• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hello,
I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on good books to read in the game. Skill books not included. I'm talking like "Mixed Unit Tactics", "Lusty Argonian Maid", etc etc...

I always play with the intent of reading some of these books but I never remember to actually read them!

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
Dude, Lusty Argonian Maid Volumes 1 and 2. BEst read.

Other then that, I forget the name of the book, but its when 4 people go fight Vampires.

Gowsh

Old Fart
If you're a Talos lore devotee, The Arcturan Heresy.

Tells it like it was. :)

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
Also, if you played Oblivion, you will probably enjoy 'The Oblivion Crisis'.

I also collect books as I go with the intention of reading them, but this rarely happens. Also, if you have Dragonborn, loads of books are added with that.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Watcher of Stones

And anything regarding the Dwemer, or written by Calcelmo

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Can you find most of his works in his museum in Markarth, or are they just scattered throughout Skyrim?
You can find all of his books in Understone Keep I think, and also Urag gro-Shub at the Mage College will sell them

Volanere

Grand Magister
I personally like the Thalmor ones my favorite i think is called Flight from the Thalmor or something like that.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I personally like the Thalmor ones my favorite i think is called Flight from the Thalmor or something like that.
That is a good one too

Wildroses

I enjoyed Kolb and the Dragon. It was choose your own adventure, and the racism against Orcs and High Elves was so ludicrous I found it impossible to be offended on behalf of my Altmer.

Chadonraz

"A Gentleman's Guide to Whiterun" by Mikael the bard. :D
It's hilarious, as long as you don't take it seriously.

I recently read a history book called "Before the Ages of Man" that was really interesting. It was also a skill book.
If I ever find more books from that Timeline Series, I'm definitely going to grab them. :)

Fiiralmo

2nd Aldmeri Emissary to Skyrim
"Fall of the Snow Prince" is a great read. Very Tragic. It definitly justified both my hatred of the Nord's and my sympathy for the poor Falmer.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Dude, Lusty Argonian Maid Volumes 1 and 2. BEst read.

Other then that, I forget the name of the book, but its when 4 people go fight Vampires.

Nope. "the Sultry Argonian Bard" is way better

I also like the series that recounts the last year of the First Era of Tamriel (2920 Morning Star, 2920 Sun's Dawn, ect). "The Argonian Accounts" are pretty good too. And lastly I like "the Five Far Stars", because it adds that deeper connection between Skyrim and Morrowind, as well as carries on lore... And my Dark Elf is an Ashlander, so she HAS to know it.

gangraad

dragonguard
if you're interested in actually reading the books check out this link uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Books

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts