• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fvorite house

• Breezehome

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • honeyside

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Vlindrel hall

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Hjeirm

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Proudspire Manor

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Personally i love Vlindrel hall in Markarth Sadly argis died due to a dragur deathlord :sadface:

D0MIN0

HA! I was just about to post the same question :) I have only ever gotten Breezehome. And its' nice, but small. Looking forward to everyone's input.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Vlindrel Hall definitely is the least glitchy from what I've seen. Also, I really like the stone work of the house. The other thing I love about this house is the book space. agdslkhasflgafs;bijknxaf'oigjads I went slightly hysterical when I saw the book shelves and Have since been collecting and organizing the volumes in that space.
Also, it's really well organized, with the front room where it is connected to the alchemy and enchanting rooms. Then the eating area connected to the sleeping quarters. Very well done, and easy to navigate. Also, my butterfly in a jar actually stays where it is supposed to when I set it down.

BFP53

I like proudspire manor and honeyside and i also own breezehome and vinderlhall. I think proudspire is the biggest of them all and i live there now.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I just realized that all this time I've thought I owned all the houses in Skyrim, but Vlindrel hall yet eludes me! :eek: And I've been playing for well over 400 hours. The option to buy it has never been presented to me by the Jarl or any member of his court.

So far I'm probably liking Honeyside the most. It has a nice rustic charm, pretty good storage and crafting options, tons of different merchants right outside the door in the city, plus it is the only house to offer direct access to Skyrim via the back door. The garden is a nice touch, too, and the view over Lake Honrich from the back porch is inspiring especially around sunset.

vlindrel hall all the way, Even though most of my characters never purchase more than breezehome it's my favorite.

Guerito

On my Khajiit assassin, I have all houses, but the one I visit most is still Breezehome. It's so convenient to fast travel to Windrun, pop in to the Drunken Huntsman to sell loot/ buy arrows, then pop in to Ysolda to collect my share and sell loot too, then throw whats left into the cupboard, and head out again. I don't spend much time indoors.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Vlindrel Hall is quite majestic but Dwarven architecture freaks me out, too many bad experiences with those guys. Plus I don't like having a male huscarl pottering around and hate the lack of doors, add to that that the spooky abandoned house is just around the corner and Markath does not have a very good vibe about it. Whiterun is the only one that actually 'feels' like home but I haven't got the one in Solitude yet and I think that will be my retirement home.

cmp007

i went with the house in solitude. the only thing i wish it had that vindrell does is dagger cases laying around. i really like those. and a satchel on the alchemy table to put my ingredients. i hate theres no storage for that. those are my 2 pet peeves.

mellojoe

Why no love for Hjeirm? I thought it was supposed to be very well laid out?

((edit))
I only own Breezehome currently. I have never owned any other house.

I haven't bought it yet, but I really like the way that Honeyside looks. When I bought Hjeirm it was really glitchy so I can't say that. Breezehome is nice, but a little small for my taste. So Honeyside it is!

Kuurus

Why no love for Hjeirm? I thought it was supposed to be very well laid out?

((edit))
I only own Breezehome currently. I have never owned any other house.
It looks nice, but it's not very practical or user-friendly. Case in point - you have the "secret" room with an enchanting table and alchemy table, and not a single storage container in the entire room for ingredients, potions or soul gems. It just has useless shelves that you can't really place anything on and expect it to stay there without a couple hours of fiddling around with placement of items.

emti29

hjerim is the best for me, there are 3 mannequins on which you can put your excess armor on, and there are tons of display cases. and the place is huge. the biggest house among 5 btw.

xaraan

Honeyside, though I would say I tend to favor homes based on the character I'm playing. Honeyside is the perfect size to me, not too huge; just enough storage and has all the stuff I need in it... has an exterior entrance outside the city, pretty close to the smith, etc.

Vendril hall is pretty cool as well, similar in that not too big, not too small, has everything (TON of bookshelf space)

Both Hjerim and Proudspire are great in that huge sort of way, both a touch too big IMO and proudspire really ticks me off with the wasted space - that comes off poorly designed. The "secret room" is cool at Hjerim though.

Breezehome might be number two for me just because you get it first, it's the most central and I tend to play warrior guys so I like being near the companions HQ. HUGE screw up by Bethesda IMO that you can't add an enchanting table. I'm sure it was intentional, but it was a stupid decision. Only other issue is the house is a tad small, hard to run around through it once decorated compared to the other homes (and Lydia is always sitting in my bedroom which is weird)

Wheelie

So far I've bought Breezehome and Honeyside. Currently I'm living in Honeyside, but wish it had more storage, plus there's no smelter in Riften, so I'm using Breezehome as a sort of warehouse and doing all of my smelting there. I haven't decided on my next house, maybe Hjerim.

Vercintorix

yea
Vlindrel hall is my favorite also.

Halkin

pzzzztt
markarth itself is awesome, best of the cities by far. but the house i found lacking (and it took me about 20 mins to find it first time)

xaraan

So far I've bought Breezehome and Honeyside. Currently I'm living in Honeyside, but wish it had more storage, plus there's no smelter in Riften, so I'm using Breezehome as a sort of warehouse and doing all of my smelting there. I haven't decided on my next house, maybe Hjerim.

Not enough storage in Honeyside? wow, you must have a lot of stuff. My maxed out guy with every special item in the game uses that house and I thought it had tons of storage for the size. I use the chest for weapons/armor/special equipment; one nightstand for gems/jewelry, the other for misc stuff, the closet for robes/clothes/apparel, the endtable at the foot of the bed for soul gems. The three barrels in the stairwell I use 1 for ingrediants, one for potions I don't carry on me and the last for smithing materials. It has those large books shelves you can put like sixteen books a piece on - a couple in the bedroom and downstairs. Plus two mannequins, a shield plaque, four weapon plagues and a weapon rack plus shelves for just putting crap on. Not counting if you use the storage in the dining area or the followers room. You'll definitely find more storage in the much bigger houses, but I thought honeyside did pretty well for it's size myself. Does suck about the smelter but I hardly ever do any smelting on my characters other than once in a blue moon so I hadn't noticed that one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts