• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one? (See info beneath before voting)

• Total voters

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I want to know which one should I use
My custom robes are the master robes of conjuration. I wear it with my Alikr hood (enchanted) which I can't wear with the Arch-mage robes
My custom robes are better then the AM robes but the AM robes look much more cooler

If you specialize in 1 school, I find the Master Robes much better. (But higher level.) They also look like a trenchcoat on a male avatar, and come unhooded for more dressing options. Custom, you can Fortify 2 schools (with a little Magicka Regen) with Extra Effect. I don't really care as much about Regen, because it only kicks in when you're not casting, and you have to "Sheathe" for full effect. Better to discount it at casting, and increase the lenth of your blue gauge so you can hold out the entire battle. (IMNSHO) I don't do the 100% off glitch suit, though. Magicka management is one of the best challenges of playing a Mage. One thing going for DIY is it can look like anything you want, even armor (but the regen effect can't get as high, unless you stack it separately with 1 school.)

I wear all self enchanted items to reduce magika use by 100% on two schools and magica regen. Then I go with resist and health enchants after that. I play with 0 armor rating too.
Which schools? Destruction and..? Impact Turret? Another nice thing about DiY is with a 0AR 100 health Pure Mage, you can add Health/Regen to your Robes/Jewelry, which is otherwise unavailible. Robes/Necklace/Ring of Health/Regen really helps with the squishyness, while you can Fortyfy School on a Circlet, Hood, or Hat.

I used this on a Majucka Pool Breton, who didn't need resistance, or Regeneration added. Also, a Conjurer with Alteration can o recover before they time out. Simulcast Ebonyflesh/Dremora Lord, then switch to Dragonhide while they're busy with Sir Stompy. "No Match At All!" Enough Health, and you don't need Armor, as much. (Can't summon reliably with Spell Absorption, though, so these techniques can't be combined effectively.) Goes double for Thralls, which you can all ready have out when you're attacked.

The best mix of enchantments really depends on the build. That's why DiY is probably best across the board, because premade robes have a much more limited selection. Don't forget the Shrouded/Jester/Cicero's Clothes for the stealthy types, too. The Archmage's are Just regeneration, with a splash of omnischool discount. An Enchanter, who mostly uses staffs has no need for Magicka/Regen, but Fortify Destruction lowers the discharge of staffs, and can activate Keening at 100%. (That's the only reason I ever made such a Glitch Suit, it's such a stompy Athame'.)

Jacobhwrd

I run destruction and conjuring. I don't have any talents for a real Mage build and very little magika so I use a bubble shield and single cast my damage spell. I have the resist to help stay alive from dragons an the magika regen for when I need to heal myself. That character is an archer assasin / shield and sword build so I have to do that so I can magr it up for a bit when I'm bored.

I run destruction and conjuring. I don't have any talents for a real Mage build and very little magika so I use a bubble shield and single cast my damage spell. I have the resist to help stay alive from dragons an the magika regen for when I need to heal myself. That character is an archer assasin / shield and sword build so I have to do that so I can magr it up for a bit when I'm bored.
Well, yeah. For a character that mostly doesn't use magic, except as a backup, most pre-enchated robes, even the Archmage's are probably not all that useful. Beyond me what good Destruction is for an Archer/Assassin, when a good bow has better range, and damage without all that mucking about with Magicka, but play your way, man. Long as you can make it work. By Bubble Shield, you mean Wards? I'd probably Fortify Restoration, or get the Spellbreaker as much as those things drain. Conjuration, I get. Nothing like a tank summon to keep them off you so you can shoot them in peace. I'd like to see your build some time.

Jacobhwrd

Lol yeah I meant restoration for the wards. I have sets for several different combos of schools. My build is most of archery most of sneak. First tier one handed for the bonus damage and I am taking block to max out. That way I can jump back and forth from playing a warrior to and archer/assasin. I still have points maxing out enchanting and smithing and left alchemy empty. I think it pretty standard with speech to max also. If you really want to see it just PM me and when I get home I will make a link to it. As a non caster I have to do fortify enchants or else I couldn't play as a caster when I'm bored. My 200 magika goes pretty quick. And I only chose that for some quick healing.

Get Spelbreaker, you can Ward, and Bash. Unfortunately, you can't cast spells, or attack through it like regular Wards, but as it doesn't drain any Magicka, you can completely block Dragonbreath, and don't need the Fort Resto. Great quest too, if you can find a Flawless Ruby to start it.

Jacobhwrd

Ah ok. I might give that a shot. I have about 20 flawless everything lol. The vendors can't keep up with how much I have to sell so I keep a lot of gems on me to clean them out every time I go to town.

osheao

do you feel the arch-mage robes are best suited for your character?

does your character have a trait that better suits them for custom robes?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts