Best house when being a vampire?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lin

Hello, i've been wondering about which house would be best before i become vampire but idk which one to choose cause there all in cities and i can't get to them so anyone have an anwser?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Riften probably. As I believe you can enter the house via a porch or balcony without actually going through the city. I could be wrong though as I've not owned any house in quiet a while.

Mushroom Surprise

Across the river from the first three standing stones you come across in the game is a house with an old mage. If you kill her you can pretty much use her house as your own. You can sleep in the bed (It no longer says "Owned" if you kill her) and one of the great things about it is that in the basement there is an Arcane Enchanter and Alchemy Lab, and you can also store stuff down there too (Not sure if it still has the "Steal" option if you put items in a wardrobe or something. I'm not entirely sure if there are any repercussions to killing her, so you might want to search around. but the house is in a pretty remote area and there's not much around it except for Riverwood.

Ysmir

The Dragon of The North
Depends, if you have Hearthfire, just build a house customized to suit your vampire.

@Ysmir,

Anyone who thinks they can create a home with hearthfire better than using the creation kit doesn't have a frickin clue about what they are talking about.

You could not even begin to script, decorate, or create something so custom even close to Castle Volkihar Redux with hearthfire. Go look at this mod, then try to re-create it with Hearthfire.

Let's see you make custom NPC followers, bards, guards, etc.
Lets see you make enchanting stations that give 25% bonus.
Lets see you make shrines that give a custom buff.
Lets see you make thralls that you can feed on.
Lets see you make custom armor.
Lets see you make custom crafting stations.
Lets see you make create a quest.
Lets see you make a teleportation pads & recall spells (any custom spell for that matter).
Lets see you make custom texture/meshed decorations (making something new for people to enjoy).
Lets see you tie existing characters into your new dwelling as they traverse the new navmesh and use the new areas.
Lets see you make a blood bath where NPC's get naked and get a buff.
Lets see you make secret doors and puzzles for them.
Lets see you make a live training area with mobs that spawn with a pull of a lever.
Lets see you make an NPC practice with it's weapons on a training dummy.
Lets see you create packages and behavior for the ambiance of the world.

I could go on, but hey you seem to be content spawning some basic stuff and comparing it to a custom mod.

Ranser

Depends, if you have Hearthfire, just build a house customized to suit your vampire.

i believe he was just saying put the things in it that you would like. i havent seen the castle but of course you cant completely customize your house with hearthfire.

Ysmir

The Dragon of The North
@Ysmir,

Anyone who thinks they can create a home with hearthfire better than using the creation kit doesn't have a frickin clue about what they are talking about.

You could not even begin to script, decorate, or create something so custom even close to Castle Volkihar Redux with hearthfire. Go look at this mod, then try to re-create it with Hearthfire.

Let's see you make custom NPC followers, bards, guards, etc.
Lets see you make enchanting stations that give 25% bonus.
Lets see you make shrines that give a custom buff.
Lets see you make thralls that you can feed on.
Lets see you make custom armor.
Lets see you make custom crafting stations.
Lets see you make create a quest.
Lets see you make a teleportation pads & recall spells (any custom spell for that matter).
Lets see you make custom texture/meshed decorations (making something new for people to enjoy).
Lets see you tie existing characters into your new dwelling as they traverse the new navmesh and use the new areas.
Lets see you make a blood bath where NPC's get naked and get a buff.
Lets see you make secret doors and puzzles for them.
Lets see you make a live training area with mobs that spawn with a pull of a lever.
Lets see you make an NPC practice with it's weapons on a training dummy.
Lets see you create packages and behavior for the ambiance of the world.

I could go on, but hey you seem to be content spawning some basic stuff and comparing it to a custom mod.

How about we calm down. I speaking on the basis that he is on the PS3/Xbox 360 or he is of the slight majority that don't enjoy using mods or playing a modless playthrough.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts