Assassin/Archer Gear | First Post

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zF_Reaper

Hey everyone I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post. Let me know if this is in the wrong place or any other things I do wrong. Lets get to it. The main thing in this post is to get new ideas for assassin and archer gear. If you would like to tell me what you use or what you would use let me know. Money and rarity is not a problem so it can be anything. My current gear is Nightengale armor and boots with Krosis Dragonpreist mask and Ancient Shrouded Gloves. My weapons are Blade of Woe and Nightengale Bow. My Diamond Gold Ring hives +15% Pickpocketing and Lockpicking I believe. And my necklace gives night vision. For my bow I use Ebony Arrows. Please let me know what I should add/remove or as I previously said, new setups. Thank you for reading.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I'd like to start out by saying welcome. Well for my pure archer i use a mixture of Ancient shrouded armor (the hood), Gauntlets of the old gods( cool bow damage enchant), and leather armor which i put some minor enchants on for bow damage and carrying capacity. I never enchant too much because i think it's extremely overpowered. I'd say most of it is really just personal prefrence. Muffled movement is always good. When i make a hunter a usually like the Brown/ fur armors, and when i go assassin i like the Darker armors like nightingale and Shrouded armor. Hope this was helpful, and again Welcome :)

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Also if you want more Damage output and are good with enchanting and don't mind being Overpowered, then i'd maybe invest in a better bow such as a Daedric or Ebony one then put some damage enchants on it for easy kills.

zF_Reaper

Okay thank you this was very helpful with deciding which armor and bow should be used. I will most likely stick with Nightingale for armor. And I will try to get a Daedric bow. But in your opinion what melee weapon should I used. I currently am using Blade of Woe daggers. Should I use something else?

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Go to Dawnstar and talk to the Guy who opened the muesem, I won't spoil anything for you but if you help him you get a good dagger. Fairly Easy quest too.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
And that's if you like Dual Weilding.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Hey everyone I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post. Let me know if this is in the wrong place or any other things I do wrong. Lets get to it. The main thing in this post is to get new ideas for assassin and archer gear. If you would like to tell me what you use or what you would use let me know. Money and rarity is not a problem so it can be anything. My current gear is Nightengale armor and boots with Krosis Dragonpreist mask and Ancient Shrouded Gloves. My weapons are Blade of Woe and Nightengale Bow. My Diamond Gold Ring hives +15% Pickpocketing and Lockpicking I believe. And my necklace gives night vision. For my bow I use Ebony Arrows. Please let me know what I should add/remove or as I previously said, new setups. Thank you for reading.
Welcome from your friendly Thalmor Justiciar and Nord eradicator! :D
Firstly all self enchanted gear is generally superior, for example Nightingale armour has about a 17% illusion reduction on 1 peice right? Well with 100 enchanting and a few enchanting perks this will be 40% and you can add 2 enchantments to 1 peice so you could have 40% reduced illusion and increased archery damage of 40%.
The only thing thats worth getting is dark brotherhood gauntlets as the double backstab damage cannot be self enchanted.
If you have dawnguard and dragonborn then vampire armour can be self enchanted otherwise morag tong armour looks very nice in dragonborn(basically a darker version of light chitin armour).

FullmetalHeart20

An assassins greatest strength is their anonymity. With the right gear and perks you can one shot almost any target from stealth. So use gear to increase sneak. As long as they cannot see you, they cannot kill you.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I will have to say that with archers, it's best to invest in Fortify Archery enchanted items by far, sneak and archery are best for this regard. But if you would like to twist it a bit, you can become an infantry with better armor and magic resistance while using archery as your primary means of combat. I love going through dungeons as Infantry, it's more in a controlled environment and you can use traps to your advantage. Granted to use most oil spills you will need a fire spell but other than that, there are those lanterns hanging around like in Bleakfalls Barrow for example, shoot that down with a quick arrow shot and watch them burn!

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
An assassins greatest strength is their animosity. With the right gear and perks you can one shot almost any target from stealth. So use gear to increase sneak. As long as they cannot see you, they cannot kill you.
Also Illusion on an assassin build is excellent, you can muffle your footsteps, turn invisible and calm your opponent for an easy backstab.

zF_Reaper

Thank you all for all your help.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

jaomile

I know that me correcting you has no purpose and I know that I am anoying becouse of doing this but I cant help myself. You cant make illusion cost less by 40%. The max is around 30 (28% usually if you dont spend a lot of time making the best possible gear). Now that I've said that let me give one advice: If you want the best possible armor by enchantments for archer you will have to make one as the most in game suck. However if you ask which one is best based on the look than it is Nightingale or Ancient Shrouded Armor (I dont like the looks of this one but you might). The best bows for me are the three unique bows: Auriel's bow, Nightingale bow and Black Dwarven Bow of Fate.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I know that me correcting you has no purpose and I know that I am anoying becouse of doing this but I cant help myself. You cant make illusion cost less by 40%. The max is around 30 (28% usually if you dont spend a lot of time making the best possible gear). Now that I've said that let me give one advice: If you want the best possible armor by enchantments for archer you will have to make one as the most in game suck. However if you ask which one is best based on the look than it is Nightingale or Ancient Shrouded Armor (I dont like the looks of this one but you might). The best bows for me are the three unique bows: Auriel's bow, Nightingale bow and Black Dwarven Bow of Fate.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
correct, I was thinking of the combat enchantments which go up to 40%, without a fortify enchanting potion the max is 25% for spell cost reduction.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts