Assassin in open combat situations.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I had an assassin a while ago and whenever I'd be caught out in the open I wouldn't have a chance to sneak attack someone or do anything like that, so I'd get destroyed. Especially while trying to fight a Dragon! Does anyone know what you're supposed to be doing in these sorts of situations...?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What sorts of weapon skills do you have? Only the dagger sort? Have you explored any range weapons?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Or carry a Sword & Shield as well as a Bow in addition to your Daggers. I carry a vast range of different weapons to suit different fighting styles.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm personally super-fond of the stealthy archer. I really tried to go away from that on my second playthrough but I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

I mainly use bows & daggers while keeping an axe as a side arm just in case I get spotted. That, however, usually isn't enough to fend off a dragon.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I mainly use bows & daggers while keeping an axe as a side arm just in case I get spotted. That, however, usually isn't enough to fend off a dragon.

I use an Ebony Sword with enchantments, an Ebony Bow with enchantments & a Dragonscale Shield with enchantments now ( I was using a Glass Shield with enchantments before that )

What level is your character ?
What level is you Smithing at ?
What level is your Enchanting at ?

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
Ur just a low lvl. Stealthy characters r just harder at low lvl.s espesialy if u use light armor. Just try and stick to low lvl. baddie areas and keep with it. Ranged helps a lot, cuz u can get off 6-7 arrows b4 they get to hit u. Usually with the first two being sneak attacks. Wear them down and when they get close, then melee. Also u can loot easy dungeons and pay to up ur attack skills threw training to get it up a little so u can kill easier. An all around assassin is harder to play w/o ranged also.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts