• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raybow

Kahjiit kills racist
I'm now level 36 and only got Flame Atronach, The thee Call-of-valor Dude and The spectral Assassin... When i first bought Flame Atronach i thought it was pretty Badass, But now i decided that it sucks, cuz it's firebolts are not killin bandits. With call-of-valor, theres Tsun who KEEPS missing with the unrelenting force. The spectral assassin, well, he's pretty cool, lasts forever and makes an extra follower. But theres also the : summon Dremora(who was useless with the end boss battle. He was just running from an end to unother), Storm Atronach, Frost atronach.

zane

I'm a big fan on the forst atro, he's sturdy, cool (put tang crash), and makes a good aggro target for enemies while i heal or prepare for a critical attack.

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
I usually summon either Storm Thralls and Dremora Lords. Storm Thralls have both range and melee attacks, which is pretty handy when fighting dragons. Dremora Lords can curbstomp almost anything, especially if you can summon two.:D

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Dremora Lord is one of the best IMO. Followed by Storm Atronach/Thrall, Frost Atronach/Thrall, Fire Thrall, and Flaming Familiar.

Flaming Familiar only lasts 6 seconds, but it acts like a suicide bomber when it dies or wears out, and thus needs a to be used a different way then other summons. With the Twin Souls and Apprentice Conjuration perks you can toss a new Flaming Familiar every 3 seconds and keep fighting or healing with your other hand with pretty little to worry about magicka wise.

There is also Arniel's Shade which is free to cast and can just be spammed.

The new Dawnguard Soul Cairn summons look like decent summons as well, but I haven't had a chance to try them since I'm on PS3. I personally use Dramora Lord for everything but dragons which I drop a Storm Atronach for.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I don't know if you count it as a "summon" or not, but since it's in Conjuration, I will go ahead and put out there, Dead Thrall. These have the potential to be much much more powerful than any other of the summons. However, you kind of have to go find a good one to kill and resurrect, then give it excellent enchanted gear and such. If you don't count it, I would probably agree with Dremora Lord being one of the best.

ShadowGambit

Dremora Lord for melee, Storm Atronach for Range.

I usually use Dremora because I take care of the range attack. The Dremora will hold a lot of aggro.

Flaming Familiar, easily. It's a walking fireball with teeth, has the longest distance without Summoner, and the base Magicka cost is 30. If you have Twin Souls, that and a Dremora Lord beats anything that isn't flying. If it is, all you have to add is Dragonrend.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts