Best Enchantments and Weapon Suggestions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Stalhrim gear gives enchanting bonuses on anything frost related, including Chaos Damage.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Stalhrim gear gives enchanting bonuses on anything frost related, including Chaos Damage.
May I ask what Chaos Damage is? I have never run across anything even remotely like it and people keep quoting it.

LotusEater

May I ask what Chaos Damage is? I have never run across anything even remotely like it and people keep quoting it.
chaos is an enchanment made up of fire shock and frost and it has a chance to randomly inflict one of the 3 elements upon an enemy

Not accurate... All three have a 50% of hitting. So all three could hit in one blow... or none.

Even that was misleading, let me try again...

Each element is figured separate so there is a chance that 1, 2, 3 or none of the elements will connect with each swing. Even if only 2 hit on average, that's still a great deal, especially if you have another enchantment slot set with something 100% reliable.

Daelon DuLac

chaos is an enchanment made up of fire shock and frost and it has a chance to randomly inflict one of the 3 elements upon an enemy
Is it on one of the trees or at a particular location to pick it up?

Daelon DuLac

Not accurate... All three have a 50% of hitting. So all three could hit in one blow... or none.
Well that doesn't seem like it's very effective. Either you do it or it doesn't work. What happens if it doesn't work? You're screwed? If not, what's the point. You're obviously OP in the first place!

LotusEater

Is it on one of the trees or at a particular location to pick it up?

It's in Solstheim. Best way to attain it is from the disenchanting the Champion's Cudgel you can loot upon finishing Served Cold. The blacksmith in Raven Rock will occasionally carry a similar weapon.

LotusEater

Well that doesn't seem like it's very effective. Either you do it or it doesn't work. What happens if it doesn't work? You're screwed? If not, what's the point. You're obviously OP in the first place!

It's highly effective. You rarely hit for none. Even if only one or two elements hit, the damage is significant. If you hit for all three, plus factoring another enchantment if are running extra effect, it's always a big chunk.

Daelon DuLac

It's highly effective. You rarely hit for none. Even if only one or two elements hit, the damage is significant. If you hit for all three, plus factoring another enchantment if are running extra effect, it's always a big chunk.
Thanks! Great info.

LotusEater

Thanks! Great info.

May as well grab Sallow Regent while you there and activate Seeker of Sorcery... another 10% bonus to enchantments. :)

LotusEater

With Chaos Damage and Fiery Soul Trap on the same weapon, it's basically the same as having 5 enchantments on your weapon when they all hit, which is more often than you might think. Put it on Stalhrim and look out...

_lotus_tree

_lotus_tree
off subject, can someone please tell me how to put a "self made" web banner as my signature?
Yeah! Really! So many folks have cool ones and I have a great one I'd like to use.
if you want to make a banner go into signature, if you want a slogan that says I am the necromancer or I am the warrior then click on someone elses slogan and then follow the rules that's what I did
i found that out by accidentally clicking someone else's, but that's not exactly what i'm looking for.

Dawn

Some interesting unique enchants to pick up include:

Fiery Soul Trap - A single enchant that does both fire damage and a soul trap effect. Obtained by disenchanting the Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls looted from Ironbind Barrow.

Chaos Damage - A single enchant which has a chance of doing fire, frost, and shock damage (chance independent for each type, could have all three active, two, one or none). Obtained by disenchanting the Champions Crudgel looted off General Falx Carius or disenchanting random Nordic or Stalhrim "of chaos" weapons. Part of Dragonborn DLC.

Resist Magic - While not unique, there is a second more powerful version available that can be stacked with the normal version when double enchanting an item. Obtained by disenchanting the Shield of Solitude which is a reward for the quest The Wolf Queen Awakened in Solitude.

Daelon DuLac

Fiery Soul Trap - A single enchant that does both fire damage and a soul trap effect. Obtained by disenchanting the Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls looted from Ironbind Barrow.

Chaos Damage - A single enchant which has a chance of doing fire, frost, and shock damage (chance independent for each type, could have all three active, two, one or none). Obtained by disenchanting the Champions Crudgel looted off General Falx Carius or disenchanting random Nordic or Stalhrim "of chaos" weapons. Part of Dragonborn DLC.

Resist Magic - While not unique, there is a second more powerful version available that can be stacked with the normal version when double enchanting an item. Obtained by disenchanting the Shield of Solitude which is a reward for the quest The Wolf Queen Awakened in Solitude.
True on #3. Discovered by accident. It really adds some punch to your shield when you do this or even to an amulet or ring! I wonder if you can stack on the stack? I guess it's not possible to get to 100% due to mechanics, but, hey, I guy can dream. :) I just hate mages so much - especially the ones with the ice spears, spikes and the fireball throwers! OYE!

LotusEater

True on #3. Discovered by accident. It really adds some punch to your shield when you do this or even to an amulet or ring! I wonder if you can stack on the stack? I guess it's not possible to get to 100% due to mechanics, but, hey, I guy can dream. :) I just hate mages so much - especially the ones with the ice spears, spikes and the fireball throwers! OYE!

I believe the cap is 85% MR, but you can use Spellbreaker to block 50 pts of damage from incoming magic attack and make yourself a little more resistant. Plus Spellbreaker stacks with the Elemental blocking perk in some way. I not really sure how it all works.

LotusEater

wait stahrim boosts frost enchants, I did not know that have a reputation point

Thanks. Further, I've noticed that though the effect is supposed to be isolated to frost related enchantments only, in the case of Chaos Damage the effect seems to fall under some umbrella with the word "each" where all elements are granted the boost. Or seem to be anyway.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Another good tip. Work on your armour skill tree perks and get the one where if you wear a complete matching set, it weighs nothing. AND if you make more armour of the same kind you can carry it around with no extra weight as well. For example, I wear dragonscale armour with archery enchantments, but I also carry a couple of extra boots and gauntlets, some with fortify one handed, and some with resist fire/shock damage. They will not add to your carry weight if you have the perk :)

NachyoChez

You can get to roughly 97% resistance, if you stack the right abilities together.
You can get to complete immunity as well, but be warned that means beneficial spells and summons also auto-fail.

97% Resistance:
Race: Dunmer, Breton, or Nord work best, but any can do it.
Stone: Lord (25% resistance)
Quests: Agent of Mara, The Wolf Queen Awakened
Crafting: Enchanting @ 100 w/ Enchanter (5/5), Storm/Frost/Fire Enchanter, Extra Effect
Head: (Any)
Necklace: Resist Magic (basic version, 20%)*, Resist Frost
Chest: (Any)
Ring: Resist Fire**, Resist Frost***
Shield: Resist Magic (Shield of Solitude, 25%)****, Resist Shock
Feet: Resist Shock, Resist Fire
* Unless Alteration 80+ w/Magic Resistance (2/3)
** Unless Dunmer
*** Unless Nord
**** Unless Breton

There's plenty of room to move things around, but you get the rough idea on how it works. The 85% Magic Resistance kicks in first, reducing ALL opposing spells. Then, the game checks the element type for resistance allowing Frost/Fire/Shock to reduce an additional amount. It always rounds down, but taking less than 5% of any mage's attack is always handy.

Complete Immunity:
Race: MUST BECOME VAMPIRE BEFORE TAKING PERKS OR STONE
Skills: Restoration 70 (MUST TAKE NECROMAGE BEFORE TAKING OTHER PERKS OR STONE), Alteration 100 w/Atronach (MUST BE A VAMPIRE w/NECROMAGE BEFORE TAKING)
Stone: Atronach (MUST BE A VAMPIRE w/NECROMAGE BEFORE TAKING)
Essentially, the Necromage perk will cause Spell Absorption to also increase by 25%, lifting Atronach Stone (50%) and Perk (30%) to a full 100%, always on, Spell Absorption. This means that ANY magic that touches you is harmlessly converted to Magicka.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS MYSELF, IT HAS JUST BEEN REPORTED TO ME. IT'S ON MY LIST, BUT LEVELING 100 ALTERATION w/NO MAGICKA IS A PAIN!!!!

And now you know!

LotusEater

You can get to roughly 97% resistance, if you stack the right abilities together.
You can get to complete immunity as well, but be warned that means beneficial spells and summons also auto-fail.

97% Resistance:
Race: Dunmer, Breton, or Nord work best, but any can do it.
Stone: Lord (25% resistance)
Quests: Agent of Mara, The Wolf Queen Awakened
Crafting: Enchanting @ 100 w/ Enchanter (5/5), Storm/Frost/Fire Enchanter, Extra Effect
Head: (Any)
Necklace: Resist Magic (basic version, 20%)*, Resist Frost
Chest: (Any)
Ring: Resist Fire**, Resist Frost***
Shield: Resist Magic (Shield of Solitude, 25%)****, Resist Shock
Feet: Resist Shock, Resist Fire
* Unless Alteration 80+ w/Magic Resistance (2/3)
** Unless Dunmer
*** Unless Nord
**** Unless Breton

There's plenty of room to move things around, but you get the rough idea on how it works. The 85% Magic Resistance kicks in first, reducing ALL opposing spells. Then, the game checks the element type for resistance allowing Frost/Fire/Shock to reduce an additional amount. It always rounds down, but taking less than 5% of any mage's attack is always handy.

Complete Immunity:
Race: MUST BECOME VAMPIRE BEFORE TAKING PERKS OR STONE
Skills: Restoration 70 (MUST TAKE NECROMAGE BEFORE TAKING OTHER PERKS OR STONE), Alteration 100 w/Atronach (MUST BE A VAMPIRE w/NECROMAGE BEFORE TAKING)
Stone: Atronach (MUST BE A VAMPIRE w/NECROMAGE BEFORE TAKING)
Essentially, the Necromage perk will cause Spell Absorption to also increase by 25%, lifting Atronach Stone (50%) and Perk (30%) to a full 100%, always on, Spell Absorption. This means that ANY magic that touches you is harmlessly converted to Magicka.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS MYSELF, IT HAS JUST BEEN REPORTED TO ME. IT'S ON MY LIST, BUT LEVELING 100 ALTERATION w/NO MAGICKA IS A PAIN!!!!

And now you know!

Great post. So maybe you can answer a question that has always bugged me. How does Spellbreaker factor in and is it ever redundant to use it? I play on legendary a lot and I'm always looking for any edge.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts