Spoiler Azuras Star or The Black Star?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Azuras Star or The Black Star?

• Total voters

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Decisions, decisions...

Azuras star is great and all, but The Black Star captures human souls...

Though I'm fairly sure you can purchase Black Soul Gems from the guy in Winterhold College who sells illegal things...

Thoughts?

eskimoletdinov

Dual Wield Warrior
I went with azuras star, mainly because im a sucker for collecting unique items but also because it saves having to carry round numerous soul gems. Although, i do still carry round a few black gems ive found aswell :)

Black Soul Gem as it can only hold a grand soul and you run into so many bandits. i havent played in a few days but azuras can hold all non black souls yeah? such a waste getting back to town and azura is filled with a petty or lesser!

Onyx

With the black soul gem version...does any human soul count as a Grand Soul or does it depend on enemy level?

Timett

o_O
All human souls are grand souls. The Black Star also seems to be able to hold any type of soul, despite the fact that the guy who fixes it up says it would only be able to hold the black souls of humans. Since Azura's Star cannot hold human souls, The Black Star is simply better.

Titanburner

Premium Member
All human souls are grand souls. The Black Star also seems to be able to hold any type of soul, despite the fact that the guy who fixes it up says it would only be able to hold the black souls of humans. Since Azura's Star cannot hold human souls, The Black Star is simply better.
+1 Hands down the Black Star, and as after a number of days Bandits reappear where you've already been (IE: The mine beside Riverwood) you can just run in and grab a soul and run across the river to Old Elises basement and do your enchant and then head back to the mine. Enchanted my whole smithing set that way.

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Don't forget about the follower you get with Azuras Star! She's apparently the best spellcaster in the game. I used Jizargo from the college and he was less than useless.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts