Arrowsmith Mod Improvement

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is archetype is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dead Eye

The arrowsmith mod improvement is fantastic. I can be a little fletcher all by myself. But I would like to see a bit of improvement in the acquisition of hawk feathers. I'm a decent shot but the area that's most plentiful in Skyrim is Solitude. (The docks outside Solitude are bugged or something [maybe just for me?] because everytime i try to kill the hawks on the docks outside Solitude, i hit them, and the arrows stick in them but they don't die - see attached photo for one with about 12 arrows in him).

hawk3.JPG

Sufficed to say, running around within the limits of Solitude yields a decent amount of hawks to kill. My problem is about 50% of the time the fall on something I can't get at.

I'd like to see a mod that maybe increases the frequency of hawks out in a plains region or somewhere easier. Or a mod to make my dog go fetch the damn bird... haha..

I know this is a trivial request, just something i was thinking about.

~Dead Eye

ardikus

I encountered a very strange bug with the hawks in Solitude. When I first got the Arrowsmith mod I shot down about half a dozen hawks to begin my fletching. Now when I try to shoot down the hawks, it seems they are invincible! At first I thought I was just aiming really badly, but then I noticed my arrows were actually sticking out of the hawks, and splashes of blood would come out when my arrow hit, but still they kept on flying. Do you know of anywhere else in the world where there are some hawks around?

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Careful of those knee's guys.

pizllexam

where do we find said mod?

SaveVsBedWet

Did anyone ever find a solution to the problem with the invincible hawks? I had this problem too. Everything was fine for the first 24 Ebony arrows I made (8 hawks killed), but then the second time I went out which was yesterday I put about 12 arrows into hawks and not one came down.

They were literally flying around all over the place with as many as 3 arrows sticking out of them.

It's obviously not a one off or zany bit of happenstance. It's happening to everyone which pretty much makes the arrowsmith part of this mod moot if not addressed or explained. Too bad too, because this addition really helped immersion and took care of the "out of arrows of n type" situation at the local shops.

Panthera

Don Gato
Did anyone ever find a solution to the problem with the invincible hawks? I had this problem too. Everything was fine for the first 24 Ebony arrows I made (8 hawks killed), but then the second time I went out which was yesterday I put about 12 arrows into hawks and not one came down.

They were literally flying around all over the place with as many as 3 arrows sticking out of them.

It's obviously not a one off or zany bit of happenstance. It's happening to everyone which pretty much makes the arrowsmith part of this mod moot if not addressed or explained. Too bad too, because this addition really helped immersion and took care of the "out of arrows of n type" situation at the local shops.
lol flying hedgehog! :)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I don't get the people who want to kill everything that moves in the game. This isn't Doom!

The hawks are part of the scenery and that's why you can't kill em. They actually make Solitude an even nicer place to hang around.

SaveVsBedWet

I don't get the people who want to kill everything that moves in the game. This isn't Doom!

The hawks are part of the scenery and that's why you can't kill em. They actually make Solitude an even nicer place to hang around.

LOL! It's not about killing everything just for the sake of doing so. Why, I actually pelt hunters with violence the land over for messing with the little foxes, in the hope that they will survive Armageddon.

I just don't want to have to keep running from shop to shop buying ebony arrows 10 at a time until I have a full fletch of them. And daedric arrows? Haven't even seen any at the shops. What would I run the Earth looking for them for when all I have to do is clown a few birds over the harbor, pluck them while whistling a nice toon and then end up with 100 arrows complete with that "personal touch"?

Afterwards, I can go into that arrogant arrow guy's store in Solitude, ask him if he's got arrows that kill dragons, and when he gives me that smart aleck answer and says no, I can shoot him in his tiny little underdeveloped THORAX and tell him "Well now you do beeyaaaatch!!!"

Consider what that is actually worth.

And by the way, for whatever reason, I am now able to shoot the hawks again, despite having done nothing. Maybe it's a partially corrupted save game or a memory issue. Last time out I even saw an arrow in midair just sitting there, but was still able to shoot hawks. Just another Skynomaly I guess...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts