• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BlackRat

I believe I speak for Thieves and assassins everywhere when i say this...

We would like... nay... we NEED a "climb walls" skill. NEED it.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
OOOOOHHHH, yes!!! or a grapling hook on a rope :)

brandon

well i do miss being able to jump to a second floor balcony like in oblivion but are we ninjas now too?

kichigai_m

Speak for yourself. :p I don't need to climb walls. I'm fine sneaking in catacombs and stalking around pub corners. lol

brandon

Speak for yourself. :p I don't need to climb walls. I'm fine sneaking in catacombs and stalking around pub corners. lol
im suprised that theres not a levetation spell like oblivion and morrowind. wait reverse rewind nords hate all magic so i can see why now.

kichigai_m

Oblivion has something called the Levitation Act which bans that. So any levitation in Oblivion is a modification. Somewhat in Morrowind too. ( I still remember the falling dead man I came across with a journal on levitation experiments)

Plus Skyrim is so darn vast and you can pretty much climb anything... I don't think it's really necessarily needed. :p You can always no-clip around.

brandon

Oblivion has something called the Levitation Act which bans that. So any levitation in Oblivion is a modification. Somewhat in Morrowind too. ( I still remember the falling dead man I came across with a journal on levitation experiments)

Plus Skyrim is so darn vast and you can pretty much climb anything... I don't think it's really necessarily needed. :p You can always no-clip around.
i found a potion in morrowind and oblivion for 300% levetation you just had to watch how high you were but you could use it to get away from guards i didnt know about the levitation act. i guess 1 to many people fell to their deaths like me a few times.

BlackRat

Every great, legendary Sword & Sorcery, Dungeons & Dragons, Wizards and Warriors mythos has second story men, and wall-scaling thieves. It goes with the territory.

Conan (greatest fantasy thief of all time, I might add)? Absolutely... Robert E Howard always had Conan scaling sheer walls to relieve the rich of their wealth.
The Grey Mouse? yes.
Garrett? yup.

Cat-burglary is a necessty when it comes to thieves. C'mon, aren't any of you old enough to remember the good old days of actual "Thieves" in Dungeons and Dragons? Before the creation of the *gag* "Rogue" class? Climbing Walls was a fantastic skill. Sneaking off into the night to scale castle walls, while the guards watch the gates was practically a rite of passage in any decent game.

I find it ridiculous that my super-agile, night-stalking, shadow-walking thief walks up to a fort made of big, rough-hewn blocks of stone... and has to sneak in the front gate.

Morrowind: I LOVED the spell I found off the wizard that fell from the sky!!!! First time I used it rocked... leaping through the sky, watching the countryside zoom by below me... and then i realized why he died. :D

kichigai_m

Fun but overrated~ Bilbo Baggins was a (unwillingly) burglar and he didn't need to scale walls. :D *Nerding*

Hahaha, but I think Skyrim is trying to keep it realistic by avoiding the whole ninja-ing about.

brandon

ive seen this in real life to its actually a sport called.p and brian fart. but it really is a sport now. one of the most extreme sports. even more extreme then base jumping from a building

brandon

ive seen this in real life to its actually a sport called.p and brian fart. but it really is a sport now. one of the most extreme sports. even more extreme then base jumping from a building
parkour not sure about the spelling though

BlackRat

Fun but overrated~ Bilbo Baggins was a (unwillingly) burglar and he didn't need to scale walls. :D *Nerding*

Hahaha, but I think Skyrim is trying to keep it realistic by avoiding the whole ninja-ing about.

HAH!! Sneaking past a guard, two feet in front of him during the daylight? Realism?

Seriously though... I'm a huge "thief" fanatic. It's honestly my favourite sub-genre of fantasy. Stealth gaming is my joie de vivre. If Bethesda created a "Skyrim-esque" world dedicated to the Thief genre only? I'd never leave my house.

brandon

HAH!! Sneaking past a guard, two feet in front of him during the daylight? Realism?

Seriously though... I'm a huge "thief" fanatic. It's honestly my favourite sub-genre of fantasy. Stealth gaming is my joie de vivre. If Bethesda created a "Skyrim-esque" world dedicated to the Thief genre only? I'd never leave my house.
there was a game like that for the 360 called theif. it was pretty fun you had water tipped arrows to start out with till you got really good. but its old now. i think it was out before oblivion. and the story was iffy i didnt finish it bc of cod and gears of war.

brandon

ah cool i lost it somwhere idk

kichigai_m

No, no, I mean realism as in keeping to its nordic theme. I love the thief roles in games but IMO, not all the fancy skills you see like in Assassins Creed or other games is really nessesary for a thief/burglar/dark blade/ect. Makes it seem too OP.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts