Bisexuality, legit or not?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
There are so many sexualities in this world; it really doesn't stop with gay, lesbian or bisexual!

I do not think it is wrong to like someone of the same gender (or like both ;) ). People are born the way they are. There's nothing to be ashamed of. I live in the Netherlands and here being gay is perfectly fine and almost everyone accepted it. Of course it is different in some countries. In some parts of the USA people still have problems with it. But I am sure that it is just a matter of years before most people will accept it..

Papzt

Why not? You guys always say: "it's skyrim, you can be what you want to" so it should be possible in rl as well. At least from my pov. I don't fluffing care which sexual orientation someone has if the person isn't annoying me.

Sent from my GT-I9300

raven63

Sorry I'm a little late on this but...
I think why some people think you can't be bi is because it makes it seem like you are just trying to hop on the LGBT bandwagon (Not saying bi people are) also I think for some people its better for them to put things into black and white groups and don't line when things blend.
I know how bad it is being of black and white parents people look at me like I'm riding the coattails of both races.

SukieK

I am, and always have been, and always will be Bi. And not because of this or that, but because i was raised to love people, and as i grew older i noticed that i found both men and women equally attractive. I have dated men and women in my past, but married a man in the end. But i did not marry him because he is a man, i married him because he was the right PERSON for me. And hell, now we can look at the girls TOGETHER! lol

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I don't believe people "need" to put everything in "black" or "white" categories. I think it is an "us" vs. "them" psychology/mentality going on with these judgemental people. Some people, for whatever reason are so tribal (and I don't mean tribal in the good sense of the word). If you aren't one of them, you are the "outsider". And the outsider must be isolated, out side, away, wrong, evil, bad ... the list goes on and on.

I would almost swear there was a bigger psychology thing going on here. And then I think about it, and I realize. They arent any different than the people (hets) that once and still denigrate them. The only difference is that they sleep with same sex partners. (so Zahn, are you telling us they are only being human?)

And what can label a group or person as an "outsider" can range anywhere from the color of the skin, to the clothes they wear and beyond. Here's the thing though.. you cant fit people into black and white categories like a square peg in a square hole. We are not built that way and far too many people believe that we are.

The catholics did it to the jews and the baptists (and everyone else too), the anglos did it to everyone who wasnt anglo, the american indian did it tribe against tribe. It is a human condition sadly. There will always be the "us vs them" kind. I do belive we are coming up on a wide sociological change though. I hope it takes a positive turn and we humans dont screw it up as usual again.

That said, there are too many people in this world with thier collective noses way too far up other people's asses. If you know what I mean.

A lesbian said this to me once:

"I detest the whole damned idea of bisexuality. I cant understand them or empathize with it and it is confusing to me. These people are untrustworthy. You can't date or be friends because there are no boundaries of sexuality to them."

I was stunned to say the least. I think I remember hearing something very similar to that coming from heteros and directed at the gay/lesbian people not so very long ago. These people are only repeating what was once done to them. The most horrible thing about people like this, is that they actually JUSTIFY it in their own heads!

feliciano182

"I detest the whole damned idea of bisexuality. I cant understand them or empathize with it and it is confusing to me. These people are untrustworthy. You can't date or be friends because there are no boundaries of sexuality to them."

This is bullplops right ?

You're a writer and one of your characters said this right ?

Please don't let it be true.

kyleekay

A lesbian said this to me once:

Sounds like this has less to do with bisexuality, and more to do with her own insecurities. She probably isn't confident enough to handle the fact that her S/O would be attracted to not just her, but other men. I hope for her sake she becomes more self-assured in the future so that she can shed that ignorance.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
This is bullpl*** right ?

You're a writer and one of your characters said this right ?

Please don't let it be true.

Oh no. It's true and I am not a writer. It was in her last letter to me. I was stunned

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
Sounds like this has less to do with bisexuality, and more to do with her own insecurities. She probably isn't confident enough to handle the fact that her S/O would be attracted to not just her, but other men. I hope for her sake she becomes more self-assured in the future so that she can shed that ignorance.

But that is, psychologically speaking, exactly what all prejudices are no matter what the prejudice happens to be. People's own insecurities about one thing or another.

What really got to me was the same thing that gets to me when people associate pedophila with homosexuality. This is the same type of thing that heterosexuals said about gay people. Almost word for word; and you dont understand something so the first thing you do is assume something rather than find out? Not logical in any sense of the word.

She does need to be more self confident, but all judgemental people do. The only reason to be judgemental about someone or a group of someones (IMO) is in how they treat thier fellow human being. Not who they worship, sleep with etc and so on. To me, its all the same.

kyleekay

I do agree with you for the most part, Zahn. However I don't believe all prejudice is based on a lack of confidence. Most? Probably. But definitely not all. You have to consider that some people are prejudiced simply because that's what they were taught to believe from a young age; they may not always fully understand why they are, but they are. Such is life, I guess.

Zahn

Matron of Twilight
I do agree with you for the most part, Zahn. However I don't believe all prejudice is based on a lack of confidence. Most? Probably. But definitely not all. You have to consider that some people are prejudiced simply because that's what they were taught to believe from a young age; they may not always fully understand why they are, but they are. Such is life, I guess.

That is what I meant about people being so tribal but not in the good sense of the idea of "tribe". Passing negative beliefs/prejudices/opinions to the offspring, who then as adults, have no idea why other people think they are prejudicial. I had to get over my own prejudices instilled in me from a young age but It was stiill a prejudice, despite where it originiates. That type is the most insidious in my view. Because those are the kind that can cause the most damage to both sides.

And where does the "tribe" come up with it's ideas of good and bad? I have a strange way of looking at things though. And you ARE right kyleekay, some prejudices come from other sources, too numerous to mention. I just have a habit of looking at observable behaviors and breaking them down to the basic broad groups they stem from. It helps me to analyze it better and begin to see where the "grey" areas are. I do this as a practice (not just a college class) so that I might see where I need to be less judgmental myself.

Wow... sorry for the topic derail.... mea culpa everyone.

And likely you are correct, that this woman who wrote that to me might simply need to develop a sense of confidence.

I do hope that there is less of this going on these days (the whole bi is not legit thing i mean). I do see more people becoming more accepting of others in general, not counting the ones that do it for political cred. I hope that that is the way sociologically we are headed as humans. But there will always be people like that. I seriously believe it is a part of the human condition sadly. I hope I am wrong.

FullmetalHeart20

Well to be extra fair, it may also come from personal experience. Someone meets one or two homosexuals who are genuinely in denial, and they assume that's the case with bisexuals. It's sad, really.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts