PC Best way to make gold without cheats?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sentinala

Premium Member
I got about 8k now and I'm lvl 9. Want to buy the house in windhelm. Usually
I just do random quests that I feel like and sell loot from dead bodies and collect rewards...

Is there a better way without cheats or crafting (I refuse to craft or enchant!) ?

Any good radiant quests that are quick with good pay?

Or can I keep waiting 24hours and getting 100g from the wife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sentinala

Premium Member
Kinda funny though cuz I always liked breeze home the best, it's cheap but white run is like the only city I would actually want to live in...also fully upgraded and decorated it looks cool

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I would recommend just to delve in dungeons. I've actually forgotten how I made all my money. It's like, one second I have about 10k and live in Breezehome thinking 2k is a lot, next I own a house in every hold.

Some better advice: Mine and smith. Mine and smith. Mine and smith. Don't buy ingots or you won't make a profit. Mine and smith.

Halted Stream has a lot of iron ore and the Transmute spell that let's you turn it into gold. Kolskogger. Mine has a lot of gold. Meridia's quest usually gives 2000+ gold.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I made my money crafting and selling jewelry. Also, once you're level 50+ you'll get paid a fortune for small crap. I go 7500 gold for delivering ashes to a undertaker. Which wasn't much considering I had 125k gold already :p

I think it would be cool if Skyrim had an option where you could invest in/buy shops like you can in games like Assassin's Creed and Saints Row 3. Skyrim's investment system isn't even investing. You don't get any kind of income from it, really.

Also, I suppose you could keep the petty gold coming in by getting someone to like you and then slaughtering them :p

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Simple. Don't be a hoarder, if you are not using it in the very near future sell it. Also dont ever take less gold than you deserve for an item. High speech and better price enchantments also help.

JoeReese

It's hard for me to give advice here, because I know you don't want to craft but I think that's the best moneymaker available. Once you own houses and a decent set of armor and weapons, you don't spend the money you make as quickly. It seems to pile up then, but to get you started you need a bigger flow of gold. I made that by looting and selling everything I could get my hands on, and by smithing. I made an effort to upsmith everything I could before selling it. (Within reason...daggers and such don't usually increase the price enough to make it worth buying ore or ingots.) I hit Dwemer dungeons, carried out everything I could, even made multiple trips to the front door to create loot piles, and then made Dwarven bows...a LOT of Dwarven bows. I would save an ingot per bow and then upsmith them all. Sometimes I would clear 15K from one trip to a dungeon, just because of upsmithed bows.

If you don't want to craft, buy a horse. Take every single thing you can in a dungeon, backtracking to the front door. Go outside, dump everything, go back in and finish the dungeon. Toward the end, use a carry potion to get you through and then fast travel right back out front. When you fast travel, your horse will appear there with you. Pick up all your loot caches and mount your horse. You can fast travel over loaded with a horse.

Go back home, upsmith what is worth doing, and sell all you can.

If you can, find and kill the Dragon Priest Volsung. His mask gives you 20% better prices, and can be worn in conjunction with any necklaces or amulets which may do the same.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
It's hard for me to give advice here, because I know you don't want to craft but I think that's the best moneymaker available. Once you own houses and a decent set of armor and weapons, you don't spend the money you make as quickly. It seems to pile up then, but to get you started you need a bigger flow of gold. I made that by looting and selling everything I could get my hands on, and by smithing. I made an effort to upsmith everything I could before selling it. (Within reason...daggers and such don't usually increase the price enough to make it worth buying ore or ingots.) I hit Dwemer dungeons, carried out everything I could, even made multiple trips to the front door to create loot piles, and then made Dwarven bows...a LOT of Dwarven bows.

This. When you start out in the game you go on a sort of spending spree. You've got pretty much nothing, so you have to buy a lot of stuff. After a while you've got what you need and you spend less. Me, I mostly just buy arrows and lockpicks, that's about it. Aside from the occasional random trinket I see that I want to put in my house, like a troll skull.

aussiegirlz

None of my characters have been much of crafters, smithers or enchanters - the money is tight around the start but dungeon crawl and pick up everything you can and turn around and sell it. If you have a helper let them pack mule all the extra clothes and trinkets and doo-dads until you hit the merchants. In no time you'll have a Breezehome stuffed full of stuff to sell because the merchants fences and caravans don't carry enough gold - then you start being selective about what you pick up.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I should also probably mention the weight:value ratio rule in case you don't know of it. Take the value and divide it by the weight. If that number is 10 or above, I'd take it. This can also be used to eliminate carried items when you're overencumbered.

JoeReese

I should also probably mention the weight:value ratio rule in case you don't know of it. Take the value and divide it by the weight. If that number is 10 or above, I'd take it. This can also be used to eliminate carried items when you're overencumbered.

Excellent point.

JoeReese

Kinda funny though cuz I always liked breeze home the best, it's cheap but white run is like the only city I would actually want to live in...also fully upgraded and decorated it looks cool

I like Breezehome, but I wish I could customize it. I'd take that little table out of the alchemy lab and put in an enchanter, and then I'd get all those straw discs off the wall and replace them with shield/weapon racks.

Then I'd send Ysolda somewhere else, so I could actually enchant or make potions without her talking to me all day.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I like Breezehome, but I wish I could customize it. I'd take that little table out of the alchemy lab and put in an enchanter, and then I'd get all those straw discs off the wall and replace them with shield/weapon racks.

Then I'd send Ysolda somewhere else, so I could actually enchant or make potions without her talking to me all day.

Mods, bro. There are several that change Breezehome around, plus you can use disable and player.placeatme to do whatever you want with it. Only on PC, of course.

JoeReese

Oh, when you level up a bit, find the shrine to Merhunes Dagon, down near Dawnstar. If you do the Merhune's Razor quest, Silus will take you there. If not, I don't know if you will be able to get into it or not, but once you can, keep going back when it respawns. You'll have to fight two dremora outside and another two, one of which is a wizard, inside. It's well worth it though. There are usually three trunks, as well as two open troughs of random leveled armor and gold or ebony ingots. There is a staff, a couple of leveled weapons, random loot and usually some alchemy ingredients, all in a small, quick, one-room dungeon.

It's the 7-11 of Skyrim.

JoeReese

Mods, bro. There are several that change Breezehome around, plus you can use disable and player.placeatme to do whatever you want with it. Only on PC, of course.

Yeah, I'm saving for a decent PC. This laptop will never support Skyrim, but until then we're stuck with the PS3. I had been hoping Hearthfire would allow this, so I could finally have my armory/museum, but from what I'm reading it isn't that customizable. Is that even a word?

Twiffle

Collect as many Blue butterfly wings, wheat and blue maountain flowers as you can mix all 3 into one potion sells for about 175 gold upto over 2000 gold......... rinse and repeat

Sentinala

Premium Member
Thanks lotta cool tips

...I been running solo for rp purposes but time to make my follower a mule

JoeReese

North of Riften, off the right side of the road, there is a Dwemer Store Room. It's full of dwarven metal and goodies, an unguarded cash cow. If you don't wish to smith, but are still willing to smelt, smelt the dwemer metals down into dwarven metal ingots. They sell nicely.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts