Assassin Build Advice and Some Questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JDizzle

Okay I want to play an assassin, and I want them to be awesome. I don't want general perk advice, I thought I would post up what I was thinking in line of perks and you can poke holes in my build so I can make it better. I've also got a few relevant questions I'll include as a go on. Here it goes:

One-Handed: Armsman 1-5, Dual Flurry 1-2, Dual Savagery, Fighting Stance.

Rationale: I'm just going to use this for dual dagger sneak attacks so I should need Critical Charge, and I'm going to use poisons so I won't need Paralyzing Strike either.

First question: Savage Strike says it only concerns standing power attacks? Does this mean either that you have to be standing still (so it also applies when crouching) or you have to be physically stood up and still? If it applies whilst crouching I'll go for this too.

Archery: Overdraw 1-5, Critical Shot 1-3, Eagle Eye, Power Shot, Quick Shot, Steady Hand 1-2.

Rationale: Shouldn't need Ranger as I'm mainly going to be sniping, and I'm not bothered about Hunter's Discipline. Again no need for Bullseye as I'll use poisons.

Light Amour: All 10.

Smithing: Arcane, the Heavy side up to Dragon 6.

Rationale: End game I'll be rolling with Dragonscale Armour or Dark Brotherhood stuff, but I also want to make Daedric Daggers and a Bow; hence I'll not going for Elven, Glass or Advanced Armours simply to cut down on perks even though I'll be using light armour.

Alchemy: Alchemist 1-5, Physician 1, Benefactor 1, Poisoner 1, Concentrated Poison 1.

Rationale: I'm not interested in any of the pure potions or poisons as per the Purity perk so no need for that.

Questions: Once making a potion or poison using more than one of an ingredient's effects, do those effects become revealed or is the Experimenter perk always needed? I'll feel a bit cheap constantly looking at the internet for the extra effects in which case I might get the Experimenter perks if the latter is the case. Also is armour and enchanting improved even more at their respective skill levels of 100 if you use potions (and enchanted armour in the case of smithing) than if you just had the skill at level hundred only with no buffs (i.e. does it make legendary amour even stronger than just smithing at 100 without any potion or enchantment buffing but with any relevant smithing perks)?

Enchanting: All 13.

Sneaking: All 13.

Total Perks: 74.

Magicka, Health and Stamina: I don't think I'm going to be in too many protracted fights so 200 stamina should be fine, especially as I'll have my own stock of home-made potions - I'm playing a different assassin at the minute and 200 stamina seems okay. Magicka will be ranging from 100-200, I'll see how I feel (hopefully awesome enchantments to reduce spell cost should allow me to try out most spells cheap). The rest will go into health.

Extra perks I think I'll stick into Conjuration to harvest souls or just whatever I feel like, maybe Pickpocket. I'm going to play an orc so I'm hoping Beserker + Assassin's Blade + Power Attack + Legendary Daedric Daggers + Dark Brotherhood Gloves + One-Handed Damage buffers + Posions will make me do some serious damage! Bows are in there to change things up a bit, or use a Frenzy poison to allow a group of enemies to destroy itself and then kill the leftovers with daggers. I'll be playing on master, as I have done with my previous experimental characters. Anything I need to improve or change? I know I won't be able to poison vampires and the like but they are in the minority. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Flamingtaco

Well you certainly have this well planned out. I would get the savage strike perk because decapitations are just so awesome, although they dont work if someone is wearing a helmet. Ive only every gotten decaps while standing still but Im not sure if its possible to get one while sneaking.

JDizzle

Thanks for the response, I guess I'll get the perk anyway if it's fun! Does anyone have any answers to my questions or not? I'm starting the character now so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts