• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Brynn winked as Garret gave her the bottle, shooking her head. She looked at the Thorrsons and apologised for her intrusion. Jace presented himself and his brother, and then asked: "And who is this fine lady?" Garret grabbed her far shoulder: "Brynn Raoulfr, fine nord lass, here to join the rebellion, just like me"

"This rebellion you speak of... Well you do know none of us are fighters.But we do like to create trouble... Maybe we'll join in. For old times sake."

Garret nodded in agreement to Rogga. "Now, I shall let you get acquainted and leave, for there are important things I must debate along Skwitzgarr." Garret got up from his chair, leaving three septims for the bartender to take. He walked to Skwitzgarr, remembering the letters he used to write to him. Skwitzgarr has been planning the rebellion for quite some time, yet there were many things Garret didn't knew about. As he got closer to him, Garret was just in the right range to hear Jokar question Skwitzgarr in a challenging manner:

"I think your information is outsourced, these men were not laughing I can ensure you that. Why would we follow you?"

Although Garret thought of Skwitzgarr as a potent leader, he didn't knew the man as much as he'd like to admit. And there was clearly a problem about him being to fast and careless. He awaited the answer of his soon to be leader.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    "My name is Jace Thorsson."

Brynn gave accepted Jace’s arm graciously, an enthralling smile gracing her lips. Her azure gaze falling on his own eyes she remarked their strange if not somewhat striking colour. She saw also in those eyes a curiosity that seemed directed at her.

"And this is my brother Rogga. We're old friends of Garret."

She followed the introduction of Rogga with a polite nod and a friendly smile in his direction.

"And who is this fine lady?"

Brynn could feel the weight of a hand on her shoulder but kept her attention on Jace knowing it was that of Garret.

"Brynn Raoulfr, fine nord lass, here to join the rebellion, just like me"

“Indeed, it is a pleasure to meet the two of you. Rogga” she repeated their names looking at each in turn “And Jace. What brings you here?”

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Malpenar pulled his dai-katana away from the body of the stormcloak he struck his blade with, the nord's strength still allowed him to raise his blade but couldn't muster enough to bring it down at the imperial - commendable, futile, but commendable in Malpenar's mind all the same.

A quick gander of the inn and he saw that the crimson performance is done, groans from the downed men rang in his ears like applause to a show well done. "Jolly good show, everyone. Jolly good show, indeed!" he said as he make his way towards his scabbard, picking it up and sheathing his blade - not even making an attempt to clean his still blood-covered sword - slinging it to his shoulder as it was covered.

He searched the room for the brown-haired woman who allured him so, making his way towards the bar where she is - avoiding the dead bodies out of respect. "Barkeep!" he called out as he tapped the counter, the man standing up from his spot - not because he was fearful for his life, but because he wanted to make sure his recently cleaned utensils were not stained by blood. "Colovian Brandy for this fine work of a lady!" he said, his arm in front of the nord woman - like showcasing a grand piece in a museum.

"We dun got no C'lovien Brandeh." said the barkeep, an indifferent look on his face - if he wasn't alive and breathing, he could be mistaken for a zombie. Malpenar leaned in close and grabbed the man by the back of his neck, bringing his mouth to his ear. "Well give her something better than what she's having! You're embarrassing me, man!" a strong whisper did he made.

Malpenar turned his attention towards the woman and leaned back from the bar as he await the barkeep do his business. "You displayed such grace back there, m'lady. Almost like a painter - like that legendary painting mer back in Cheydinhal." the imperial stepped back once again before continuing. "Oh where are my manners? My apologies. Malpenar Valeius, pleased to make your acquaintance."

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Before ether of her new aquaintences a voice could be heard calling out from near to Brynn. "Barkeep!" The voice summoned the allusive bartender "Colovian Brandy for this fine work of a lady!

Brynns eyes crinkled as she smiled, the man most interesting way of exhibiting her with his gestures. His arms extended making her out to be the center of attention.

"We dun got no C'lovien Brandeh."Figures Brynn beamed as she shook her head at both the situation as well as the seeming lack of intelligence present in the bartender. The situation seemed to become even more comical as the man who always seemd to have something witty flying from his mouth or displayed in his actions reached over and drew the unresponsive bartender in closer. He began to execute what Brynn assumed was an attempt at whispering scolding the bartender on his apparent lack of class.

"Well give her something better than what she's having! You're embarrassing me, man!" With a a graceful flourish the man turned to give his full attention to the blue eyes maiden who was so enjoying his antics.

"You displayed such grace back there, m'lady.” He complimented her “ Almost like a painter - like that legendary painting mer back in Cheydinhal."the imperial stepped back once again before continuing. Oh where are my manners? My apologies. Malpenar Valeius, pleased to make your acquaintance."

“Brynn Ráðúlfr” she stated extending her free hand to meet his own in a poised hover . “and the pleasure is mine. I thank you for your wonderfully worded praise and reciprocate it as well. You fought well. I have always thought that fighting was an art, a steel dance if you will. The most dangerous dance. But to be compared to such beautiful masterpieces, you flatter me.”

She took a second to take the man in and felt a compulsory comment rise airily to the surface. “I couldn’t help but to notice your raiment,” her voice was full of approval. “and don’t expect much from the Bartender, its unlikely he will meet your level of taste”

UnLonged

True to the Name
    "Oh sweet shieldmaiden." he exclaimed, bowing down with a raised arm and a hand that spun a few times that stopped as soon as he did. "You're very presence in Nirn is a magnificent gift." he swiftly grabbed the nord's hand and kissed it lightly. "It would be of such great privilege to dance alongside you." the woman's words bringing a joy in Malpenar which he hasn't felt for a long time.

Wanting to present himself better to his company, he straightened his posture and brushed off the loose locks that fall in front of his face with his hand - jet black hair shining in the light of the fire pit.

Malpenar shook his head the moment he hear the word 'flattery.' "M'lady, flattery is a shameless act made by those who possess ulterior motives. My picturing of you are of honest words."

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Skwitzgarr gave a heavy huff of breath as he sheathed his sword, a mess of slaughtered stormcloak soldiers surrounding him. Some of the locals had already started to drag the bodies away and began fixing broken tables and other debris. "I'm uh, sorry about the mess Skuli..." the Nord pleaded, scratching the back of his head nervously. "Eh, don't worry about it, I'll just put in on your tab lad," an older looking man shrugged his soldiers and continued to clean out mugs. By now a few of those around him gave looks of discontent, and began to question his abilities as a leader, particularly Jokar and Dandre. "Be silenced," Skwitzgarr sighed with closed eyes, suddenly opening them and giving a look of scowl at the two. "I'll admit, I might've been mistaken about the idle laughter, I'll submit to criticism for that, but don't ever smudge my leadership," he demanded. "I would die in the place of any and all the peoples of this land, and any one of them for me! These folk are my kin, children of the sky! I would command each and every one of them to glory and freedom, and they would follow me into battle against all odds so that our home may be purged of corruption once more," he exclaimed in triumph. "This cause is not for my personal glory, I fight for peace, do not mistake me for a silver tongued Bard, my words are true. If thou so doubt my leadership, don't feel inclined to stay. If you want to go down in the histories as Harbingers of the New Age, then I suggest you heed my advice."

With that, the Warrior stood up, pushed through the crowd and exited the Inn. Sky black as the pits of Hell, only the dull shine of the moon escaped the darkness and illuminated the thin clouds above. Skwitzgarr perched himself on a rock overlooking the hills, staring at the night. He could see faint fires in the distance, coming from an Cradle Stone Tower, inhabited by the foul Hagraven no less, he scrunched his face upon thinking of it.

Torok

Dandre watched Skwitzgarr as he exited the inn. He then went over to an empty table and sat down. He wanted to wait until the attack on Markarth tonight. He hated the fact that he had to rely on an army to get him into Markarth, but what was he to do? He had gone in that city several times, but it was either to kill or get a contract, never to rescue. This was beyond his area of expertise.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Garret stood and listened to Skwitzgarr's speech. He was somewhat annoyed, probably by how many people have questioned his leadership. As he spoke, the crowd grew silent, many were listening to him.

"This cause is not for my personal glory, I fight for peace, do not mistake me for a silver tongued Bard, my words are true. If thou so doubt my leadership, don't feel inclined to stay. If you want to go down in the histories as Harbingers of the New Age, then I suggest you heed my advice."

With those said, he made his way out of the crowd and exited the inn. Garret sat down on a nearby table, as he was searching for something in one of his satchels. After some time he pulled out a large yellow elixir, which he drank soon afterwards. He pushed the crowd aside and got outside, to find Skwitzgarr on a rock, gazing at the skies. Garret walked over to him silently, wanting not to disturb him.

As he got closer he gently placed his arm on Skwitzgarr's shoulder.
    "Hey mate" Said Garret, silent, yet clear.
    "I can imagine you came here so you won't be disturbed, but I must talk to ya'"

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Jace kept an eye on the woman Garret had called Brynn. “Indeed, it is a pleasure to meet the two of you. Rogga” Brynn repeated their names looking at each in turn “And Jace. What brings you here?” Rogga and Jace took a short moment to look at each other, trying to give signs of how much they should reveal. "Well, Brynn? Was it? We're just on our way to Markarth." Rogga added a smile to the end of his sentance. "But the wind almost forced us to go here." Jace finished, still not looking away from Brynn. "And luckily we ran into our old friend Garret." "And you of course" As Jace said the last sentance he got a small halfsmile, and he dragged his blond hair back.

As the brothers spoke to Brynn, am Imperial came towards them calling for the barkeep. Jace focused his hearing on the Imperial as he spoke to the barkeep."Well give her something better than what she's having! You're embarrassing me, man!" The Imperial held the keeper by the neck, talking directly into his ears. Then when he was done he turned over to Brynn and started to compliment her. Jace could clarly see that the man had some interest in her, and he couldn't exactly blame him.

"It would be of such great privilege to dance alongside you." The Imperial grabbed Brynn's hand and kissed it. Brynn looked over at the Thorssons, but kept silent. Jace smiled at her before saying: "Please do. My brother is good enough company for me." Rogga laughed at his brother's comment before he signaled for Brynn to join the man. "Just treat her as a woman should be treated." Jace looked at the Imperial with a slight smile and then raised his bottle to him.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn had heard both the offer as well as the approval and yet did not move. She looked around the albeit crowded Inn with an uncertainty. She did not dance the mans assumed type of dance. She did not dance at all, at least not around others. With an almost sad smile she turned her head to the man who had extended his hand to her, asking for a dance.

“My apologies, you seem like a gentleman in all regards it is only that if I were to dance it would not be suitable to do so in this place.” She would let them make of that what they may. She elaborated no future. “If you don’t mind terribly,” after saying which she turned her attention and her body towards Jace putting a hand on his chest, directing her eyes to his face “I would like to sit down, with these gentlemen if they wouldn't mind terribly.”

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    After some time spent in the company of himself, Skwtizgarr was in a far better mood, having recharging his optimistic attitude, ready to address all issues thrusted upon him. The Rebel was about to get up and go back inside, when Garrett approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Ah Garrett, what troubles you brother?" Skwitzgarr asked warmly, always having been fond of the man since they came into contact a while back.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Malpenar stood still and stiff, processing what the woman said to her in his head, removing the confused look on his face as he straightened his coat before speaking up. "Oh my dear lady, you misunderstood me." he said, Brynn amusing him somewhat for her rightly placed naivety on his slightly cryptic statements, looking at her intently as she direct her attention to the three gentlemen at the bar whom she was speaking to earlier. “If you don’t mind terribly, I would like to sit down, with these gentlemen if they wouldn't mind terribly.”

"I wouldn't mind at all. We would indeed share the ground to do a dance soon, anyway. The kind of red dance that we both enjoy." he said with a smile formed in truth which the woman could have easily missed as he turned his back to look at the rest of the inn. "The kind of dance which was performed here but a few moments ago." he brought out his arms to a full stretch in front of him, his vision still holding the bloody visage of the inn despite it being cleaned of it, releasing a sigh of satisfaction.

"I bit you a temporary adieu," he turned swiftly back at the small group at the bar and did a humble nod of the head as he faced each one of them. "gentlemen, mademoiselle." the last word of courteous tone said to Brynn with sharp eyes looking at her. Not the type to actually lower himself to be completely polite, he stood up from his bow and approached the bar to grab his half-finished drink before walking away and leaving their company. "Now, where is our great leader with many titles?"

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Jokar smiled thinly as Skwitzgarr left the building, his response was fair enough, he knew how to hold a speech at the least.

There'll be more time for planning later. He decided.

A few rebels walked to the dead Stormcloaks and lifted them, preparing to make the dead enemies fly into eternal exile from the inn. He spotted the small streams of blood gently pouring down to contrast with the stone-layered floor, he felt the bloodthirst rise at this, but he pushed the urge to feed down again, as he learnt to do around people, the thirst was always there, but he learnt to ignore it, one of the largest acts of self-control he knew of.

“If you don’t mind terribly, I would like to sit down, with these gentlemen if they wouldn't mind terribly.” He recognized that voice. He spun around to locate her, how long had it been? Years?
    "Brynn?" He asked to non in particular, a rebel turned to look at him with drunken eyes, but frowned and turned back to conversate when he realized his name was not Brynn.

He walked towards her, and the men seated with her, just as another elegantly left their company, he stopped about four-five metres from her, waiting for her to see him, perhaps she wouldn't recognzie him, without the lice-filled beard and the ragged and torn robes he wore back when they met, but he remembered her. The woman that saved his life.

He smiled as he though out the perfect scheme in his mind. Still smiling, he walked up to the table where they sat, and grabbed a small purse of gold. From behind her, he slammed the purse of gold in front of her on the table, still leaned over to the table, he silently spoke, with his lips nearing her ear:

"This makes us even in Septims, but I still have a life to save for you." He smiled, would she remember the way she had slammed the purse down in front of him so long ago in Markarth? Or did he just make himself seem a fool in front of his future "rebel-comrades"?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    "Ah Garrett, what troubles you brother?"

Skwitzgarr seemed like he was in a far better mood then before. His voice was relaxed, and his words were warm. That would make Garret think he calmed down, he seemed quite angry when he made his way out of the inn. Although Garret had little to no experience as a leader, people that are close to him would instinctively go to him and ask for advice. He was good at finding a solution to any problem, however he wouldn't want to make a profession out of it, mainly because of the burden it carries. As a leader, one dose not wait for people to ask him for advice, he spits out his orders and others have to follow whether they like it or not.

A leader must also gain the trust and respect of his crew. This, maybe, was the hardest part, and Garret understood that. Although Skwitzgarr's words were warm, Garret's next words might have sounded like a slur

"Listen mate, I don't know or care what the others think, but I for one believe that you possess the skill required kick Ulfric's ass off the throne. However..." he changed his tone to a more aggressive one "you should have told me about this army you're building. The forsworn, Haafingar, Falkreath, there are hundreds of men fighting if they join us. I agreed to offer potions and poisons to you and the resistance but I never expected so many people. Time is not a problem, I can get those done fairly quickly, but there is the matter of resources. If you want each of the men fighting to have a healing potion on them, I can do that if you offer me some wheat and mountain flowers. However if you want your army to be fierce, I can make sure that everyone has a poison on him, ready to use, as well as some stamina potions and some special mixtures. That will, of course, require more resources. It's your call mate, but either way, I don't have nearly enough ingredients."

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn had slid smoothly into her place at the table, a pleasant smile adorning her lips. Her pattern of light talk and airy smiles would have continued as it had started if not for the first, the smallest of the interruptions. The nord looked over her shoulder, she had thought she had heard her name yet she was too late. She had caught the dying sounds of her name by the tail but could not have located its origins for any sum of gold. With a slightly confused look fogging momentarily her sunny aura she turned her attention back to those at her table to exchange pleasantries once again as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

She had not to wait long however for the source of her confusion to appear. With a loud almost angry thud of coins hitting the table and with the uttering of a few heavy words everything fell into place and memories flashed before her eyes. She could hear the same intrusive sound of coins being slammed down agaist a bar top as an echo in a memory from perhaps a year past. She could taste the venom on her tongue as she spat at the bigoted bartender of her memory. She could feel the fire in her eyes and the anger in her heart buring. Most of all however she remembered that voice and the face she had seen so long ago.

Tribunal bless you Lady! Y-you're the first to sho-... to bother with me in months.

Taking a deep breath she shook herself internally, awaking from her gander down the road of memories. Looking at the purse of coins Brynn smiled and responded with the type of sweetness reserved for an old friend as she had that year ago.

“It is my pleasure, to help a fellow traveler.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    “It is my pleasure, to help a fellow traveler.

He wanted to burst out into laughter at the remark, but he settled for a small grin, careful not to reveal his fangs, some could be less understanding with the curse, or worse; his one friend would see his curse, and come to loathe him.

He let his left hand remain on her shoulder, as he grabbed a nearby stool with his other hand, and moved it to the table.

He lowered himself, and nodded to the others seated with Brynn, and once seated comfortably (as comfortably as was possible inside of his Dunmer-crafted Chitin armor.) he focused upon Brynn again:

"What makes this hero of Markarth..." he looked around, making sure Rebel-king Skwitzgarr was not in reach before continuing.
    "...Sign up with these cutthroats and mercenaries?" He remembered the others seated at the table, and turned to them.

"At least some of them look ready for whatever Ulfric's got left in Skyrim." he nodded to the other occupants, and placed his helmet on the table, and leaned himself forward, placing his arm on the table for support. If he was going to join arms with this rebel army, he might as well make sure the right people had his back, if it came to that. Jokar hated the social game sometimes, but it was necessary.

"Tell me, how many of those, what, Stormcloaks? Do you think we'll have to butcher, before Ulfric realizes these rag-tag sellswords and Forsworn stole his land away from him? Because I'm prepared for a lot of blood."
    He put force into his last word, looking upon the Nightwalker behind them all, to try see some sort of reaction within him.

Torok

Dandre eyed Jokar. With bloodlust in his eyes, he answered. "Every last one of them." Replied the Breton hound. He turned back and focused on his own thoughts. In truth, he hated vampires, they steal prey and don't even eat the bulk of the meal. They're wasters. Pathetic beasts, they're nothing but giant bats harmed by the slightest bit of light and heat. Vampires are nothing compared to the glory of the wolf.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Every last one of them." The man growled.
    Jokar did not bother with it at all, but merely pointed a finger at the man.
    "There's a good man." he said smoothly, before turning to the others, waiting for the others replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts