• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PelagiusIV

I just started a new character, a Khajiit bandit. First I will give you a brief overview of his background story:

So'Ku Pun is a Khajiit who travled to Skyrim several months ago with some of his closest friends, forming a caravan with dreams of becoming rich. At first, everything was going exactly as they had expected it too. They were making decent coin, but at the same time suffering from the Nords dislike of the Khajiit race. But So'Ku Pun had anticipated this, and he did not let it get to him. One night, as him and his friends sat around the campfire talking about what they would do with all their coin, a group of 6 Stormcloak soldiers spotted them on the side of the road. They came up to So'Ku Pun's caravan, swords and axes already drawn, and demanded the caravan's coin and anything else of value. Of coarse, the Khajiit refused to give up their hard earned rewards, and took up arms in return even though they were outnumbered 4 to 6. Not long after the fight began, So'Ku Pun took a back-handed blow to the head from a Stormcloaks mailed fist, knocking him unconsious. When he awoke the next morning not only did he find all the good gone, but all 3 of his companions were dead as well while only one Stormcloak had perished in the fight. So'Ku Pun tracked down this band of Stormcloaks, stalking them until the moment was right. Finally he found the perfect opportunity, and he crept into their camp. But just as he got into it, a group of Imperial soldiers came out of nowhere and ambushed the camp, taking them captive, and So'Ku Pun with them. From there he went to Helgen, and his adventure begins.....

Characteristics:
  1. Due to living his life on the road, So'Ku Pun is dependent on living off the land. He hunts all his food, going on hunting trips at least once a day. He also mines and crafts all of his own gear.
  2. He wears nothing higher than Steel Armor.
  3. His weapon of choice is his claws, although when he does decide to pick up a close-combat weapon, its a simple woodcutters ax. He is also adept at archery due to his hunting skills.
  4. He is very found on reading, and always reads a book every night after his dinner before he goes to sleep. (It finally gives me an excuse for reading all the books I always collect, yet never have time to read)
Up to this point the only quest's I have done were some bounties for Whiterun to get some starting cash. I do not plan on joining any guilds, except possibly the thieves guild. I have killed all the guards at the Western Watch Tower outside of Whiterun, giving myself a bounty of 1000 (for some reason I only got the bounty on the first guard I killed). I took it up as my place of residence, although I am planning on finding a new one closer to one of the holds borders so that I am close enough that I can raid one hold and be close enough to another that I can walk into town and sell my loot. I just have just 2 questions though.

1. Obviously I will not own a home. I know that there are no "safe" storages within random camps/forts/watch towers etc, but if that is my primary residence and I go no longer than 48 in game hours of visiting there, would it keep the cell from respawning and loosing any gear that I store there?
  2. Are their any quests, objectives or any other tips anyone would have that has played this route before that would help make this feel more like a bandit character? I play on the Xbox so I do not have access to any mods (as much as that kills me to say :sadface: )
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GreatorGood

Lost One
Your RP character sounds very interesting. I would like to read more up on him share any RPs you join with me :)

About your questions I would not trust any loot in any other place other than my home..

Perhaps you can marry someone and use their chest for storage?

I can't imagine what kind of help you need, Bandit is about the easiest RP possible.

Background: Tried a bunch of stuff, never got real good at any of it, so stared robbing anyone that looks like he could get away with it to make a living.

Skills: Kind of reflect the lack of attention span, and sticktoitedness, other than Combat, because it's a rough violent life. Pick a Weapon Skill, or two, an Armor Skill, or two, maybe splash in some Crafting, but definitely never really Master them. If they were creative enough to run a Crafting Loop, and create the best weapons/armor in the game, they probably wouldn't be out on the roads mugging random travelers.

If anything, you might have over thought it a bit. If he had a rich, and interesting back story with broad effective synergetic skills, he probably wouldn't be a lowly Bandit. Nothing wrong with that, I love to take a break from excruciatingly detailed builds to just bumb around, and have fun instead. I usually go for a Hunter, or Berserker (In the suicidally fanatical wade knee deep into battle in rags with an Axe in one hand, and Sword in the other sense.) Another option I've done is start off a Bandit with aspirations of being something better, like an Assassin, or Warlord, even Necromancer.

You've fought enough Bandits to realize by now, they're basically the Losers of Skyrim. Nice story, though.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You could take over Anise's cabin, it has some safe storage containers (not the barrels) It has a bed, alchemy table & enchanter. Free home that is better than Whiterun's and nice location.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
The wiki lists quite a few locations that never reset and are safe to use as safe storage. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Places-Safe

Also, if you don't mind, I've had situations where someone dies and doesn't get removed. Their body just continues to lay there and never resets. I haven't tested it fully but it appears that they can also be used as a safe, if somewhat grisly, container. Obviously this is most beneficial when it happens in the outside world as opposed to someplace in a town.

It has happened twice so far with two different characters to the Whiterun Stables stable hand, Jervar. I'm in the process of Fus Ro Dah-ing his body whenever I pass it by down to the old abandoned house just past the Western Watchtower where you plan to stay. I don't know if having DLC is causing this glitch but if it doesn't fall outside your role-play rules, it's an option.

PelagiusIV

I can't imagine what kind of help you need, Bandit is about the easiest RP possible.

Background: Tried a bunch of stuff, never got real good at any of it, so stared robbing anyone that looks like he could get away with it to make a living.

Skills: Kind of reflect the lack of attention span, and sticktoitedness, other than Combat, because it's a rough violent life. Pick a Weapon Skill, or two, an Armor Skill, or two, maybe splash in some Crafting, but definitely never really Master them. If they were creative enough to run a Crafting Loop, and create the best weapons/armor in the game, they probably wouldn't be out on the roads mugging random travelers.

If anything, you might have over thought it a bit. If he had a rich, and interesting back story with broad effective synergetic skills, he probably wouldn't be a lowly Bandit. Nothing wrong with that, I love to take a break from excruciatingly detailed builds to just bumb around, and have fun instead. I usually go for a Hunter, or Berserker (In the suicidally fanatical wade knee deep into battle in rags with an Axe in one hand, and Sword in the other sense.) Another option I've done is start off a Bandit with aspirations of being something better, like an Assassin, or Warlord, even Necromancer.

You've fought enough Bandits to realize by now, they're basically the Losers of Skyrim. Nice story, though.

I guess your right about me over thinking it. Basically as of right now he turned bandit due to having hatred towards the Stormcloaks, mistrust in the Empire, not being welcomed within the cities (obviously I visit cities to sell my loot, but I made it that I'm still not welcomed, and are basically told to get it, handle my business, and get out), and due to the events that happened he is sort of on a "rampage". Perhaps after some time I'll have him have a change of goals and focus more on organized crime(thieves guild), assassinations (dark brotherhood) or some other path to better use his talents.

The wiki lists quite a few locations that never reset and are safe to use as safe storage. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Places-Safe

Also, if you don't mind, I've had situations where someone dies and doesn't get removed. Their body just continues to lay there and never resets. I haven't tested it fully but it appears that they can also be used as a safe, if somewhat grisly, container. Obviously this is most beneficial when it happens in the outside world as opposed to someplace in a town.

It has happened twice so far with two different characters to the Whiterun Stables stable hand, Jervar. I'm in the process of Fus Ro Dah-ing his body whenever I pass it by down to the old abandoned house just past the Western Watchtower where you plan to stay. I don't know if having DLC is causing this glitch but if it doesn't fall outside your role-play rules, it's an option.

Interesting, I never would of thought to use a body as storage. There are 3 guards scattered among the watchtower. Not sure how he would feel on storing his goods in a dead body, maybe something I'd have to play out and see how it feels. I'll definently keep it in mind though, thanks!

PelagiusIV

You could take over Anise's cabin, it has some safe storage containers (not the barrels) It has a bed, alchemy table & enchanter. Free home that is better than Whiterun's and nice location.

I thought of that location as well, the only downfall I have towards that one is its isolated. What I LOVED about the Western Watch Tower was it was right along the road. I could stand on top and watch for travelers on the road and ambush them.

I guess your right about me over thinking it. Basically as of right now he turned bandit due to having hatred towards the Stormcloaks, mistrust in the Empire, not being welcomed within the cities (obviously I visit cities to sell my loot, but I made it that I'm still not welcomed, and are basically told to get it, handle my business, and get out), and due to the events that happened he is sort of on a "rampage". Perhaps after some time I'll have him have a change of goals and focus more on organized crime(thieves guild), assassinations (dark brotherhood) or some other path to better use his talents.
Bandit as Spree Killer for Profit? I like it!

Krocodile

FYI Forgetting about Fjola (in Fjola Favor) All bandits in Mistwatch will become friendly towards you.(Even when they respawn) you now have a Free bandit home and storage is safe.

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard
FYI Forgetting about Fjola (in Fjola Favor) All bandits in Mistwatch will become friendly towards you.(Even when they respawn) you now have a Free bandit home and storage is safe.

can you explain this please? i was wanting to conquor that place and having bandits still there sounds cool for a bandit rp

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector

can you explain this please? i was wanting to conquor that place and having bandits still there sounds cool for a bandit rp

Apparently upon finishing the quest by helping Fjola (rather than killing her), she remains non-hostile toward you, and any bandits within Mistwatch also become non-hostile. According to the wiki discussion, even bandits that respawn (if you killed them whilst exploring the place) will also be non-hostile.

[ 4th reply to the discussion question regarding Fjola and Mistwatch ]

This is news to me as well; it's worth rolling up a character and testing this out!