• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

so why is necromancy a must for vamps? cause the power they have to summon undead daily?

I'm not sure, but if you play vampire, you need NECROMAGE (restoration tree). It gives you a bonus of 25% on pretty much EVERYTHING. Including the enchantment you are wearing.

Necromancy is not really necessary, but for roleplay it is nice.

ShadowGambit

Critical Shot 2 is not necessary in my point of view. Just go critical Shot 1, prerequisite for the next perk.

Also, Bull-eyes is not as good as it sounds: it does paralyze your target, but paralyzed target will lay flat on the ground, making it MUCH HARDER to hit with a bow afterward.

I would put some points in Alchemy, to get some poison going.

osheao

I'm not sure, but if you play vampire, you need NECROMAGE (restoration tree). It gives you a bonus of 25% on pretty much EVERYTHING. Including the enchantment you are wearing.

Necromancy is not really necessary, but for roleplay it is nice.

ah, didn't realize i was being unclear. i'm only talking about the restoration necro perk. i wasn't referring to roleplaying, at all, lol.

the perk applies to yourself and adds other bonuses.

Skarv

Well I just spent most of this day playing Skyrim and I just made my Nightingale. I use Illusion but only Frenzy and Invisibility. I don't use Calm because the only reason I would use it is to just Calm and Backstab which would kill the fun, and I only use Frenzy when there is 3+ targets, or when I am just bored. Then I got Archery for those hard to get targets. Sometimes when I am infiltrating a Fort I like to take out the sentries from the wall, to add that real assassin flavor. I grabbed Alchemy for poisons and I carry 2 or 3 extra Invisibility potions just in case I don't have enough mana. For One Handed I like to use a Blade of Woe in my left hand, and Nightingale Blade in my right hand. Although I sacrifice the cool slitting throat animation, I do have better survivability when I am discovered with no way to go back into the shadows such as Dragons and Dragon Priests and occasionally some other creatures that ambush me. Then I too Light Armor since Nightingale Armor is Light and that awesome stamina regeneration perk. For Smithing I just took Steel and Arcane because I am using: Nightingale Armor, Blade of Woe(or maybe another dagger still didn't decide) Nightingale Bow, and Nightingale Blade. I didn't use enchanting because the gear I am using is already enchanted and I will use Azura's Black Star. The build I just stated is really fun yet challenging on some parts in Master difficulty.

tvJefe

It's basically the build I am currently playing: Archery, 1-handed, Sneak, Illusion, blah blah.

It's a rockin' build. Mehrune's Razor in my right hand, Invisibility in my left. With the Nightingale Hood and 2 rings of Illusion (-25% cost), my invisibility is only 32(ish) mana to cast so I can basically cast it whenever I need to. Archery with an Ebony bow (for looks, yo!) to take out enemies at range.

I've started several builds since Ja'Guar, but I keep going back to him. He's just too damn cool.

Skarv

Similar, yet not the same. Remember I use a sword just in case things get out of hand. But other then that I got to go work on my other builds, ciao!

For One Handed I like to use a Blade of Woe in my left hand, and Nightingale Blade in my right hand. Although I sacrifice the cool slitting throat animation, I do have better survivability when I am discovered with no way to go back into the shadows such as Dragons and Dragon Priests and occasionally some other creatures that ambush me.
You can play that animation anyway, I do it with a Greasword, and I know it works on the NIGHTingale BLADE.

I don't really like the BoW for backstabs. Sure it has the highest base damage, but the Absorb Health is useless if you're sneaking up behind them with full health. For NIGHT BLADEs, I prefer Absorb Stamina, for power attacks, and Magicka to recast invisibility. If you can Extra Effect that on a dagger, great! If not, no biggie, because a sword still does plenty of damage on a BS with the shrouded gloves, and Perk. Then again, I use a Greatsword, so what do I know? As long as you get a 1HK, it's all good.

Skarv

You brought up a good point, maybe I'll enchant a Daedric Dagger and a Daedric Sword IF I have enough perk points to spend. And I am just using BoW and Nightingale Blade because 1. BoW is the coolest dagger IMO and 2. Nightingale Blade looks awesome also, and it's called Nightingale Blade, and I am trying to create a Nightingale Assassin.

ShadowGambit

Archery:
For Me Critical Shot 3/3 is not worth it. If you go the creafting way, then the difference in output damage would be 24pts MAX. I would just take Critical 1/3 as a prerequisite for the rest of the perks.

Also Bull-eyes is not worth it either. Paralyze is nice, mostly for 10s. But pararalyzed target lay flat on the ground, making it MUCH HARDER to hit him with a bow. Or you will have to run to him to finish him off with your dagger.

Sneak:
I prefer to use Invisibility and Muffle spells over the perks Muffled Movement, Silent Roll, Silence. But again, my character doesn't dual wield, So I can have a spell in my off-hand.

Remember, if you swing with the Nightingale sword, as it is considered a Sword, you may be detected because it will make "noise". Your dagger are "silent" though.

For Me Critical Shot 3/3 is not worth it. If you go the creafting way, then the difference in output damage would be 24pts MAX. I would just take Critical 1/3 as a prerequisite for the rest of the perks.
I don't consider it Critical, unless you're playing a pure archer, then ever little bit helps. Same with Ranger, if you're working a whole bunch of skills (Like a Nightblade) then that's 5 points you can do without. Moving with a bow drawn isn't needed for sneak shots, but running around the battlefield while the tanks trying to chase you down.

Also Bull-eyes is not worth it either. Paralyze is nice, mostly for 10s. But paralyzed target lay flat on the ground, making it MUCH HARDER to hit him with a bow. Or you will have to run to him to finish him off with your dagger.
Not to mention the fact that you might dismiss a Paralyzed target for a dead one, or you killed him in one shot, so it wouldn't have triggered in the first place. I see this is an 81 build, which means training up 2 handed, Heavy Armor, Block, and all the other skills to maximize the perks points. If you're more efficient about the ones you pick, you shouldn't have to moonlight as a tank warrior, or bookshelf train to fill out all of these trees. For Archery, you don't need more than Overdraw (5)-Quick Shot for this build.

Sneak:
I prefer to use Invisibility and Muffle spells over the perks Muffled Movement, Silent Roll, Silence. But again, my character doesn't dual wield, So I can have a spell in my off-hand.
Stealth (1) should be all you need, with Illusion as a backup. Also, you might want to add Critical Charge to 1 hand, since you can combo it with Silent Roll for a double damage critical. (in addition to all the backstab mutltipliers!) This means that one guy, standing around the fire with his buds (with Aegis Bane on his back, you know the one?) Can be rolled up to from the shadows, and dispatched before he has time to react, or be alerted by the other bandits.

Dragon smithing, really? What for, to use up all those extra points? Because you can? Planning on making Dragonscale Armor, or where you sticking with the Nightengale set? Besides, you're a Nightblade, with Sneak, and Illusion, plus a bow. If you play it well, you should never be targeted, much less have to cap out your armor. (The Nightingale set will reach the 80% cap without a crafting loop.) I'd skip Smithing all together, a Nightblade gets all the bonuses to 1 shot anything from Sneak multipliers, and uses stealth for defense. The only real use for Armor is an Enchantment carrier. With Shrouded Handwraps, Assassin's Blade, Armsman(5), Silent Roll, and Critical charge, that's 24,000% base damage. If that's not enough, Smithing isn't going to save you.

Illusion can be pared down to Novice-Expert, Animage, Kindred Mage, QC, and MotM. I'm sure you also Want Dual Casting, and all the buffs up the middle, but that means filling in ALL 18 skills to 100 just so you have enough points to go around. What are you going to Frenzy a Steam Centurion for? Not telling you how to play here, but how you could do it, if you were actually leveling through experience.

Here: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! This is an efficient build you can make with experience from actual Assassinations WITH THE EXACT SAME CAPABILITIES plus the Silent Roll/Critical Charge combo. You're welcome.

Or, you can go on and cheat your way out of hours of fun gameplay jumping right to the end, and use the Perks I freed up for you to add Enchantment so you can make your own Daedric Dagger of Leeching with Absorb Stamina, and Magicka to power Invisibility, and your charging Backstab.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts