• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jon.fra.sim

We all know that your horse fast travels with you even if your not on it.

This happened to me last night:

Oh look a Dragon, YAS!
Come here dragon dragon dragon I won't hurt you I just want to talk.
Damn it dragon COME HERE!
Hmmmm what is the dragon fighting over the brow of that hill?
Oh it's my bloody horse that I didn't even ride here.
And oh look at that the dragon has killed mr horsey.
That's another 1000g wasted.

Another circumstance:

Jaunt up to a dungeon.
Park horse a distance away from entrance.
Start to sneak up on guards.
What's that noise?
Oh is buffo the wonder horse charging the guards.
Oh and now I'm detected.
No sneak bonus on my bow and arrow for me.
Thanks Buffo!

Happened to anyone else?
Question and comments welcome.

I'm thinking of just not buying another horse when this one dies.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Happened to me a few times yes! Can't I wonder if there is any way you can store your horse in the stables outside a town for that day that they will actually be useful! Cause right now I am Hating my horse!!!

If I can't store him anywhere...I think i will just kill it myself and not buy another horse and just keep to running on foot.

Traveling with the horse sucks anyway. Cause there you are on the horsey and "boom!!" you see something you want to kill then you first have to get off (which takes forever) then run up and kill it, then get back on the horse and take 10 steps forward and "boom!!" another thing you want to kill. SIGH!!!! :confused:

jon.fra.sim

Oh yeah you can kill your own horse!
When I get back from work that is the first thing I am doing.
Buffo; your days are numbered.

Onyx

We all know that your horse fast travels with you even if your not on it.

This happened to me last night:

Oh look a Dragon, YAS!
Come here dragon dragon dragon I won't hurt you I just want to talk.
Damn it dragon COME HERE!
Hmmmm what is the dragon fighting over the brow of that hill?
Oh it's my bloody horse that I didn't even ride here.
And oh look at that the dragon has killed mr horsey.
That's another 1000g wasted.

Another circumstance:

Jaunt up to a dungeon.
Park horse a distance away from entrance.
Start to sneak up on guards.
What's that noise?
Oh is buffo the wonder horse charging the guards.
Oh and now I'm detected.
No sneak bonus on my bow and arrow for me.
Thanks Buffo!

Happened to anyone else?
Question and comments welcome.

I'm thinking of just not buying another horse when this one dies.
Yes it does....I HATE HORSES! I have been forced to have Shadowmere and serioslly....I am an Assassin and I cannot sneak without that bloody psycho horse charging in...next time I let him die!

Also Dragons always go for the horse! At least give us an option to stable them or something...

Bethesda...your horses have some serious anger management issues....

Kasha

I stole a horse, rode it, dragon came, it caught a case of the rigor mortis. I left it in a middle of a woods, and left it there, and thats about much as i have dealt with horses.

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
I can't tell you how many times I've had to ride Shadowmere far off in the distance just so he wouldn't blindly charge the area I was going into. Thank god Frost was killed by a Giant, that horse was utterly useless. How it became a unique horse is beyond me; the only thing different about it is it's name and it's free.

Would be nice if you could command your horse to stay where it was, although spawning everywhere you do is convenient at times, having to save its ass over and over is not.

Onyx

Good point, although I counter with the fact the horse has to be alive for you to use it in said fashion...it seems this is a skill beyond my current steeds.

Think I need to track down the horse whisperer....

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
You might want to check out Shadowmere, I use that horse and it at least stays alive when I need it to for the most part. Although it is a bit aggressive, so if your having trouble with your current horse attacking enemy's then Shadowmere will be a huge headache. I usually leave it out in the middle of nowhere if I'm going somewhere I don't want it to accompany me at, or beat me too (it likes to charge absolutely everything).

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
The Horses need a big improvement on this game. Can't fight on them, can't call them and they fight themselves. Horses on RDR were win though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts