• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrCostari

Is there some kind of archery class? I really like archery, but bows don't seem to be that powerfull.
Maybe in combination with sneak or magic?

pizllexam

aela in the companions guild can train you in archery, getting a bow to do alot of damage you need to craft one yourself and upgrade it to legendary then enchant it with something. i've got an ebony bow that does 150ish damage w/out any enchantments. takes time but its well worth it. the sneak attacks do help ALOT especially after you get the 3x sneak attack bonus. once you have that, plus a beefed up bow you can take down trolls one shot, hell, i killed a dragon with one shot! it was a base dragon, plus sneak attack, so it wouldnt have been hard to kill in the first place, but still, one shot!?

Touchstone

Also, don't forget your poisons in addition to enchantments!

MrCostari

Hmm. If I would come across a room with a couple enemies with heavy armour, it would take quite a while. I quess poison would help for that?
Can I make bows with smithing? Never saw them there :p

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
You can indeed make (and improve) bows with smithing. Can't make arrows though as far as I've seen. I'd reccomend investing heavily in stealth, as this will allow you to pick off most enemies before they notice you. Illusion may well make your job easier too, with well-aimed Calm / Fury / Fear spells ensuring that your targets move just the way you want them to.

You may also want to invest in some sort of close-quarters combat ability, because there'll always be situations where you can't pick off your enemies from afar. One-handed would synergise nicely with stealth, but Destruction would be more versatile (for dealing with groups etc.) Personal taste tbh.

MrCostari

Hmm. I quess I will just use ranged only.
Ranged isn't that bad in close, and if it does, I can always run away and hide somewhere.
I managed to do that a couple times, and it worked pretty well out.

Touchstone

If you're on PC, there's a crafting mod that allows you to make arrows, lockpicks, and other cool stuff. It also lets you melt down stuff into its components.

pizllexam

where can i find that mod? i want it

brandon

with smithing for me i went the light armor route. i then had to invest in the heavy armor side to make deadric weapons. im on the xbox and i have heard this new patch that came out fixed it so once you get dragonscale you can just chose deadric armor instead of starting at the bottom again.

Touchstone

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts