any tips on filling gems as assassin?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tomaja

Are there any useful tricks to fill the gems as an assassin? Casting this spell effectively gives away my position which is not good as a sneaky char. I guess muffle could do the trick but someow i dont fency the idea of leveling yet another tree.

Btw, I really got into my assassin. Read a few guides but decided to apply this "perk as you go" approach and this work extremely well for me. Play, see what you use most and what suits you, perk accordingly. E.g. extrapockets deemed useless in these guides - for me - just perfect as I don't use any follower neither a horse - personal preference. Or merchant - makes life easier for me a lot. I'm thinking about getting fece perk - this would be nice as I really got into stealing stuff now :) but I don't feel like developing speech - have to find some ways to power level it somehow.

tomaja

Ok. but first I need to find one. any tips on where i can get the enchantment from? just visit stores and buy stuff with it and disenchnat?

Twiffle

The best place i find for soul trap enchantment is usually blacksmiths, as you say the spell is useless for your style. So i quick visit to all the smiths will yield one, if your a member of the Thieves guild Tonilia usually has a wide array of enchanted daggers so go see her.

JoeReese

Ok. but first I need to find one. any tips on where i can get the enchantment from? just visit stores and buy stuff with it and disenchnat?
Yep. Exactly. Be sure and buy/disenchant the cheaper of the items though. It doesn't matter how many seconds on the enchantment, as you can only enchant what your own skill will allow, so buy the cheapest possible soul trap. Of course, be prepared to get dozens of them in loot, immediately after spending money on one.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Are there any useful tricks to fill the gems as an assassin? Casting this spell effectively gives away my position which is not good as a sneaky char. I guess muffle could do the trick but someow i dont fency the idea of leveling yet another tree.

Btw, I really got into my assassin. Read a few guides but decided to apply this "perk as you go" approach and this work extremely well for me. Play, see what you use most and what suits you, perk accordingly. E.g. extrapockets deemed useless in these guides - for me - just perfect as I don't use any follower neither a horse - personal preference. Or merchant - makes life easier for me a lot. I'm thinking about getting fece perk - this would be nice as I really got into stealing stuff now :) but I don't feel like developing speech - have to find some ways to power level it somehow.

Like Twiffle said, visit blacksmiths, Khajiit caravans, and general stores. You're bound to hit one. It's a fairly common enchantment.

Don't waste your Perks on Speech. By the time you get to the Fence Perk, you'll be rolling in coin and there are easier ways to get rid of stolen items: join the Thieves' Guild. Fully completing that questline will unlock fences all over Skyrim as well as many new shops in the Ragged Flagon. As for leveling Speech, buy and sell items one at a time. It's tedious but it'll level it faster. Also, the more expensive the item you buy/sell the faster it raises. This goes hand in hand with Alchemy. Make expensive potions to level Alchemy then sell them for profit and raise Speech as well.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Def go for the soul trap enchantment as said, a very useful enchant when crafting.

tomaja

Thanks guys. But I took merchant perk and I really like it - personal preference and convenience. I also like this increased carrying capacity perk a lot. The two really come in handy. besides I i will have more then enough perks for what I have in mind.

I got this knosis lockpick alch bow mask - took me several tries but with an invisibility potion and double dagger sneak attack it was one shot. and the dragon didnt even knows im here :)

I tried to dispose of this mask guy with a bow but then the dragon was alerted and i couldnt pull it off on novice:sadface: but with sneak I manageed on expert :) like this sneak char - completely new gamestyle for me.

Btw, i have now ring 15% alch and mask 20% alch so no need to craft alch gear now?

The two a/m bonuses are displayed under "P" so i guess bboth are active?

But why the archery bonus from hood and mask do not stack - i can wear and actually wear both but only see one archery bonus 20% from the mask. why?

and I actually joined the TG. I now only run quests for DB and TG. Main quest just the first two to make dragons appear as it adds some thrill and flavor to the game. will finish the mainstory later.

JoeReese

I'm taking a guess here, because I generally toss the priest masks into a display case, but they come with their own hood of sorts. Are you sure you're actually wearing both hood and mask, or is it the mask's built in hood you see?

As far as making new alchemy gear, it's always beneficial to review your equipment every so often. As your enchanting skill grows, you will surpass the enchantment power on the items you've found. So, if you've got a 20% mask, and a 15% ring, you also have room for a necklace and gloves or bracers. If you disenchant the 15% ring, but put the same enchantment on three other items, even if you can only enchant at 8% each, you've still gained 24 total.

At an enchanting score of 100 with the appropriate perks, you should exceed 25% per item, which gives you a 100% increase. Just check them out on occasion, and take an empty necklace and soul gem to an enchanter. If you load up the enchantment and it isn't strong enough to bother replacing the old equipment, simply back out of the enchanter without hitting create.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I think the answer to the mask/hood bonuses is that as far I know, both reside in the same equipment slot and only 1 set of enchantments can be used on a given equipment slot.

Unless you have a mod in play, typically the dragon priest mask has its own hood. There is a mod out there that makes the dragon priest masks just the masks themselves thus making them equipable with other headgear. I don't know if that alters the functionality of which enchantments are active or not.

tomaja

Now I get it. So I will disenchan the ring ad try other pieces of apparel. thank you for your assisstance :)

AS88

Staff member
Ironbind Barrow might be of interest to you. There's a battleaxe in there with the Fiery Soul Trap enchantment, which sounds like it would be really useful for you to use to enchant a bow/dagger.

There's also Bloodthorn at Hag's End, which is a unique named Steel Dagger with a Soul Trap enchantment

Torok

Black soul gems, enchants of soul trap on weapons.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Either that, or hope to find it as random loot.

There's also the mace of Molag Bol.
True, but it's a little hard to assassinate anyone with a mace.

I find items with the enchantment all over the place. Of course, I'll even occassionally buy myself a hunting bow or something with it as it only costs a few hundred septims if I'm feeling lazy.

Tip when enchanting using the enchantment, just reduce it to 1 second. No need for all the seconds.

BTW - go to Morthal, any necromancer den or join the college and stock up on blocks and get the Black Star. As an assassin, I'm assuming you're killing people, so you probably want to collect their souls. Besides, bunny assassin just doesn't have the same cache!

JoeReese

Either that, or hope to find it as random loot.

There's also the mace of Molag Bol.
True, but it's a little hard to assassinate anyone with a mace.

I find items with the enchantment all over the place. Of course, I'll even occassionally buy myself a hunting bow or something with it as it only costs a few hundred septims if I'm feeling lazy.

Tip when enchanting using the enchantment, just reduce it to 1 second. No need for all the seconds.

BTW - go to Morthal, any necromancer den or join the college and stock up on blocks and get the Black Star. As an assassin, I'm assuming you're killing people, so you probably want to collect their souls. Besides, bunny assassin just doesn't have the same cache!
Big Mac assassin. Nommmm.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
You'll find a soul trap enchanted weapon soon enough. They're pretty common loot and very often blacksmiths and general store owners have them. Then put the enchantment on a dagger and use two daggers at once when you backstab someone. If you get into an actual fight (against a wolf or something difficult to sneak up on) put the soul trap dagger in your left hand, stab them once, then hack away with a sword, axe or mace to get the kill