Beginning Again With a Favorite Character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reaper87

吉光
Yes, I always end up playing my orc character after I'm done with my High Elf for the day. My orc is a mysterious vigilante, with his past unknown to others. He always protects innocent people and children from harm - and can slay giants and dragons. :D He is also sort of a bounty hunter as well, so joining the Thieves Guild was a good way of making money for him, as he came from a poor orc family. :)

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I did a rerun on one character. That's it.

Nice to see other people do that too and I'm not alone :p

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Kohlar's reincarnation has commenced. You must follow my blog entries if you wish to know what transpires. Thanks to all for the inspiration. :beermug:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Here is the storyline justifying Kohlar's reincarnation. Lore buff's take note.

A great golden dragon radiant like the sun, seeded my dreams with images that I experienced as memories. Impossible memories. First, I saw myself as I was when I was younger, standing aside a fallen man in red robes at the top of a mountain. Silas Vesuius. Silas the maniac at the shrine of Dagon the vile, his face imploded by a blow from my mace, Ale Smasher. Yet that's not how it happened; unwilling to do Dagon's bidding I gave Silus his life, his face quite intact. I can recall the events clearly, yet the dream goes on.

Next, an assassin in shadows. Emperor Titus Mead II lay dead in a spreading pool of blood. The Dark Brotherhood? Impossible. I thwarted their operation in Skyrim. Their lair was burnt to the ground and no one survived. I made sure of that. ...The silhouette of an unknown heir mounting the throne- Then the dream changed.

I saw myself as I am now, old, grey, bent by the weight of time. Nightly, I circumnavigate the perimeter of my hall. So it was now, in the dream. From a lofty perspective on a star-lit night, I watched impotently as a red-robbed figure materialized seemingly from nowhere behind me. The blade struck true and I was dead. A familiar blade- it can't be. Vision faded and blackness encompassed all.

Something was very wrong. This was not Sovngarde. No ground beneath my feet, only the lights of Aetherius. Again, the golden dragon- the avatar of Akatosh! This has happened before, I realize now. Akatosh had bestowed upon me the blood of the dragon. A saintly women in white approached. Al-Esh; Saint Alesia. I knew her as Paravania, the Lady of Heaven. She was my lover.

She handed me a glorious ruby-red amulet. Swimming within it's facets were the faces of emperors. Tiber Septim; resplendent in war. Pelagius the Mad; looking on vacantly. Uriel Septim VII; a knowing smile upon an old face. Martin Septim; different somehow... Martin looked at me from within the stone, right into my soul, and his face contorted with tears and despair.

My breath left me with fervent suddenness, and my skin felt afire. Fear as I had never known paralyzed my bones, and my eyes could not comprehend what they saw. Glowing molten rock as far as I could see, towers of flame, the very sky ablaze with malevolent fire. Wretched creatures feasting on corpses; corrupted men unrecognizable in horrid disfigurement shambling aimlessly. This is what the world would become, but how? The Oblivion crisis was averted. Wasn't it?

In a horrid flash of comprehension, I understood. I've been allowed many lives, by the grace of Akatosh. It all hinges on me. It always has. I've been shown what should've been. I've been shown my own death, now inevitable, by the hands of my choices in this life.

I awoke with a gasp, fully out of breath. Everything I've built is but dust in the hands of fate. Will I remember anything of this life? I think so, if only in flashes of imagination. I've had those all my life, and it's no wonder. For I am no mere mortal. My incarnations are the stuff of legend. In this era I am called Kohlar the Unkilled, and the God's have use for me yet.

So a Shezarrine type figure? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Shezarrine

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Here is the storyline justifying Kohlar's reincarnation. Lore buff's take note.

A great golden dragon radiant like the sun, seeded my dreams with images that I experienced as memories. Impossible memories. First, I saw myself as I was when I was younger, standing aside a fallen man in red robes at the top of a mountain. Silas Vesuius. Silas the maniac at the shrine of Dagon the vile, his face imploded by a blow from my mace, Ale Smasher. Yet that's not how it happened; unwilling to do Dagon's bidding I gave Silus his life, his face quite intact. I can recall the events clearly, yet the dream goes on.

Next, an assassin in shadows. Emperor Titus Mead II lay dead in a spreading pool of blood. The Dark Brotherhood? Impossible. I thwarted their operation in Skyrim. Their lair was burnt to the ground and no one survived. I made sure of that. ...The silhouette of an unknown heir mounting the throne- Then the dream changed.

I saw myself as I am now, old, grey, bent by the weight of time. Nightly, I circumnavigate the perimeter of my hall. So it was now, in the dream. From a lofty perspective on a star-lit night, I watched impotently as a red-robbed figure materialized seemingly from nowhere behind me. The blade struck true and I was dead. A familiar blade- it can't be. Vision faded and blackness encompassed all.

Something was very wrong. This was not Sovngarde. No ground beneath my feet, only the lights of Aetherius. Again, the golden dragon- the avatar of Akatosh! This has happened before, I realize now. Akatosh had bestowed upon me the blood of the dragon. A saintly women in white approached. Al-Esh; Saint Alesia. I knew her as Paravania, the Lady of Heaven. She was my lover.

She handed me a glorious ruby-red amulet. Swimming within it's facets were the faces of emperors. Tiber Septim; resplendent in war. Pelagius the Mad; looking on vacantly. Uriel Septim VII; a knowing smile upon an old face. Martin Septim; different somehow... Martin looked at me from within the stone, right into my soul, and his face contorted with tears and despair.

My breath left me with fervent suddenness, and my skin felt afire. Fear as I had never known paralyzed my bones, and my eyes could not comprehend what they saw. Glowing molten rock as far as I could see, towers of flame, the very sky ablaze with malevolent fire. Wretched creatures feasting on corpses; corrupted men unrecognizable in horrid disfigurement shambling aimlessly. This is what the world would become, but how? The Oblivion crisis was averted. Wasn't it?

In a horrid flash of comprehension, I understood. I've been allowed many lives, by the grace of Akatosh. It all hinges on me. It always has. I've been shown what should've been. I've been shown my own death, now inevitable, by the hands of my choices in this life.

I awoke with a gasp, fully out of breath. Everything I've built is but dust in the hands of fate. Will I remember anything of this life? I think so, if only in flashes of imagination. I've had those all my life, and it's no wonder. For I am no mere mortal. My incarnations are the stuff of legend. In this era I am called Kohlar the Unkilled, and the God's have use for me yet.

So a Shezarrine type figure? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Shezarrine
Well yes. And no. The key is that he was Alessia's lover, in what is probably his most famous incarnation. Said by some to have the head of the bull, others claimed he was a large man with a horned helmet, (and probably a nose ring). Not much is said about this figure of lore, but he does have a statue in the Arena district of the Imperial City, which depicts him as a man with Nordic features. :beermug:

Last edited:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Kohlar's reincarnation has commenced. You must follow my blog entries if you wish to know what transpires. Thanks to all for the inspiration. :beermug:

I just hope I can keep up. :eek::beermug:
Won't be hard. :beermug: Since I'm still playing Oblivion and my time will be divided between the two games, I'll endeavor to post one entry per week. Often I will post more than one a week, but certainly not daily.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well yes. And no. The key is that he was Alessia's lover, in what is probably his most famous incarnation. Said by some to have the head of the bull, others claimed he was a large man with a horned helmet, (and probably a nose ring). Not much is said about this figure of lore, but he does have a statue in the Arena district of the Imperial City, which depicts him as a man with Nordic features. :beermug:

Morihaus, Hero of the Cyro-Nords?

I suppose it could work, makes sense to me at least. You could even have him as an Imperial or Nord opening up slight variety in playthroughs.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

Morihaus, Hero of the Cyro-Nords?

I suppose it could work, makes sense to me at least. You could even have him as an Imperial or Nord opening up slight variety in playthroughs.
Excellent! Appreciate the input. :beermug:

Last edited:

Skyrimosity

I've done this a few times; Edwyn has had four incarnations within Skyrim (refining his personality and character traits.) He's also existed in Oblivion (retroactively, since I played Skyrim first,) Mount and Blade: Warband - Phantasy Calradia mod, and any other game which allows some sort of conjuring/necromancy.

He's the only character in Skyrim to ever survive rerollitis long enough to reach level 50, and he's done it twice. Definitely my favorite character I've made; have no issues playing with him over and over.

Dar

I tend to keep going back to my Khajiit, Doug (pictured in avatar). He's usually a heavy armor warrior, and the only changes I ever make are fur color and whether his combat is 2H/1H/unarmed.

I haven't delved too far into his history, but the gist of it is that he was raised by a Nord family with Nord values, however often feeling alienated by both Nord's and Khajiit. I do hope to write a story involving him in the near future, and hopefully this will force me to actually think about him more as a character.

Also, he currently holds the spot for my favorite screenshot I've taken.
uploadfromtaptalk1437531660116.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts