Anywhere for a Vampire to live?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sinistar

I'm currently having a problem on one of my lesser-played characters. A High Elf ex-Dominion Vampire/Demon Lord who, after being wanted in every hold, is seeking a place to sleep and store his trophies. I don't want a house that's located in any city. Is there ANY old ruins/caves in the wild that I could use as a safe house? I'm sure someone out there knows a few sweet spots :)

Dovakiin98

I looked on USEP and it said Rannveig`s Fast,a Nordic ruin south of Morthal is safe to store and I`m almost certain there is a bed there.I`d give you the link if I had any idea how to link stuff.:)

Sinistar

I shall have to check it out. Any sort of secretive lair in the wilderness is welcome. Something I don't need to encounter guards/civilians for.

Dovakiin98

I think you`ll like it,the story behind what`s there now is pretty interesting.I also forgot to add in my first post: welcome to the forums Sinistar!:)

Sinistar

Thank you! I come from a much less-active forum and I noticed over time that I wasn't getting many replies if any helpful/positive input at all.

Anyway, I think this is the tower with the Warlock who has a trap-door that you fall through upon going for a chest? I shall enjoy shoving my voidblade through his back and making his tower mine.

Xarnac

Hjerim pre cleanup. You can get into it vanilla, but on PC it is easier. If you are on PC. Filled with overturned furnishings, rolling mists and bloodied bone remains scattered around the floors, it is a perfect place for a vamp.
ScreenShot17.jpg

Sinistar

Doesn't that require me to do a large portion of the Civil War? Not something I'd be interested in on this character, but I would definitely use that place if I could. Windhelm is home to a rather large number of Nords who are cut off from the rest of Skyrim due to the war and would not know of my High Elf's treachery.

Xarnac

Doesn't that require me to do a large portion of the Civil War? Not something I'd be interested in on this character, but I would definitely use that place if I could. Windhelm is home to a rather large number of Nords who are cut off from the rest of Skyrim due to the war and would not know of my High Elf's treachery.
No, you can get Hjerim just from doing the the serial killer quest in Windhelm, not to spoil or name anything. If you're on PC, you can just use console commands to unlock it and use it pre cleanup. The quest itself is buggy (at least on the PC version) so be weary.

It is also incredibly fun and challenging to go to and from home in the fourth stage of vampirism, in Hjerim/Windhelm. If your on PC though, inhabitable shacks mod makes almost any dwelling secure for storage. If you're on console, Golgo's link below should work.

Sinistar

Here's a List of supposed safe places to live.

AHMAHGOD You are my hero! Thank you! I don't know how many times I googled variations of safe places to store gear and came up with nothing. Should've known the old wiki would have it..even then I wouldn't have found it.

Golgo_SPB

No prob, once place on that list respawned for me though... I forgot which one it was haha.

Also the Abandoned Shack that is apart of DB questline is a free home with a bed. Despite it repawning I believe the dresser is a safe storage place inside the shack.

Lund's Hut near Rorikstead has two safe containers inside, the chest and end table, although the skeevers in and out of Lund's Hut will respawn... they're easy kills though. You also get a bed and a cooking pot.

The Alchemist Shack has a safe end table and free bed with alchemy table.

Sinistar

This is great stuff. Also, anyone else love how when you activate a cloak spell (Frost, Flame) it one-shots your summoned Dremora Lord/Dead Thrall? Grrreaaat.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
When the dlc comes out, you can live in a Vampire castle and become a Vampire Lord, nice castle on it's own island I think.

Golgo_SPB

This is great stuff. Also, anyone else love how when you activate a cloak spell (Frost, Flame) it one-shots your summoned Dremora Lord/Dead Thrall? Grrreaaat.
yeah if I need to kill a thrall quick I just do that. I believe transforming into a werewolf has the same effect... wonder if transforming into a vampire lord will do the same...

Although I think a Dark Elf's Ancestors Wrath power doesn't affect them oddly enough since it is just a flame cloak.

Jaeger

The dark light tower looks cool for a vamp. It's brooding. Has an arcane table and alchemy table.

The Seeker

You want to know one of the most safest places in the game? Go to Labyrinthian and look for a igloo like dome in the middle. You walk inside and you'll find a skeleton on the ground. Next to his body you'll find a wooden mask and when you put it on you are transported back in time to a instanced room where no one can go. You'll find a bunch of chests as well as pots to store stuff in and a dragon priest mask rack which I won't go into detail on for spoilers. Anyway, yea that's one of my secret hideouts. You just go to Labyrinthian when your getting full and put the mask on and then store your stuff then carry on. Not the best hideout, but it is cool and one of the safest.

M'aiq

M'aiq The Liar
M'aiq knows exactly were a vampire can live.
In the darkness.

Pete

While it's not safe, my vampires like Mara's Eye Pond as my country getaway. It has that nice hidden trap door to a secret location feel. Plus there's plenty -o- vampire gore & blood within. Otherwise it's back to the look like your normal in breeze home.