• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bronxtale

I really love heavy armor because it has good protection but I move soooo slow when I use light armor my armor rating is not that good I have nitingale when i tried to smith it i need void salts idk where it is. Shrouded armor looks sooo ugly (sorry if im picky) anyone knows a good light armor with good protection???

If you are willing to put in the time then any armor can be upgraded to the maximum protection value, and both have a perk for no weight, so pick the one you like the look of.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
My favorite of all time is the Nightingale armor, but the enchantments on it are pretty useless. After that, probably Elven maybe with a hood or Vampire royal armor.

ShadowGambit

Void salts: You can steal them in Alchemy merchants store. Also, Alchemy merchant store has a 25% chance to have some in stock every time they reset.

You can also find void salt to steal in the Fletcher's house and the Blue Palace in solitude.

Armor: nearly any PLAYER CRAFTED armor (heavy or light) can be upgraded to reach the 567 armor rating cap with using glitches, if you have the right skills (Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting included). Now, it is harder to achieve with light armor, but it is doable. Unique In game armor have harder time to reach that cap because they don't benefit from the full upgrade with smithing.

Clau

The Fateless One
For heavy armor, build up to get the conditioning perk or activate the steed stone to negate weight.

mamali

Thives guild armor is good , i always use that

bronxtale

thieves armor is good but im not a thief (assain) nghitingale armor enchants are ok.... THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
thieves armor is good but im not a thief (assain) nghitingale armor enchants are ok.... THANK YOU FOR THE REPLIES!

dat spelling

Neriad13

Premium Member

But...you're plainly a thief if you are a Nightingale.

bronxtale

sorry for spelling I just wanted the armor cause it looks really awesome got my self the old assain outfit :)

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
sorry for spelling I just wanted the armor cause it looks really awesome got my self the old assain outfit :)

assain?

ASS-ASS-IN

ASSASSIN.

A to the S to the S to the A to the S to the S to the I to the N.

bronxtale

oh that's how you spell it assassain thank you

AS88

Staff member
o_O This is why I hate forums sometimes

bronxtale

sorry :sadface: i'll try to spell better maybe im too lazy but it's the internet who cares?

AS88

Staff member
We're all people, so I won't rage, but it just makes things easier for everyone if you google a word if you're unsure how to spell it. It's frustrating when there's a lot of incorrect spelling, mostly because it's more difficult to read.

In response to your question, it's been said before that Nightingale Armour is probably one of the best armours in the game, I personally find the enchantments to be pretty useful, but that varies on your own style of play. I agree with your view on Shrouded Armour, I think it's ugly too!

Dragonscale Armour starts to spawn randomly and becomes available for purchase when you get to higher levels, but that's not to everyone's taste either. Here's my personal preferences for light armour as I progress through the game.

Early game - fur armour or leather armour
Mid-game - Elven and Thieves Guild armour (often mix the Elven chestpiece with TG gloves and boots)
If I don't do the Thieves Guild I often stick with Elven or Leather until I get to Scaled Armour for the boots and bracers, but I don't like the chestpiece on all characters - mostly use it just for big Nords.
Late-game - Elven Gilded/Nightingale/Guild Master

I rarely use a full set of Dragon armour, I think it's a little OTT, but I will often wear the boots and bracers with another chestpiece.

In terms of Heavy Armour, it's been said already that a viable option to negate the slowing effect is by taking the Steed Stone, or levelling your HA until you get the 'Conditioned' perk in the Heavy Armour tree.

Below is my favourite ensemble of Light Armour, full Nightingale except for the Guild Master Hood :)

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s361/as888/Skyrim%20gear/9e399659.jpg

bronxtale

Thank you so much for not raging there is still a hope for the internet with polite people like you :' )

By and large, I have found the members of this forum to be a lot more polite and mature than many others. In part it may be that the game attracts a different type of player than the straight twitch shoot-em-ups.

JoeReese

I am relatively low level still, but I tend to like Glass armor. I am forever smithing something, so I can get my smithing skills up. Once I get to where I can smith legendary (which really isn't as hard as it sounds, even without enchantments) then I'm pretty close to the 567 with a full set. Add maybe an increased light armor enchantment and I'm right there. I went way overboard last build, and wound up with over 1000, which did me no more good than 568 would have. 1 or 1000...(shrug)

LiL KiNG

Gotta second the Steed Stone. I love that thing. You can mix heavy and light armor, wear full heavy, whatever and don't lose any speed for it. Plus, you can keep your precious perks to spend elsewhere if you're like me and play a stealthy character who is rarely in direct combat and finds no need to spend points in the armor trees. Also, not very many of the Stones are all that great IMO.
My current female nord archer has two outfits I switch between when I want a new look; dragonbone boots and gauntlets with a silver/moonstone circlet and the dirty white colored vampire armor, or ebony boots/gauntlets with the red/black vampire armor and gold/ruby circlet to fit in with my DB pals when working that quest line.
Options are limited though for XBox users, I really really hope that along with whatever else they do for DLC stuff that they include new armors/clothes/weapons. Even if its just different versions of Elven or Orcish, just give us different options as to how the armor looks, much like how there are three versions of fur armor. And if they ever released the skeleton bikini mod... oh man!
You know, they could do this like many other games and put these different armor styles up for purchase with MS points. Thinking of Ace Combat 6 here and how you can buy different paint schemes for your jets, some of which change the attributes of the aircraft even. Sure, they may catch some flak from people saying it should have all just been included in a DLC, but I still think enough people would buy it to make it worth it; you buy a new armor with your MS points and then load up Skyrim, a messenger soon finds you to deliver your outfit wrapped in a box. Booyah!
...oops, got way off topic, sorry!

JoeReese

I would be happy if we could just choose the look of our armor with the current types, or maybe make them modular, so you could remove or add certain pieces. For instance, I might like a moonstone-made "Elven" helmet, that looks like an iron helmet, but I might prefer to remove the horns and add a chain mail neck skirt or something. Or, I want ebony but I like the look of the Elven...etc.