Better to enchant armor or upgrade to legendary?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
Is it better to enchant armor with resistance or things of that nature, or to just fully upgrade the armor to legendary. From my knowledge, you can either only enchant something or upgrade it to whatever level smithing you have. Thanks for the feedback :D

Doomy

There is a smith perk that allows you to upgrade enchanted items

Panthera

Don Gato
Like the guy above me said... the mentioned perk is called "Arcane Blacksmith"! :)

andrea

I did both, daedra full armor (legendary) with double enchants. there's a smithing perk that allows you to upgraded enchanted items, or you can smithe it first to legendary and then enchant it.

Pete

I don't rush to upgrade. Often some armor just looks perfect for the type of character your playing.
Ex: Wolf armor when member of the circle / champions. I also find the foresworn armor interesting.

brandon

i did like the look of the wolf armor but im just now getting my mage into wearing armor. and the first set of armor i found last night after learning how to wear it is a set of ancient nord armor. its weak but i put it on lydia to see what it would look like on a female. and low and behold its the armor aela wears in the companion guild. but its sexier on lydia so i might let her keep it. im gonna wear the blades set once i get to it. but back to the question at hand. it depends on what you want to do. do you want a set of really strong armor to were nobody can really hurt you? or do you wanna a set of armor that enhances your abilities? why not both? get the arcane smithing perk and you can still do both.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts