• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kid cutrr

Hey guys I have been playing skyrim for awhile now and I am starting to get bored with my one handed destruction dark elf. I was thinking about an assassin thief character next for the thief guild and db. What race would you guys suggest and skills to focus on and any essential perks i should consider using.

Thanks in advanced !

I suggest a khajiit for the race, they start out with 25 sneak levels and they have a special ability that lets them see better in the dark. For skills, obviously go for sneak and one handed, and if you like to raid towns and houses, then get perks in pickpocketing and lock picking (you can get perks in lock picking anyway, it just helps when raiding houses). Also, illusion magic is good for sneaking (especially if you're a pure assassin), spells like muffle and invisibility really help, but it's up to you (I recommend it, though).

modi

Everybody is going to say Khajit for the obvious reasons...but to me, I don't like going along with what everybody else uses. Because of this, I would be looking towards Bosmers or an Argonian. I don't like Argonians personally, but as far as being a thief/assassin, I think the breath underwater perk is huge. If you are around a lake when you commit a crime, just hop in the water and swim downstream. I like Bosmers because they are awesome with a bow, and they just look sly.

Altioris

I went with something like this : http://skyrimcalculator.com/#56025
Although I started with a Bosmer because poison resist is awesome and I enjoy sniping people. With this build you focus on basically being completely unseen and killing the enemy before they can even see you. Which is crazy fun. Alternatively, you could go with (I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this...) Altmer. Let's be honest, Sneak is one of the easiest skills to level, especially with the High Hrothgar exploit. Why Altmer? Base magicka for Illusion spells. Completely different build, but you can sit back and watch your enemies tear each other apart and then pick off the lone survivor with an arrow or a smash with a dagger. Or if you're lucky you get an awesome assassination animation, which is always a plus. Just a thought.

modi

I went with something like this : http://skyrimcalculator.com/#56025
Although I started with a Bosmer because poison resist is awesome and I enjoy sniping people. With this build you focus on basically being completely unseen and killing the enemy before they can even see you. Which is crazy fun. Alternatively, you could go with (I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this...) Altmer. Let's be honest, Sneak is one of the easiest skills to level, especially with the High Hrothgar exploit. Why Altmer? Base magicka for Illusion spells. Completely different build, but you can sit back and watch your enemies tear each other apart and then pick off the lone survivor with an arrow or a smash with a dagger. Or if you're lucky you get an awesome assassination animation, which is always a plus. Just a thought.

i never thought of that, that is a good idea

modi

Since race does not matter much, only in the beginning levels I say just pick the one that looks coolest to you. If your looking for the best thief in the first 5 levels in the game it is definitely khajiit but after level 10 race means practically nothing.

this is exactly what i try to stress with my friends. they always are asking me which type of character they should use for a certain build, and every time i will tell them what they want to hear, but then after tell them that they might as well just pick the race that they like the look of the most and the race that they like the racial abilities of the most.

Altioris

Sometime's it's a bit of a disadvantage for a certain race in a certain skillset early game, but in general I agree that race doesn't matter. Right now I enjoy Altmer the most, because of the +50 bonus to starting Magicka, which is the only thing no other race can get easily. That's 50 extra stats, and if you use spells at all, it's a huge advantage. Just my spin on the whole "race war."

modi

My favorite racial ability/powers are the Orc's Berserker (you are basically invincible for a minute or 2), Dark Elf's Ancestors Wraith, Khajit Claw moves (its just fun to run around and kill everyone with your claws), and Argonians ability to breathe underwater

modi

I wondering if i should start a thread on which race is peoples favorite. Or has that topic already been R-A-Ped

to say that that topic has been raped is a vast understatement, however I havent seen a post about it in a very long time. go for it. ill put my 2 cents on it.