• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I came across an armor glitch that I haven't seen before. I was wearing enchanted Elven armor improved with Smithing to bestow an armor rating of 682 with my current build. After killing an Aldmer from one of the random road encounters, I took her Elven armor, a full set, to use to make another set of armor with better enchantments. Later in an encounter with some orcs I noticed I was taking more damage from their melee attacks than I should have. When I checked my armor rating it had dropped to 217. Each piece still displayed the correct armor rating and if added should have give the 682 armor rating. Reequipping the armor changed nothing, nor did exiting the game and reloading or fast traveling.

I then noticed the 217 rating is the armor rating for my build for an unimproved set of Elven armor. I opened up the inventory of the body of one of the dead orcs and placed the Aldmer Elven armor there and then reequipped my armor and it reverted to the correct armor rating of 682. This was not merely a notational error, my actual effective armor rating was 217 from this bug. Has anyone else ever experienced this bug or read about it? Since it has an easy fix I guess it's not a big deal, but if no one has heard of it I'll send a bug report to Bethesda.

Edit: The bug resets itself as soon as I am hit with physical damage again.