• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
If you join the Dawnguard Serana goes to the Dawnguard the very people who wanna kill her and if you join the Dawnguard you destroy her whole clan including Garan Marethi who she seems to have known before her being imprisoned in that coffin thing and she even chooses to stay with the Dawnguard insted of going to live peacefully with her mom at Castle Volkihar for all eternity she chooses to stay with the very people who hate her and want her dead and thats sad to me and that's why I chooses to join the Volkihar Clan every character I create because it's sad being member of an extremist faction like the Dawnguard and destroy her whole clan and have her live with the very people who hate her and her kind the Dawnguard choose not to see that they're are good vampires out there like Serana and Valerica and the Dawnguard are basically a more extreme Vigilant of Stendarr group and thats another reason why I cant join the Dawnguard even with a Werewolf Character and because it makes no sense being the Listener and Guild Master and being a member of a daedric hating werewolf hating and vampire hating extremist oorganization. I know it's just a game but the serana thing is just sad. Bethesda should have written the Dawnguard DLC better.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
pretty much Serana has lived for thousands of years if she gave up her Vamprism she would not live much longer to her, her life would be over in an instant

tx12001

another thing say your over 4000 years old say 50 or 60 years wont seem that long to you so why would you give immortality up unless you wanted to die.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
You've got to be joking. I feel sorry for aspects of her, such as the ritual that made her a Vampire Lord. I feel sorry for her getting locked in a coffin dor thousands of years (I'm surprised she's not insane). But most of your points are kinda invalid. The fact that the Dawnguard tolerate her at all means they are no where near as extreme as you make them out to be. As for life in an instant, to what life are you referring? Those thousands of years you're talking about were spent in a COFFIN. Her life really begins the moment you free her. Once she is cured she is forever free of Molag Bal's reach. But as a vampire, Bal has claim on her soul.

However, she will refuse a marriage proposal because she doesn't want to go in a temple, and doesn't even consider an outdoor marriage. So yes and no.

You've got to be joking. I feel sorry for aspects of her, such as the ritual that made her a Vampire Lord. I feel sorry for her getting locked in a coffin dor thousands of years (I'm surprised she's not insane). But most of your points are kinda invalid. The fact that the Dawnguard tolerate her at all means they are no where near as extreme as you make them out to be. As for life in an instant, to what life are you referring? Those thousands of years you're talking about were spent in a COFFIN. Her life really begins the moment you free her. Once she is cured she is forever free of Molag Bal's reach. But as a vampire, Bal has claim on her soul.

However, she will refuse a marriage proposal because she doesn't want to go in a temple, and doesn't even consider an outdoor marriage. So yes and no.

Manmangler

Serenas mom promise return, after questline is over.

Edit:
At the end Dawnguard dont hate Serena, at least not their leader. Listen His dialog with Serena after Harkon is defeated.

After Questline with Dawnguard my daedra friendly character(Leader of Thieves Guild too) Ask Serena to turn my PC as vampire

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Serenas mom promise return, after questline is over.

Edit:
At the end Dawnguard dont hate Serena, at least not their leader. Listen His dialog with Serena after Harkon is defeated.

After Questline with Dawnguard my daedra friendly character(Leader of Thieves Guild too) Ask Serena to turn my PC as vampire
I usually don't cure her either because I usually go Vampire Lord. When I retire a character, I usually cure her.

tx12001

what life I am referring to is her Mortal Lifespan, Since she is a several thousand year old vampire lord if she became mortal again she would start aging and 50 or 60 years would not feel very long to someone who has lived for several millennia so she will only live a brief moment in vampire time and then she will be dead.

tx12001

Crossbows, castle, dont like Harkon etc...
No Bloodcursed arrows, No Deathhounds, No rings of Blood Magic, No Amulets of Night Powers, No Coffins to sleep in for Special active effect, No bloodstone Chalice Special Active Effect, No Undead Healing Spells, No people apart from Serana who would accept you for what you are.

tx12001

And No Bloodcursed arrows, No Deathhounds, No rings of Blood Magic, No Amulets of Night Powers, No Coffins to sleep in for Special active effect, No bloodstone Chalice Special Active Effect, No Undead Healing Spells, No people apart from Serana who would accept you for what you are, No way to fix the path to the soul cairn so you have to fast travel or go through the undercroft. No Free Cattle to feed upon, No leadership of one of the two Groups

Manmangler

No Bloodcursed arrows, No Deathhounds, No rings of Blood Magic, No Amulets of Night Powers, No Coffins to sleep in for Special active effect, No bloodstone Chalice Special Active Effect, No Undead Healing Spells, No people apart from Serana who would accept you for what you are.
I can still get Bloodcursed arrows, if Serena is vampire. How about other coffins like hearthfire.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I see Serana as a victim of her parents' upbringing. You know, the kind of parents that think they know best for their child and make all life decisions for her, like OFFERING HER UP TO MOLAG BAL. So her choice to side with the Dawnguard is borne of her liberation from her parents' influence. She finally is free to make her own life decisions.

If her parents weren't so overbearing, she probably would never have become a vampire in the first place. She might have become a Dovakiin! In fact, she is quite vocal about wanting to stay with the Dovakiin even after her father is vanquished. Hanging around with the Dawnguard is her second choice--after you've given her the boot!