Quest Back to Bleak Falls Barrow

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

I had never, ever, with any character had any reason to return to BFB after getting the Dragonstone, until now. Urag decided to send me there. o_O

Easiest dungeon ever, as it was the same Draugr-Restless Draugr-Draugr Wight Lord difficulty as 70 levels ago.

There's a first time for everything, I guess. Have you had any similar experiences? :)

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
*puts a hand on your shoulder* Aaaaaalll the time.

Wildroses

I had one on my very first ever playthrough of Skyrim. Back then I was accepting every single quest which came my way that didn't cross my moral event horizon, and I ended up needing to fetch an item out of Morvath's Lair. I don't even remember what quest it was now, just some random dungeon fetchit quest.

I killed everyone in the dungeon and looted everything in sight, soon finding myself on the verge of being over encumbered, so I headed to the undiscovered town of Morthal to sell it all off, soon discovering Morthal has no general goods merchants or blacksmiths stores.

But who cares, it was a new town with new quests! I promptly started the quest Laid to Rest. I managed to get to the point where I present the Jarl with Alva's diary in about four in-game hours as it was already late afternoon when I arrived at Morthal.

Then she tells me to go clear out Morvath's Lair. I think: "Oh, this is going to be easy. I've already done it. I'll just wait for the conversation option to pop up saying he's already dead...It's not popping up..."

When told to join the angry mob I just decided to play along and go there. I wasn't expecting much trouble as I had already killed everything in that cave so I figured it would be a walk there, look around an empty cave and a walk back.

Boy was I wrong. In about six in game hours a new bunch of vampires cleaned up the mess I left, carried in all their stuff, settled in and threw a big housewarming party inviting all their friends, every single one of whom accepted. When me, my follower and the only member of the mob I could persuade to come in the cave with me arrived they assumed we were the party food. I was quite annoyed.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've seen it so many times I should become a tour guide. Annnnd HERE is where the ancient Nords set up a death trap to discourage -watch the swinging blades! - discourage would-be thieves from disturbing and looting their sacred tombs. Now if you'll step this way ...

I surprised myself with my current character by revisiting it not once, but twice! Both times were practically speed runs. My character was low on Skeever tails and I know of no greater source without going through the Thieves' Guild quest.

Since it's required to do the Main Quest and I've seen it a zillion times I usually try to avoid going there more often than necessary.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
You know it's bad when you have memorized the lock combos. I know them by number of turns rather than what should be displayed.

First lock (where the bandit kills himself with the trap if I don't feel like getting the free sneak attack) - spin the first tumbler once and the other two twice.

Claw door - spin all rings twice. I like to start with the outside ring and work my way in - by the time I get back to the outside ring it is just stopping so I can start it again. I'm all about efficiency.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
You know it's bad when you have memorized the lock combos. I know them by number of turns rather than what should be displayed.

First lock (where the bandit kills himself with the trap if I don't feel like getting the free sneak attack) - spin the first tumbler once and the other two twice.

Claw door - spin all rings twice. I like to start with the outside ring and work my way in - by the time I get back to the outside ring it is just stopping so I can start it again. I'm all about efficiency.

I do the same thing for the doors :) and yes, you're right, it's all about the turns rather than what the lock actually shows

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The one for me is "Forsaken Cave". I've gotten it repeatedly on fetch quests (along with the one for the White Phial) and a number of occassions. Unlike the example of Morvath's Lair above, it doesn't respawn though to it's full extent. There may be a few Drauger that have apparently noticed the vacancy and moved in, but there's almost never a new boss.

Twiffle

This happened to me about 3 characters ago, , i wanted to just do everything, no alliance, no roleplay just do it and enjoy sort of thing, ask for any work got sent to Redorans retreat, cleared and looted, in whiterun asked amren for the sword return quest, yep go to redorans retreat, this will be easy i thought i just did that, nope filled with another chief and his week minions, went to winterhold, ask the orc who sent me for a book, wild elves i think, and yep you guessed, redorans retreat,, i thought WTF is it with this cave, central heating, comfy beds running water and the only latrine in Skyrim,, jeez. . :D, , ,ahh the beauty of random quests cant live with em, cant live without em, , , :cool:

Chadonraz

This character also got sent to fetch crossbow schematics for Sorine, from Treva's Watch. Twice in a row.

I didn't kill all the bandits - not even the boss - the first time (I used Bend Will to make them fight each other) as I'd fully cleared the place earlier, but still. Skyrim is full of dungeons with boss chests!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts