Anyone Slaughter a Slaughterfish?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Okay, fellow Skyrim inhabitants near and far, has anyone had the pleasure of killing one of those pesky little buggers? Standing on the shore or in shallow water doesn't count, as I've done that myself. I'm asking about being fully submerged, swimming along your merry way minding your own business, and then BAM! One or more of them start taking their pound or kilo of flesh out of you.

No luck with trying to draw a weapon under water and hurling a fireball at them isn't an option. Though the latter would solve the seared slaughterfish meal right there. Anyone had any success offing one of these swimming skeevers? And if so, what did you do?

Usually if you swim to shore, they follow you and you can get them. Sometimes they even follow you onto the land and start flopping around like the fools they are :p

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Hey, TDT, you changed your avatar. Nice. This guy looks like some kinda mage, ready to let go with that shock spell he's holding in his right hand. . . .

Hey, TDT, you changed your avatar. Nice. This guy looks like some kinda mage, ready to let go with that shock spell he's holding in his right hand. . . .
Hehe close. Actually it's a character from the PS3 game "Little Big Planet" made to look like Cole McGrath from the inFAMOUS games :D

Sack+Boy1.jpg
cole_mcgrath_karma_buono_by_d3nte-d2y7grb.jpg

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Maybe it is because I've not done much water exploring, but I've not really had many encounters with Slaughterfish. Oblivion was a different matter though. But they are annoying. Speaking of annoying, I'm just glad Skyrim doesn't have Cliff Racers.

^ But the topic of my avatar is in-fact... off topic. I wonder if it's possible to hit fish with a fury spell and make them kill eachother? :D I must try this

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
You would think the sight of a starving Khajiit would scare the slaughterfish away, but no. That, or a Argonian who can breath underwater. If I were a slaughterfish I wouldn't want either one after me to be honest.

It is kind of silly though. You can use the language of dragons to shout a enemy to death but swinging a blade or casting a spell underwater is taboo now. Silly Bethesda.

Slaighterfish are so annoying. Underwater enemies coupled with nonexistent underwater combat is a recipe for disaster. When I meet one, I just kill it with console. :oops:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts