any more details just PM me

Titanburner

Premium Member
Archery is quite hard to start off but stick with it. Go for the sneak, try and initiate from far away and keep a melee weapon or a follower with you in case thing's get too close. First few levels I spent hunting in the woods, making stuff out of the pelts and then selling the pelts to be trained in archery, it worked quite well :) If you want any more details just PM me
Great idea. Hadn't actually thought of hunting to raise it.

I would love to dual wield the blade of woe its pretty awesome I used it to kill the emperor BIG FAN

Titanburner

Premium Member
I would love to dual wield the blade of woe its pretty awesome I used it to kill the emperor BIG FAN
Yea im definitely going to try to get two of em. I will make sure to post back here on my luck for all those who are interested.

Easy way to start with an archer is the fenriel glitch he's a follower That can train u in archery but the glitch is that u can take that money back and do it again and he located in riverrun so u can get him early in the game ;) also he can sneak just as good as u can and he's decent at melee too

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
Meh, I didn't like to exploit those type of things in games. Yeah the blade of woe is good but keeping it topped up is a bit of a b***h, two of that and I'd just get irritated.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Yea my problem with those exploits is even though the level scaling is NOWHERE NEAR what it was in Oblivion, it is still present. And if your level 15 with 100 archery and 20 light armor, you will get absolutely destroyed by the things that do scale. (had that problem on my last character)

Alea

Sweet Mother's Child
It's useful though if you get it right. I'm finding the monsters a tad on the easy side at the moment so I'm power leveling my smithing to make things harder. Its all about the balance my friend, all about the balance

Titanburner

Premium Member
why dont you like the khajiit tail?
It just doesnt look good to me wearing all this crazy awesome looking gear with a big ass furry tail flailing about... lol OH and I did some research and you CAN pickpocket the blade of woe from Astrid at anytime (as long as you have the equipped perk) and get a second one when youre about to kill her. AWESOME SAUCE! lol

Kasha

which perk is that?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts