Bit of introduction, and a quick question.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nord or Imperial for the Rugged Retiree?

• Total voters

Lockeandkey

Hello folks,

I'm Lockeandkey, and I've been an avid TES player since Morrowind first came out. (That sort of sounds like the introduction at an AA meeting, heh.) Actually, it's probably the first PC game I played, and I spent an absolutely absurd amount of time on it. And once I discovered mods, I decided I would never have a computer without it. I even dabbled in roleplaying online, though sparingly.

Now, of course, I'm playing Skyrim, and adoring it. Again, mods have only rekindled my addiction. So much so, that I doubt I could go back to playing vanilla. I've taken up the often frustrating task of Dead-is-Dead play, and usually work to make the game more ... well, realistic would be a silly word, so I'll go with 'immersive.' Nothing grabs your complete and undivided attention like two "Mighty" fire dragons attacking an ice dragon while you hide in the brush on a riverbank, knowing you could die at any moment.

I frequently look up little game quirks and tidbits of lore on this site, and I've really enjoyed reading a few of the fanfics and RPs. So much, actually, that I decided to join the community in a less lurky fashion.

Now, for a quick question, which most of you will find noobish or frivolous, haha. I've recently been fascinated with a character idea, but I can't for the life of me decide between making him a Nord or an Imperial. It seems like a trivial thing, I'm sure, but I'd like to try and write out his story, and I think his heritage will wind up playing a fairly strong role in the end. I'm looking to make a retired soldier turned farmer/craftsman. I'd like to wind up with him as a weathered, but sturdy, aging man forced to get himself back into fighting shape, and eventually lead the Blades (and maybe the Empire/Stormcloaks) to victory. I suppose the questions are: Which race fits the role of the retired Legionnaire better? For roleplay purposes, do you think that the Voice of the Emperor or Battlecry would better suit a simple, aging soldier? Do you think one of those two factors overshadows the other? And, most importantly, which one seems like he would lead a better story? I honestly can't decide, and flipping a coin simply doesn't cut it.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Johosefat

Gameplay-wise, the Nord would make more sense. Soldiers are usually melee warriors, which Nords excel at, and battlecry is more suitable to the character described. RP-wise, a retired Legionnaire should be an Imperial, from Cyrodiil, who helped the Empire gain a foothold in Skyrim, only to come out of Retirement to beat down the Stormcloak rebellion. As a roleplayer, I would go with an Imperial, and enchant weapons to instill fear, replacing battlecry.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts