• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

OK, I am going for Breton/Imperial still don't know but will decide :D So my questions are:

1. Light or Heavy Armor? If Heavy, how should I work it out? Like to keep my robes until I get a Grand Soul Gem then disenchant them and enchant the Heavy?

2. I heard I should do this: Magicka-3 Health-2 Stamina-1. So for every 3 in Magicka, and than 2 in Health, than 1 in Stamina and repeat!

3. Conjure Bound Sword, or Axe, or Mace OR regular sword, axe, or mace?

4. Breton or Imperial?

5. Spellsword or Battle Mage? Like what is the differance?

Forumate

1. Heavy armor. Train up enchanting to 100 and enchant your armor for magic cost reduction. If you have all the perks in the middle you can get a 25% reduction in your magic cost. Enchant four items with this and you can cast spells forever.

2. Sounds good.

3. A mace for sure.

4. The passive skill on the Breton is better for this build but the imperial has better starting stats.

5. A Battle Mage is just a mage with heavy armor. A Spellsword wields a one handed weapon and a spell in the other hand and also wheres armor.

KrazyLizard

1. I agree with Forumate, and the perks for Heavy Armor will offset the weight.
2. As long as you do not plan on carrying too much loot, physical blocking, and long distance running.
3. I will disagree with Forumate and vote for the sword. It's speed along with enchantments will fit as a good off-hand weapon.
4. Breton are underrated, but have great potential be become a battle mage.
5. If I had to class this, I would say you have the start of a powerful Battlemage.

Skarv

Thanks, I'll go with the sword because it looks a bit like a Battle Mage/ Spellsword to me but should I use Conjure Sword or a normal iron/steel/ebony sword?

Neriad13

Premium Member
It's really all personal preference. I find that the one thing a battlemage absolutely needs is a high Enchanting skill, so you'll be able to enchant whatever armor you choose for Magicka Regeneration and whatever else you need to cut down on magicka use. It'll be really rough going at first, until you get your enchanting up, buy a few grand soul gems and gain some decent regen. But once you've crossed the hump, battlemages have it easy.

Leveling up is all personal preference too. Me, I've been splitting points evenly between Magicka and Health and completely ignoring Stamina. It's very rare that I have to pull out a weapon and rarer still that I have to do power attacks - my sword is enchanted with powerful fire damage and that by itself tends to take care of whatever problem I have. As for the reduced carry weight, I honestly don't miss it. I'm an adventurer, not a tomb robber. And if I want to go fast, I've got myself a horse to do that for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts