• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
It was in previous games. So, no doubt it will be in this one, too. I suppose there will be an vampire hunting quest. But maybe it's for the best that most of things are left for us to discover? Don't you agree?

Cole

Mythik
Since you can't join the bounty hunters, is it a good assumption that they might be the target for the Dark Brotherhood to attack and destroy later on?

Cole

Mythik
That would be cool, but I don't know if they would do that or not because of the Dark Brotherhood's popularity.

Cole

Mythik
Oh, Kinda like in Oblivion where you take that quest to clean out your won sect of brother's and sisters?

Cole

Mythik
That was one of the most memorable quests for me, I would love if they did something like that again. That and the quest where you're locked in the house with the other guests. ;D

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I would really like to either join a bounty hunter guild or get such a high bounty that towns hire elite bounty hunters to come and kill you :)

Cole

Mythik
That would be fun too. Although I don't think we'll be able to join the bounty hunters, as I have a feeling they'll be taken out in a sidequest. But maybe in some DLC you can rebuild them?

Flamingtaco

Whodunit was a great quest as far as the concept. My problem with it was that the victims immediately knew when someone had been killed and they still went on with their various tasks only changing dialogue, not becoming violent or trying to escape. I guess that was probably the best they could do at the time for a small quest using the old engine. I think in Skyrim the quest could be a lot more dynamic and interesting.
I think the bounty hunters will probably increase in level and equipment as your bounty increases. Thats what would make sense to me anyway. Why send your best man to take out a petty thief and your newest recruit for a mass murderer?

Travis

So today I was thinking about the reveal that unlike Oblivion, where the guild quest was over once you became the head, in Skyrim there will still be content after you become the guildmaster of which ever guild you join. So I was thinking about what I would love to see in the thieves guild, since that is my personal goal.

1. Recruiting young children to create mobs of child cutpurses that I would release on the unsuspecting folks of Skyrim. I mean seriously, what type of thieves guild doesn't exploit children.

2. Send master and journeyman thieves on quests to steal items from specific wealthy or high profile NPCs in the world.

3. Create guild vs. guild warfare against the mage guild, because they are snotty and think they are better than everyone else.

4. Finally, I would order the novices to build a statue in my likeness to that everyone would know the greatness that is Agroham Lincoln.

What would you do with you guild?
LOL. Gangs of kids roaming around stealing for you. That'd be sweet. That would also be really cool if you could be buying something in a shop, and see that they have a lot of money, and mark them as a target for your guildmates to rob later.

Travis

I think they could do a really cool mechanic sort of like assassins creed, where, once you were head of the Magicians guild, then you could "hire" or get a group of Magicians to follow you, and do what you want them to do. You know how in AC you could hire thieves or merc's... kind of like that, only for each guild you were head of.

Flamingtaco

Well even if they don't do that, maybe within a few months, if you're on pc you'll be able to say "there's a mod for that!"

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well even if they don't do that, maybe within a few months, if you're on pc you'll be able to say "there's a mod for that!"

True that. I think it's more difficult to say "there isn't mod for that!" and if there really isn't, somebody will respond: "oh yeah? I do it, and add trout tuxedo ties as well!"

Flamingtaco

I'm actually not sure if someone has made a tuxedo mod for Oblivion. I need to check that.
On topic, it would be kinda cool to recruit npcs for your guild. Also I wonder if marrying a powerful guild member could help you rise to power.

Cole

Mythik
There are so many variables in this game! Like if marriage to a powerful leader or politician actually will have others react to you differently, with more respect.

What if because you married a leader of lets say, the Circle of Mages, and then you went of to join the warriors guild, would that somehow make them kick you out or refuse, or do that to your spouse? And if your spouse was the Guild-master, and you became the Guild-master of the warriors, could they all work together?

Flamingtaco

Wait why would that happen? Are the Circle of Mages enemies to the warrior's guild? Actuallt who are they anyway?

Cole

Mythik
They aren' enemies as far as I know. I was just brainstorming some idea's on how the marriage aspect of the game might effect the guilds in a TV Soap kinda way lol. xD