• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Hello wonderful people! A quick question to all those that are better at computers than I am... That pretty much makes everyone; Is there anyway to hex edit my characters appearance in skyrim. I recall that in Oblivion you could do it (I did with my dark elf. I gave her blue eyes and Relmyna's hair. I even gave my nord dremora horns and hair!). But I can't seem to quite figure it out. I have the id list as well as a hex editor, but no matter what I do, I can't get the silly thing to work (And yes, I flipped the byte). I was thinking of giving my character the 16th female orc tattoo and the 14th female orc hair to make her look more like an ashlander. Any ideas?

You actually don't have to hex edit, you can open the character creation menu, as it where, with the console. Just press the ~key and type showracemenu. You can change your appearance in any way you wish, and your name.

Just don't change your race. It's said that it will mess up all your stats and your perks because of the differences between starting stats.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
From the UESP Dawnguard page:

The expansion features two new factions: the Dawnguard, housed in Fort Dawnguard; and the Vampires, who reside in Castle Volkihar. The strongholds serve as new homes for the player, with each featuring unique bonuses. In addition, the Soul Cairn can be visited, which is a plane of Oblivion filled with undead.

Joining the Vampires allows the player to transform into a Vampire Lord at will, along with special accompanying abilities, which can be chosen from a dedicated skill tree. Vampire Lords will be attacked by almost all NPCs on sight, while regular vampires no longer trigger a hostile reaction. A Lycanthropy skill tree is also added, granting new powers and abilities for Skyrim's werewolves.

Dawnguard adds a variety of new enemies throughout Skyrim, including powerful Legendary Dragons, Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls. New weapons, such as the crossbow and Dragonbone weapons, are available, along with new shouts such as Soul Tear, which rips the spirit of a slain enemy from its corpse to fight for the player.

Also included is a new NPC in Riften's Ratway, who can alter a character's appearance (but not race or gender).

Skyrim:Dawnguard - UESPWiki

While not an "official" source, it seems credible.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

sorry i should mention I am on xbox 360!!! sorry sorry sorry!!

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Anyone think I would have better luck finding someone to take my file and just changing the hair and tattoo for me? I will give them COOOOOOOKIES!!!!!!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Just wait for Dawnguard. There's going to be a ~fashion stylist~ NPC in the Ratway who will allow you to change your character's appearance.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Just wait for Dawnguard. There's going to be a ~fashion stylist~ NPC in the Ratway who will allow you to change your character's appearance.

... does not know whether of not to believe...

Xarnac

... does not know whether of not to believe...
It's true, according to new info about the DLC.

But you weren't specifically asking for that in your OP, which is something nobody else seemed to catch, what you want to do (hex edit other features onto your race in a vanilla base game), I do not know if it's possible, for I'm on PC. I know there is mods that can do what you want though.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Im going to virtual glomp all of you lovely people! Im serious!!!!! And while we're at it, lets go glomp Bethesda! Who's with me?!
(BTW I found th page that does talk about it, the woman in the rataway. Thanks for pointing it out!)
Xarnac: Sorry I was trying to ask that but over complicated the question. Basically there was a way to change your playable characters appearance in Oblivion after you left the sewers by hex editing. You could even give them the eyes and hair of the other races. I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing in skyrim. I only have it on xbox lolol! At least you took the time to decode my gibberish lol!

Xarnac

Yeah, wish I could help, maybe ask on the Beth forums, if you haven't already.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

nah. you all probably saved me a lot of trouble by telling me what's all in the expansion. I was just curious.:D

Nakatsu_Hime

I would like the opportunity to change minor apperance options, such as tattoos and hairstyles.

In Reckoning, you can buy a house as in Skyrim, but in that game it comes with a dressing table in your bedroom where you can do such small changes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts