Back Stories For Your Characters

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I was just wondering how many people come up with back stories I have done in the past nothing to in depth and I don't normaly write them down. Except the other day I haven't touched Skyrim in ages but wanted to give legendary a try and also wanted to try and max out a char something I haven't done as of yet I get to around lvl 50 and have either done everything I wanted to do or I get bored and move on to another build.

But this time I actually started writing a back story down on paper (I'll save you the pain of reading it) I thought it was just going to be a few pages of A4 82 pages later I'm still going strong updating the story as I go along. It has helped me not get bored a lot more than I thought it would tbh so far I'm lvl 45 I've only done the companions quest line and a load of side quests and my char still feels quite fresh. I'm roleplaying the fuc# out of him as well which is also helping I have a daily routine getting up eating and drinking I make some potions and do some enchanting sell my shi# I dont want at the stores then fuc# off out for the day doing quests making sure I stop for lunch haha then come back to a City at night pop in a Inn get drunk and eat (my char has been known to just walk up to people and punch them in the face whilst drunk and has had to spend the night in jail) and then wake up the next day and do it all over again.

AS88

Staff member
Every new character of mine has a backstory these days. I've been playing Skyrim since release so it's one of the best ways to add depth to the game. I can't wait to get a PC and RP with mods as well, then I'll be writing journals and maybe even doing Let's Plays for Youtube :)

UnfaithfulServant

Silence, my brother...
I have the story in my head, but I'm unable to write it on paper lol.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I do this regularly. Every character has a different backstory, different personality, and habits. It makes the game more fun, and longer, and the writing has done loads for my creative writing skills. Though it has been awhile since I kept a full journal, maybe I'll do that again with my next char.

Brizzle Kicks

Trust me if I can do it so can you my writing style is well lets just say unique and the thought of writing a fuc#ing novel like I have pretty much done would of put me off. But once I started writing I couldn't couldn't stop.

One last thing who ever invented tip-ex is a genius I've almost gone through a pot of that plops.

AS88

Staff member

Trust me if I can do it so can you my writing style is well lets just say unique and the thought of writing a fuc#ing novel like I have pretty much done would of put me off. But once I started writing I couldn't couldn't stop.

One last thing who ever invented tip-ex is a genius I've almost gone through a pot of that pl***.

You actually write it on paper? That's impressive. Have you thought of just doing it on Word?

Brizzle Kicks

You actually write it on paper? That's impressive. Have you thought of just doing it on Word?[/quote]

I haven't got any office programes or anything like that on this computer it's a game only set up and my laptop is still fuc#ed so writing was my only option. But it's alright I only thought it would be a few pages long but I'm having fun with it. It would need a 18+ though it's got some graphic violence and sex in it haha.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I finally managed to find a decent MOD to edit and customize for my new other main character (not-Argonian)
Tonaro_zps2a7a1e3a.png

As you can see, he matches my avatar, I had someone else draw it for me since I can't draw in that style but I had to give them a very thorough list in what I wanted, I wanted some unique face paint, something that could set apart from the typical war paint that every race has so I figured why not a Crescent moon? It could stand for something that we're unaware of in Snow Elf/Falmer lore. Granted this modification is very few but I feel it's enough.

He started off as a Bosmer named Tonybob Jenkins III Jr, then slowly started changing it to more of a Bosmer name as he wore primarily Studded armor (my other favorite armor in game plus you get it VERY early) but it changed over time, so why not be a Snow Elf? Knight-Paladin Gelebor said himself that he MAY be the last but there's always the chance that there's other chantries, we already know they split, either left Skyrim (most known were killed however) or driven underground and became the betrayed.

I only came up with a back story for my canon Dovahkiin, the others are just for fun and don't really get back stories or personalities.

LeonitusAquilius

Founder of Aquilius Steel
I find backstories a great way to add depth to the game and with my current character i've taken it to a whole new level! I am writing a journal that goes along with my RP for my current character. When finished it will be bound in leather and will look just like a leather journal from the game. I then plan to make a small display case (again looking like one from the game) for it and it will then take pride of place on my desk along with my aged and tattered framed map (when I get round to framing it lol)

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
I was just wondering how many people come up with back stories I have done in the past nothing to in depth and I don't normaly write them down. Except the other day I haven't touched Skyrim in ages but wanted to give legendary a try and also wanted to try and max out a char something I haven't done as of yet I get to around lvl 50 and have either done everything I wanted to do or I get bored and move on to another build.

But this time I actually started writing a back story down on paper (I'll save you the pain of reading it) I thought it was just going to be a few pages of A4 82 pages later I'm still going strong updating the story as I go along. It has helped me not get bored a lot more than I thought it would tbh so far I'm lvl 45 I've only done the companions quest line and a load of side quests and my char still feels quite fresh. I'm roleplaying the fuc# out of him as well which is also helping I have a daily routine getting up eating and drinking I make some potions and do some enchanting sell my shi# I dont want at the stores then fuc# off out for the day doing quests making sure I stop for lunch haha then come back to a City at night pop in a Inn get drunk and eat (my char has been known to just walk up to people and punch them in the face whilst drunk and has had to spend the night in jail) and then wake up the next day and do it all over again.

I feel you. I originally just roleplayed as Auriel in my main game, but something about her made me really want to write it down. She was already related to my main characters from Morrowind and Oblivion and I really wanted to flesh out their complete stories in a meaningful way so, what better way than writing it down? My ps3 broke which means I can't play skyrim or oblivion anymore so writing about it helps me vent out, and now I actually find it more enjoyable than actually playing the game. I have about 45,000 words thus far on my Dovahkiin and I am still not even close to finishing. It has helped me realize what makes sense and what doesn't for her motives and her backstory. I also have this strange affection for making non-follower npcs become her follwers/bff's (I'm looking at you Legate Fasendil and Valdr). It's great and I really recommend doing it if you've already done all that there is to do with Skyrim, but still want to enjoy the game, just in a different way.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts