anyone else dissapointed with the thieves guild in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cannabyss

I love how people just assume that because I play a battle-mage that there's no way I can be using any RP elements by joining the Thieves Guild. You see, as a boy Detrius was fascinated by the tales of the infamous Grey Fox and aspired to be a great thief. However both of his parents were accomplished mages and forced him down said path, while Detrius' aspiration was cast aside. So, when it came to it and Detrius, now a man and Dovahkiin, as well as the arch Mage at the College of Winterhold, when he was confronted by a member of the Thieves Guild and was given the chance, he considered his childhood dream and went with his heart rather than his gut. Through perseverance and the use of Illusion magicka, Detrius managed to rise through the ranks and realize his longterm goal. So ha.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
^ My Khajiit Rogue did the same... but i looked 10x better doing it.
While your Battle Mage can surely become a good thief. You'll never have my style ;)

Necromis

Cannabyss, your character is probably the exception rather than the norm for those that elect to be battle mages. Yes, any arch-type can RP into the thievies guild if there is a reason. I was just saying the norm of arch-types typically would not go thievies guild as it is typically against thair nature. Tell me a paladin type arch-type would choose the same course legitimately. LOL

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I play a battle mage and didn’t bother with the TG until there were nothing else left to do.

I think it's bugged out on me or i just can't be bothered to work out how to open a gate in the Dwemer dungeon when we're looking for Mercer. One Dwemer dungeon too many for me.

The UESP wiki says:
To open the door in the next room, you have to activate the levers on either side of the room overlooking the camp - these levers activate gears to either side of the gate, so you must reach the second lever before the gears activated by the first stop turning.
but offers no explanation on how to do this, I suppose whirlwind sprint is involved?

Necromis

no it was regular sprinting. I had the longest time figuring that one out, too. You just have to run from one side to the other from the two levers, so unfortunately that is one room you have to kill all the falmer even if normally you were just stealthing thru that dungeon

Tryn

Premium Member
I'm guessing you haven't completed the special region specific quests after the main quest line? If you complete all those, the Ragged Flagon will get 4(?) new vendors from which you can buy and sell things, two more recruits, a new set of armour called the "guild master's armour" as well as a tribute chest where your thieves guild subordinates will fill with some gold and precious gems every few days. So there are actually quite a few benefits with becoming the leader of the thieves guild.
How do you activate the region-specific quests? I think I've gotten three so far, but they come at random times. I've done countless other thieving missions but they've yet to promote me.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How do you activate the region-specific quests? I think I've gotten three so far, but they come at random times. I've done countless other thieving missions but they've yet to promote me.
You get a Reputation Quest for each Hold after you've completed a total of 5 Thieves Guild Special Jobs in that Hold for Vex and Delvin.