Annoying habbit finnaly broke, but who else is still infected

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
All my life when playing r.p.g games I have always felt the need to start over mid way to try a new character, This was worse with elder scrolls games especially skyrim. I used to have 3 or so different saves a week! Thus making me bored fast and making an awsome 200+hour game seem like an ok 50-hours and making me want to take back some of the things I said on this forum and replace morrowind as my fravorite with skyrim, latley I broke the habbit but how many more of you still do this?

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

... *slowly raises hand*
But mostly because something would glitch and I would only have one save or I would want to change my characters appearance. Yes I am THAT picky!

Golgo_SPB

I do the same thing, I like making weird builds, but recently my "death knight" character I've stayed with the longest. This is because I'm mostly testing Dead Thrall candidates out, thus I'll be much more knowledgeable for when I make a full blown necromancer/support character.

Hunfar

I have some old saves, unfortunately my PS3 is low on memory so I have to store saves on my PC (or else it overrides) and transfer data back and forth. This is the main reason why I tend to stick with each character longer, but they do get old fast.

Atm I have:
Bosmer hunter/assasin
Dunmer battlemage
Orc barbarion/warrior
Nord woodsman
Argonian paladin (sort of, complex build)

Had others, deleted them though.

For me, the tendency to restart with a new character is mainly because the first levels are by far the most interesting. Once I get to the point where I have more money than I can spend, and my weapon, armor and spells are all pretty god, the game becomes more boring and I start a new one. Somehow the challenge does not seem to level up enough for me but. I am not sure I have a solution.

sahqonsah

I do it constantly over the slightest thing, I make like 5 characters a week and I usual restart around level 20 when I realise that I don't like my characters eye colour or my hairstyle don't match my outfit, or if I marry the wrong spouse or I put a single perk in a skill tree I don't use. I usually plan out my skills before I play and if I decide I like something else I'll start over immediately. Also, any of my character that are non nords don't tend to make it past level 10.

TheOtherTed

I've been doing relatively well so far - "relatively," because I'm a terrible altoholic in games where alts are meaningful. Only two "false starts" so far, and I've settled on only two characters.

It helped a lot to send the second character to Riften to do the Thieves' Guild stuff right after the Whiterun dragon bit (I like dragons in my skies - even if my thief just cowers under the nearest tree and waits for the dragon to get bored). For the moment, the two characters are doing qualitatively different types of quests in different areas, which keeps it fresh for both. And neither have any intention of getting involved in the war, so that leaves a huge chunk of storyline open for a third (and fourth?) character.

The day may come when the characters' storylines converge, but I'll worry about that when it happens.

Still doin it...I love my stealthy thief/DB bosmer that I've played for quite a few weeks now. Then all of a sudden, throat slashing death cams and skulking became old and I rolled a 2h nord. Before that, I was playing a sword and shield nord and quit the same way after a bulk of quests and progress...

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Mmm, I am finally over that...at least for now. I'm determined to finish everything I can in the game with my current build (having had many other previous characters).

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I must confess, Only one of my character has survived to the 40+ level range and that was my beloved assassin.....that now does not exist because my little brother deserves to be strangled

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I must confess, Only one of my character has survived to the 40+ level range and that was my beloved assassin.....that now does not exist because my little brother deserves to be strangled

At least you can blame your brother for the loss of your files. My PS3 went RSOD on me and took all seven of my prior characters with it...had to start from scratch.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Lol, I don't blame him, he was attempting to fix a totally seperate issue, and I hadn't played that char in like a month anyways, sucks about your having to start from scratch though, I feel for ya

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts