Anybody else bothered by the fact...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ponchosam

Ah, I see then. In that case, I would guess they wouldn't render footprints due to the performance strain. All those extra decals taking up consoles already limited.... performeyness? I don't know if consoles have RAM.

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Noticed it the other day honestly. And now it bugs me every time I play.

Unit7

I chalk it up to being Nord. We nords have figured a way to move on the snow without leaving footprints.

Though I suppose the snow itself could just be hard... I mean it is actually possible to walk on snow without leaving obvious footmarks.

Then again I don't go around during winter wearing close to three hundred pounds of armor and items.

I believe footprints were actually shown in that Skyrim whatsitcalled video that showcased some of the potential stuff. It was the video with the mudcrab... I really want to fight it.

I noticed it ounce bothered me for a day then i noticed when you walk up stairs your feet sink into the stairs... really bothers me

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I think it was mentioned in the Gamejam, we might see it in a future update or DLC. I'd personally like it though.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Well, if we're following this train of thought...

-Why isn't there an indent in bed/pillows when you go to sleep?
-Why don't the trees bend out of your way when you go smashing through the woods?
-Why do the bears rotate when they start coming after you instead of actually using their feet to turn around like normal creatures?
-Why doesn't your armour get soaked and possibly cause a slower regen of stamina after you go for a swim?

PoisonPen

What bothers me are those large iron torch brackets, every single one of which is installed backwards. Check it out. The two flanges on the side which are supposed to be flush against the wall stick outward instead. Once you see it, you can never unsee it. And they're everywhere. :sadface:

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Doesn't bother me in the least. Like Raijin said, I'd like to see all the bugs and glitches fixed before focusing on such a trivial matter.

Exelex

I myself never noticed, but now that I actually look, it's awkward that they couldn't at least have added footprints.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
I'd rather my frame rate stay higher than to have footprints in the snow. I'm sure the texture itself would be minimal, but keeping track of where they were would be crazy.

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
What bothers me are those large iron torch brackets, every single one of which is installed backwards. Check it out. The two flanges on the side which are supposed to be flush against the wall stick outward instead. Once you see it, you can never unsee it. And they're everywhere. :sadface:
Now I'm going to have to look for this. Thanks.

DarkEastwood

I'm bothered by the fact that theirs still glitches in the game that hasn't been fixed yet. Not showing foot prints is the least of my concern right now. I just want these glitches to be fixed.
Honestly, my Xbox one is completely unpatched and it hardly ever bugs. I was surprised by the amount of people complaining at launch and currently that complain about the bugs. Luck of the draw I suppose.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

we're dovahkins. we don't neeeed to leave footprints in the snow... only the bodies of those foolish enough to challenge our supreme power!. lol
but seriously, yes it kinda bothers me. wasn't it something that bethesda wanted to add though in a patch?

To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed it that much in the game. A patch giving the ability to leave footprints in the snow would be pretty neat though.

What really bothers me though is sort of the lack of weather in the game. Sure there is rain, but there are no large storms. Wouldn't it just be awesome to be wondering Skyrim and a huge thunderstorm strikes the province.