• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bradavis

so, like many people, I bought the pre-ordered edition of the skyrim collectors edition game guide, but evidently, they neglected to mention that they only had a very limited supply of copies. Yesterday it was claiming that it would ship later in the day. Today, however, it's claiming that I won't get my copy until December 15th. This is absolute trash. I know this isn't entirely related to the game itself, but worth noting. This is how you ruin a day amazon.

bradavis

Just cancel it then, and order it else..? I dunno what else to tell you.
If I re-buy it now, it'll cost me $150 as apposed to the $30 I paid. I'd go buy it at a store here, but nowhere here has it. I guess I'll just wait....

Deseoso

Hey if you want to buy into the false economy of collector editions of things then you have to wait for it. Personally I never buy into collector's editions of anything. The fun for me is playing the game. £100 extra for a 12" model of a dragon and a DVD showing how they made the game and a book of the art from the game just isn't value for money. It is pure false economy. It is not like it will one day be worth something. I'm sorry I am not more sympathetic but I will be going home to play the game tonight while you will have to wait another month just for a model dragon and some pictures.

The word "Sucker" springs to mind.

bradavis

Hey if you want to buy into the false economy of collector editions of things then you have to wait for it. Personally I never buy into collector's editions of anything. The fun for me is playing the game. £100 extra for a 12" model of a dragon and a DVD showing how they made the game and a book of the art from the game just isn't value for money. It is pure false economy. It is not like it will one day be worth something. I'm sorry I am not more sympathetic but I will be going home to play the game tonight while you will have to wait another month just for a model dragon and some pictures.

The word "Sucker" springs to mind.
well, you're and idiot. I bought the collectors edition "GAME GUIDE" not the game itself. I've never bought the collectors edition of any game. So maybe read a bit better before you accuse people of things. I've not bought the game yet because I'm in university and my reading break isn't until December, so I'm waiting out until then to buy the game.

Deseoso

Collectors edition game or game guide. It is irrelevant. You are still buying into false economy. "Idiot", isn't namecalling a bit childish for someone in university? Oh, and I take it you aren't doing an English degree. Sentences start with a capital letter.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, ouch. Please don't spark an argument guys, these forums should be argument-free. :)

That sucks, though. I'm lucky enough to have a store nearby my house so I picked the game up a day early (on the 10th) since I'm from Australia. I couldn't play until the 11th though, but meh. :)

Phil MaKraken

I've looked in a few shops for a guide that il only read when I finish my first game or get really stuck and everyone is sold out. This game looks massive and the re- playability with different character types means this game is going to last me ages that's why I want the guide to look how different skill sets and spells could combine

The sheer amount of what is available to do will have left many a bit overwhelmed I know I am, so I suspect guides will be getting snapped up all over the place

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts