Backseat moderators need warned

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anna

Premium Member
Warn the backseat modders and hire real moderators. Truth needs to be told sooner or later before this site turns into all of the other forums on the Internet with Hulk Hogan attitudes.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
Haven't really seen any backseat moderators yet. Honestly don't need this forum needs many mods though as none of the threads descend into world war three. Only moderation really required is probably moving threads into the correct section.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
We'll hire some mods soon, but surprisingly I haven't seen any spam or users causing much trouble. You're right, some threads are just in the wrong section.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I have yet to see anyone acting like a Mod either. But it's always wise to have a couple around since unfortunately this is the internet and something will happen eventually.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Bump to reiterate the need for moderators, and also reiterate the fact that I haven't seen any "backseat moderating" although there has been only a handful of instances needing moderating, it would be nice to see the spammers and trolls, as few as they are, squashed as soon as they pop up.

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
It also would help to keep the forum clean, as in keeping threads in their appropriate places.

Anna

Premium Member
We'll hire some mods soon, but surprisingly I haven't seen any spam or users causing much trouble. You're right, some threads are just in the wrong section.

My concern when posting were people commenting on wrong section threads saying,"Wrong section, needs moved"

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
Warn the backseat modders and hire real moderators. Truth needs to be told sooner or later before this site turns into all of the other forums on the Internet with Hulk Hogan attitudes.
Why HIRE Mods anyways? I can guarantee anyone here would do it free, and Im sure everyone would do a good job as well.

Anna

Premium Member
Why HIRE Mods anyways? I can guarantee anyone here would do it free, and Im sure everyone would do a good job as well.

Because not only one person can moderate this site. It's useful to hire mods from different timezones, locations, and who have experience with moderation a head of time, so we don't have to worry about power hungry people.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Stone, Renegader and I are all in very different time zones.

That being said, feel free to contact any of us with issues or use the report button so that it queues up for any of us to fix. It's the first thing I check when I hop on here and I'm sure that's true for the others.

You can use the report feature to let us know if threads need to be moved as well. It doesn't get anyone "in trouble" if you report their post unless we decide to assign warnings. If it's a simple move request, I don't warn, I just move the thread.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Because not only one person can moderate this site. It's useful to hire mods from different timezones, locations, and who have experience with moderation a head of time, so we don't have to worry about power hungry people.

Who was power hungry? Seems like the kinda thing that would make your tummy all rumbly.

Anna

Premium Member
Who was power hungry? Seems like the kinda thing that would make your tummy all rumbly.

Power hungry is another way of saying that they will abuse their moderator power that was given to them.

It's usually something QQers say, even if the moderators do something that needed to be dealt with, but is 'power hungry' to them. All in all is that this site needed moderators at the time this thread was posted, but that issue has been dealt with. I don't see a need to keep this going on any longer

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Power hungry is another way of saying that they will abuse their moderator power that was given to them.

It's usually something QQers say, even if the moderators do something that needed to be dealt with, but is 'power hungry' to them. All in all is that this site needed moderators at the time this thread was posted, but that issue has been dealt with. I don't see a need to keep this going on any longer

Dude, I know what Power Hungry is. Clearly you don't know what sarcasm is.